Author Topic: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG  (Read 33530 times)

Re: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2013, 01:10:43 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
On media day the number one reason KG gave for resigning was Doc. Vinny Del Negro isn't Doc.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:22:45 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Rather keep KG than land Bledsoe/Jordan

« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN
#Celticstalk: FWIW, every #Celtics player except Fab Melo has a better defensive rating this year than #Clippers DeAndre Jordan.
I tweeted back to him with no response but this is completely false. Jordan's defensive rating is 100 the only players better than him are Fab Melo and KG. The only thing I can think of is that he thinks a higher defensive rating is better (the opposite is true)
Lol he would

« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN
#Celticstalk: FWIW, every #Celtics player except Fab Melo has a better defensive rating this year than #Clippers DeAndre Jordan.
I tweeted back to him with no response but this is completely false. Jordan's defensive rating is 100 the only players better than him are Fab Melo and KG. The only thing I can think of is that he thinks a higher defensive rating is better (the opposite is true)
Lol he would

Well, that's an embarrassing slipup
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I don't understand why everyone thinks Jordan is a surefire thing.

He's still at a stage of his career where it's unclear of whether he'll turn into a Tyson Chandler, or into a Brendan Haywood.

Exactly.

He has as much upside as he does downside.

It's definitely an intriguing offer but Jordan is still very much a raw prospect.

As for KG's if it's up to me claims, i think he will still listen to Danny and basically if Danny really wants to force him out (to a better situation)he may cave.

He's basically saying how much he wants to stay here publicly putting his cards on the table so if Danny turns around and says we don't care we don't want you hear (in a nicer way) than I could see KG saying "fine,I'll move on if you are essentially forcing me out". This is assuming it is a good situation like the clippers obviously.

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2013, 01:45:12 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
KG said today he won't waive his no trade, so... Discussion over.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2013, 01:47:32 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
what happens if pp gets traded or rondo? Discussion not over...

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2013, 01:49:56 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
He said he wouldn't leave 'Sota, either.

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
1) This trade does not make the C's anymore competitive for a title in the near future.  Bledsoe and Jordan are both decent players and good defenders.  They are supplementary pieces.

2) I have no doubt that the Clips want KG, and are the ones pushing this discussion.  This is the same Clips team that the Rondo-less Celtics just beat, and they are reeling.  They are going nowhere fast...almost the opposite of the Celtics right now.

3) KG is probably the last person on the roster I would trade at this moment, maybe save for Bradley.  He is more valuable to this team than anyone else, including Pierce.  Unless you are blowing the entire team up, he does not get traded.

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2013, 02:04:16 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
what happens if pp gets traded or rondo? Discussion not over...

Then he rides this one out, probably down and unmotivated  sort of like when Perk was traded, and then retire.  KG is the type of person that believes firmly in principle and loyalty. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2013, 02:06:47 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

If Danny forces him to the Clippers AKA begs KG to leave I have a hard time believing KG stays where he wouldn't be wanted.

I think he is just saying he is not jumping ship, he wants to stay here.

Notice those conversations hes had where he's said that Danny always said he'd put the Team ahead of the players when him and Ray came aboard.

KG is saying that his loyalty is with the Celts and he wants to stay, but I'm thinking if Danny comes to him with a good destination for him like the Clippers and says "any chance you want to do us a favor, waive your clause and go to  a title contender" that KG would consider it.

We won't know until we actually here of a report of Danny asking KG or something like that. Otherwise it is still talk.

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2013, 02:10:12 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
1) This trade does not make the C's anymore competitive for a title in the near future.  Bledsoe and Jordan are both decent players and good defenders.  They are supplementary pieces.

2) I have no doubt that the Clips want KG, and are the ones pushing this discussion.  This is the same Clips team that the Rondo-less Celtics just beat, and they are reeling.  They are going nowhere fast...almost the opposite of the Celtics right now.

3) KG is probably the last person on the roster I would trade at this moment, maybe save for Bradley.  He is more valuable to this team than anyone else, including Pierce.  Unless you are blowing the entire team up, he does not get traded.
1. It seems like you are assuming they won't get better. They are supplementary pieces now, but both have elite athleticism at important positions and should improve.
2. The Clippers were reeling but then Chris Paul came back and they started smashing teams.
3. To me the only reason to trade KG would be if he was retiring at the end of the year
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2013, 02:13:10 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

If Danny forces him to the Clippers AKA begs KG to leave I have a hard time believing KG stays where he wouldn't be wanted.

Notice those conversations hes had where he's said that Danny always said he'd put the Team ahead of the players when him and Ray came aboard.

KG is saying that his loyalty is with the Celts and he wants to stay, but I'm thinking if Danny comes to him with a good destination for him like the Clippers and says "any chance you want to do us a favor, waive your clause and go to  a title contender" that KG would consider it.

We won't know until we actually here of a report of Danny asking KG or something like that. Otherwise it is still talk.

No he won't and they can't force him.  KG is the type of person that would ask Danny "where's your loyalty to me?" because it's two way street. And loyalty is one of the things he talked about during the lockout last season

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

No he won't and they can't force him.  KG is the type of person that would ask Danny "where's your loyalty to me?" because it's two way street. And loyalty is one of the things he talked about during the lockout last season
I see loyalty as leaving the team you love in the best situation for their future,while being able to contend for a title in LA .  What would he be proving going down with the sinking ship( if pp and/or rondo gets traded.

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I like Deandre Jordan. He'd be a solid center next to KG.  But I wouldn't trade KG for him.  Of any player, KG is the one who I refuse to trade.  His value to the culture of this team and the organization as a whole is too important.  He's the modern representation of Celtic Pride... that undefinable jedi force that turns also-ran teams in overachieving pseudo contenders by sheer force of will.  As long as KG is connected to this organization, I feel like the next generation has a chance to "get it".  Keep him here this year.  Next year if he's leaning towards retirement, try to convince him to come off the bench.  Get some young guys onto this team some other method and hope KG's essence rubs off on them.

Paul Pierce is my favorite player of this generation for obvious reasons... but Paul pierce was never a leader of men.  I'd move him for the right deal for the sake of the franchise.  I'd keep KG here for the sake of the franchise.