Author Topic: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG  (Read 33634 times)

Re: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2013, 12:46:32 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
...and with KG's news, we're NEVER going to win a title.  Welcome to mediocrity.  We'll be just good enough to be average.  Danny won't add to this team, but we'll be grateful that KG's exit will be filled with average-ness.  This is what happens when you put all the power in the hands of the player.

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2013, 12:48:17 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
...and with KG's news, we're NEVER going to win a title.  Welcome to mediocrity.  We'll be just good enough to be average.  Danny won't add to this team, but we'll be grateful that KG's exit will be filled with average-ness.  This is what happens when you put all the power in the hands of the player.

Yeah DeAndre Jordan is truly the answer to our prayers.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2013, 12:48:53 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Kg didn't want to come to boston at first either. If Danny explains to him that he will have a better shot at contending for another title in his hometown of LA , while being able to help the c's for the future,I believe he could be talked into waiving his no trade,especially if Pp and/or rondo are traded.

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2013, 12:49:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, I'm sure we'll never win another title again.  DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe were going to be centerpieces to #18 (and probably #19, #20, and #21), but because of KG's selfish loyalty to the franchise and to his teammates, we're DOOMED.

What has he ever done for this franchise, anyway? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2013, 12:50:03 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN
#Celticstalk: FWIW, every #Celtics player except Fab Melo has a better defensive rating this year than #Clippers DeAndre Jordan.

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2013, 12:51:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

what you don't get is, if you get a bledsoe, jordan and barnes who are not considered elite players and may never, but you creatively package a few , with some other players on the team, you might be able to get one ultra superstar. If Kevin Durant for whatever reason is was avail, a trio of bledsoe, jordan and barnes would definitely be enough.

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2013, 12:52:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
#Celticstalk: FWIW, every #Celtics player except Fab Melo has a better defensive rating this year than #Clippers DeAndre Jordan.
I tweeted back to him with no response but this is completely false. Jordan's defensive rating is 100 the only players better than him are Fab Melo and KG. The only thing I can think of is that he thinks a higher defensive rating is better (the opposite is true)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I tweeted back to him with no response but this is completely false. Jordan's defensive rating is 100 the only players better than him are Fab Melo and KG. The only thing I can think of is that he thinks a higher defensive rating is better (the opposite is true)

Haha sherrod is such a moron

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2013, 12:57:07 PM »

• Jaylen Brown
You can't rebuild around KG and Pierce.  You start the process of moving the dominoes now.  Do I believe Bledsoe and Jordan are the answer (in and of themselves)?  No, I'm not that stupid.  But if you want to rebuild the base of talent with younger players, you start the process sometime soon, and you start it with better players than other bottom feeders in the NBA.  But I guess loyalty means more to you guys than it does me.  Loyalty died years ago...  KG is a great guy - I love him, but we're not winning another title here with this team constructed as is.  But I don't care - my comments make me an easy target to the loyalists who sit at KGs feet.  This is PROFESSIONAL sports, and I could care less who is on this team.  When Larry left, and McHale retired and Reggie died - the whole culture changed.  We had guys like X-man and Dominique and the trades were so rampant it didn't matter to me anymore.  KG is a great player, but I'd move him now for pieces to build the next generation of this team.  Jordan and Bledsoe are two nice starting pieces to fetch for an aging veteran with limitations on his minutes.  But that's just me...

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

under Doc's system, Jordan will be asked to stop trying to swat everything in sight. Instead utilize his body to play solid positional defense. The guy is pretty athletic and has good footspeed to execute this (the iq is the issue).  Bledsoe familiar with him will also lob quite a few easy dunks for him. I mean he could give us 10 points (3 lob dunks, 2 putback) and 8 to 10 rebounds (2 or 3 offensive rebounds) easily per game.  This won't makeup for the loss of KG but still pretty darn good for inside the pain production. With Sully back next year as the brains of the interior paint, plus Jordan doing the dirty work, we will be ok. At least after KG is long gone, Jordan will be at his peak of his career playing for the celts.

Just saying

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2013, 12:58:34 PM »

• Jaylen Brown

Yeah, I'm sure we'll never win another title again.  DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe were going to be centerpieces to #18 (and probably #19, #20, and #21), but because of KG's selfish loyalty to the franchise and to his teammates, we're DOOMED.

Roy says it - it's final...  I sit at your feet and soak it in, my friend...

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2013, 01:00:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Roy says it - it's final...  I sit at your feet and soak it in, my friend...

You want an "atta boy" after declaring that this franchise will "NEVER" win a title again if we don't trade KG?  Overreact much?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2013, 01:02:57 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

under Doc's system, Jordan will be asked to stop trying to swat everything in sight. Instead utilize his body to play solid positional defense. The guy is pretty athletic and has good footspeed to execute this (the iq is the issue).  Bledsoe familiar with him will also lob quite a few easy dunks for him. I mean he could give us 10 points (3 lob dunks, 2 putback) and 8 to 10 rebounds (2 or 3 offensive rebounds) easily per game.  This won't makeup for the loss of KG but still pretty darn good for inside the pain production. With Sully back next year as the brains of the interior paint, plus Jordan doing the dirty work, we will be ok. At least after KG is long gone, Jordan will be at his peak of his career playing for the celts.

Just saying
Yeah I think Jordan could be great defensively for us, the question would be can he improve his free throws to the point that he can be on the court in crunch time.

Btw another note on defensive rating. Bledsoe has a rating of 99 which is better than any player except for Melo.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
I dont understand the notion that we cant contend with Garnett/Pierce at least next year....especially with an allstar in Rondo back and altering his game to this new style of celtics play, the improved play of our guys already on the team and hopefully Melo developing to our backup center

arent the Spurs contendors with an old Core?? I dont see cries for them to blow it up and trade tim duncan for Deandre jordan and other assorted mediocrity.

everyone keeps talking about "well the further decline of pierce/KG" I dont see the decline yet. KG is still shooting 50% and Pierce is still putting up 20ppg....and you can counter that "decline" with added contributions from guys like Green

I would think our plan is to build the team like them...an old core with lots of young contributers.

look, Ainge gave KG a No-trade clause for a reason...and it would be extremely disrespectful in my eyes to go shop him when the first year of his deal i'snt even complete

this year has been tough from the growing pains of the team gaining chemistry, to then losing some of our best players to freak injury..

but, I see no reason why we cant come back and be one of the top teams in the east next year....trading our HOF'ers for mediocrity like Deandre Jordan, Bledsoe isnt going to get us any closer

« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't understand why everyone thinks Jordan is a surefire thing.

He's still at a stage of his career where it's unclear of whether he'll turn into a Tyson Chandler, or into a Brendan Haywood.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."