Author Topic: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG  (Read 33560 times)

Re: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2013, 06:49:42 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
He is starting to. I have had very little expectations for him, but that's starting to change. Hopefully he keeps on improving and becomes worthy of the contract.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:06:35 PM by ManUp »

« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2013, 05:15:03 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8954542/chris-paul-blake-griffin-welcome-kevin-garnett-los-angeles-clippers

It was pure coincidence but it certainly raised a few eyebrows among the assembled media.

As the NBA All-Stars from the East and West gathered on a makeshift dais to sit on director's chairs before practice on Saturday, Los Angeles Clippers guard Chris Paul and forward Blake Griffin were seated next to Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett.

Paul and Griffin were no strangers to the rumors as they sat down next to Garnett.

"I think people are just talking," Paul said. "At the end of the day, who wouldn't want to have Kevin Garnett on their team? I talk about that guy all day, every day, his intensity to the game and how he plays the game. He's a special player. That's a guy right there that I looked up to for a long time. Me and Chauncey (Billups) are really close and he and Chauncey are really close and everything I know about him is that he's a very loyal guy."

"I love the way he competes as a player," Griffin said. "He's a very, very serious competitor. His level of professionalism is off the charts. Every game, I've heard he's the most intense guy to be around. That's tough to do to play as many games as he's played and still have that level of intensity."

As much as Griffin likes the Clippers' roster, he made it clear that there is certainly room for improvement on the team and sometimes personnel moves are a part of that improvement process.

"I think we need to be better," Griffin said. "I think we have enough talent to be a championship contender ... Sometimes you have to plant the seeds and let them grow and all that but with the pieces we have now is the time to continually keep attacking and make those moves to be a championship team."

« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2013, 06:05:56 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
KG will not do this to Pierce/Rondo or his family. He didn't sign up to be a trade chip. He's not going anywhere.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2013, 07:19:26 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
KG will not do this to Pierce/Rondo or his family. He didn't sign up to be a trade chip. He's not going anywhere.

I hope you're right...

Probably going to be hitting refresh on the twitter feeds the next couple of days just to make sure.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2013, 09:08:12 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I still have yet to hear anyone state how this trade makes sense for the Celtics.

« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2013, 10:15:53 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Everyone without a no-trade clause signed up to be a trade chip. There's this thing called a CBA.

« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I still have yet to hear anyone state how this trade makes sense for the Celtics.

It's all about aquiring young assets for a guy who won't be worth anything to the Celtics in a year or two, when he retires.  If you believe the Celtics have a decent chance at winning the title this year, or next, as currently constructed, then you are against this deal.  Otherwise, it's a no brainer. 

For me, it's about winning championships, as soon as I believe there is no chance to win as currently constructed, it's time to begin rebuilding, and gear up for that next title.  This trade would net the Celtics two young talents, that clearly, in two years, will make the Celtics better than if they just keep KG and let him retire a Celtic.

It's also not necessarily a slap in the face for KG.  Who wouldn't want to improve their chance of winning a title before he retires.  In L.A, he would certainly do that.

« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2013, 10:26:41 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Otherwise, it's a no brainer. 

Not really.  Some of us don't want to see the Celtics spend over 1/6th of their cap on a player as limited as DeAndre Jordan.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Not really.  Some of us don't want to see the Celtics spend over 1/6th of their cap on a player as limited as DeAndre Jordan.

Amen.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2013, 11:02:47 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Knowing that Jordan is a bit overpaid, and relief from his deal has some strong benfits for LAC's cap over the next couple of summers, I would assume Ainge is at least tying to push some salary into the deal if possible.

Something like Bass for Odom. Something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=bhg6ajc

This would be more attractive for the Cs, IMO. Adding Pierce in is another possibility, but it's hard to find ways fot the Clips to come up with enough value in return.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2013, 11:04:04 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
A more likely assumption, given the Millsap talk, is that Ainge isn't talking to the Clippers.

If Ainge moves Garnett for Perkins Lite and Bledsoe, he should be fired.

« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2013, 11:18:20 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

He's only signed for two years after this one.  Next year is a rebuilding effort and then he's a 26 year old center on an $11 mil expiring contract - very easy to move.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas

He's only signed for two years after this one.  Next year is a rebuilding effort and then he's a 26 year old center on an $11 mil expiring contract - very easy to move.

Far too long. His skillset is FAR too limited for his money, as Perkins' skillset is.

I have NO interest whatsoever in Jordan.

« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
It dont..we already have a Bledsoe and thats  Bradley..Jordan is a shot blocker with no offense. Next season we will have Rondo, Bradley, Bledsoe, Terry, PP, AND Lee in the backcourt..Too crowded
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

So we'd be trading KG for a guy whose biggest contribution may eventually be as an expiring contract?

Doesn't that make you realize why people aren't impressed with this rumor?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes