Author Topic: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG  (Read 33550 times)

Re: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2013, 09:33:24 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
CroCor, good post, good points,TP!

Hey, we all knew this time was gonna come for DA and all of us fans, at some point! Danny is between a huge rock and a really hard place! He needs, really, two SOLID rotation players just to get thru the season---and sees no FA help(they'd already be here, if there was!), knows they're not coming from the D league, and obviously no one is offering anything great for BBass in a trade(can't really move anyone else with only 8 other healthy players!). He's got almost half a season yet to get thru and can absolutely not have anyone else go down with injury, or we're definitely finished! Then if we could manage to get to the playoffs healthy, having to beat 3 of the Heat,Bulls,Pacers, and Knicks, just to get a chance at the best in the West!  If you fall short, you're left with a year older KG and PP, a single draft pick this year and a very, very, tough road to rebuilding!
OR, if you move KG for Bledsoe and Jordan, you start out with:

23 yr old Bledsoe
22 yr old Bradley
26 yr old JGreen
21 yr old Sully
24 yr old DJordan

26 yr old CLee
22 yr old FMelo

and still haven't moved PP and or/RR for players and or picks!  That is a FAST rebuild with great potential, especially depending on what you could get for PP, and RR. Or keep PP and RR, perhaps, and still have a playoff team(though I wouldn't do that!).

Put yourselves in Danny's position, and not viewing it as a fan, and it's a no brainer!!!!

That team stinks and doesn't sniff the playoffs..the culture would be long gone and you'd be buckled down for 20 years of nothing again! Yay! Why not enjoy kg?
But I'm starting to sense you were one of those that didn't want to trade big al for Kevin in the first place and enjoyed 2006

Judging by your comments you didn't read much of my post except "move KG for Bledsoe and Jordan", and see the 7 players I mentioned as a fast rebuild with potential, but let's say you did see the last sentence--put yourself in DA position, and at the end of the season KG and PP retire! Now, what is YOUR rebuilding plan?

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2013, 09:36:46 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I went to sleep with dreams of Howard alongside our current roster and woke to read of Perkins Part 2 and another guard that will never lead us to anything being sent to the Celtics for KG...ugh...

KG, just say No. I have 3rd row tickets in Denver on Tuesday and am praying that the current roster will be intact. I want to see the Celtics win the 2nd part of this match up! KG epitomizes what it means to wear Celtics Green. I want him to retire just where he is and continue to play with passion that others can only dream of. You do not trade a passionate superstar for a pound of ground beef.

Having a future line up of a Center who cant score or shoot Free throws coupled with a PG who cant shoot free throws and a guard who can score but does not have the "IT" factor  does not excite me...add Josh Smith, another good defender that cant shoot free throws and we have a sure fire recipe for first round exits for the next five to seven years.

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2013, 09:40:42 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not terribly fond of guys who I can't play in the fourth quarter.  But if we're really set on blowing it up and trading KG, then that's probably the best we're going to get.

I really don't wanna see KG go and I especially don't wanna see pierce go. But you're right. If he wants to waive his clause then this would be a pretty nice return.

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2013, 09:47:03 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
I can not wait till the trade deadline. I'm just praying we keep our key players in Garnett and Pierce. Got sick of this rumors and makes me feel really bad

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2013, 09:48:58 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
CroCor, good post, good points,TP!

Hey, we all knew this time was gonna come for DA and all of us fans, at some point! Danny is between a huge rock and a really hard place! He needs, really, two SOLID rotation players just to get thru the season---and sees no FA help(they'd already be here, if there was!), knows they're not coming from the D league, and obviously no one is offering anything great for BBass in a trade(can't really move anyone else with only 8 other healthy players!). He's got almost half a season yet to get thru and can absolutely not have anyone else go down with injury, or we're definitely finished! Then if we could manage to get to the playoffs healthy, having to beat 3 of the Heat,Bulls,Pacers, and Knicks, just to get a chance at the best in the West!  If you fall short, you're left with a year older KG and PP, a single draft pick this year and a very, very, tough road to rebuilding!
OR, if you move KG for Bledsoe and Jordan, you start out with:

23 yr old Bledsoe
22 yr old Bradley
26 yr old JGreen
21 yr old Sully
24 yr old DJordan

26 yr old CLee
22 yr old FMelo

and still haven't moved PP and or/RR for players and or picks!  That is a FAST rebuild with great potential, especially depending on what you could get for PP, and RR. Or keep PP and RR, perhaps, and still have a playoff team(though I wouldn't do that!).

Put yourselves in Danny's position, and not viewing it as a fan, and it's a no brainer!!!!

That team stinks and doesn't sniff the playoffs..the culture would be long gone and you'd be buckled down for 20 years of nothing again! Yay! Why not enjoy kg?
But I'm starting to sense you were one of those that didn't want to trade big al for Kevin in the first place and enjoyed 2006

Judging by your comments you didn't read much of my post except "move KG for Bledsoe and Jordan", and see the 7 players I mentioned as a fast rebuild with potential, but let's say you did see the last sentence--put yourself in DA position, and at the end of the season KG and PP retire! Now, what is YOUR rebuilding plan?

As far as a rebuild goes that's a pretty good lineup with a boatload of young potential that coul build together for the future or be flipped in a trade for a bigger asset. I mean could Bledsoe and Jordan net Howard in a sign and trade? Could pierce net josh smith? The options could be endless. Say we make the trade then trade pierce for smith.

Next year we have

Rondo/Bledsoe
Bradley/terry/lee
Green
Smith/sully/bass
Jordan/melo

That's a pretty darn good rebuilding lineup while still having pieces to add another big fish. Don't wanna do it, but if it comes down to it we'd already be better off than a lot of rebuilding teams.

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
4. Can Jordan ever learn how to shoot free throws?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kncuw9KfVWY

What do you think?

Also, Garnett's comment didn't have anything to do with retirement.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
My morning comments after reading this thread.
1. To me this deal only makes sense if you assume KG is retiring at the end of the year. If we trade him and this isn't his last year I will be the first to say this was a terrible mistake
2. Of course Bledsoe and Jordan aren't as good as KG now, this deal would be done for the future. Both those guys have high upside.
3. Shocked at how some people are killing Bledsoe. Bledsoe plays similar defense to Bradley. Having the two of them on the court at once would be better defensively than Bradley and Lee. I see his ceiling as a 18/7/5 and 2 steals guy, I guess others don't agree on that.
4. Emotionally it would tear me up to move KG and Pierce, but long term for the franchise, that's a different story. I see moving them (if you can get good value) as the logical move IF they are to retire at the end of the year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2013, 11:15:56 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I have seen feathers growing on my arms........

therefore I expect to be flying this afternoon..

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2013, 11:19:46 AM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Good idea. Let's trade KG for a backup point guard and a below-average center.

That's the half-empty perspective.

How about trading a 36-year-old fading star on a non-contender for a very attractive guard prospect and a 24 year old center with pretty solid value around the league (as evidenced by the bidding war that was recently conducted over his services)?

It's time to go into asset accumulation mode. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2013, 11:24:28 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I would do it

I love KG, but if you can get a good point guard and center for him, that's a pretty good deal.

Strike while the iron is hot

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--clippers--celtics-discussing-kevin-garnett-trade--055506411.html

"The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports."

My thoughts on this
1. Rarely do you hear a rumor reported for a while around the trade deadline actually come to fruition, but you never know.
2. Would trading KG mean that Pierce is out the door too?
3. With Rondo at the helm next year I would move Bledsoe for a big. Maybe play him the rest of the year to get his value up as a starter of a (potential) playoff team.
4. Can Jordan ever learn how to shoot free throws?
5. You wonder if KG's comments hinting at retirement make Ainge more likely to deal him.

1. You are very much correct.
2. Probably.
3. Bledsoe is heavily overrated/so is jordan. He could not start for a playoff team.
4. No. He has okay form but he has no control over how strongly he shoots the ball.
5. Im not sure he was hinting at retirement.
3. The thing is, both players are young and will improve, so maybe they are overrated now but they could be properly rated in the future. If Bledsoe was traded to us I think he would be a starter on a playoff team.
4. I hope you are wrong but I fear you are correct.
5. Anytime KG says anything it is hard to understand his entire meaning, this time he was intentionally being cryptic which means we have no way to even venture a guess as to what he means.
I'm gona start by saying this if Wojo is reporting it i'm believing it might happen because he actually has credibility in NBA circles.  Second Bledsoe is not overated he just needs a chance to start because when he actually gets a chance to play he puts up solid numbers.  Case in point his game stats from a game on the 6th of feb.  His line was 27pts 6rbs 3asts 6stls 3blks and 2 3pointers  That is a very good line for what you call an underated pointguard. 
  I love KG on the celtics but i'm gonna be a realist I don't think the celtics have a chance at winning a championship this year and i am a die hard celtics fan also i think KG has told them that he is probably done after this year.  So why not make the trade.

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
If we combined this and the bass and green for josh smith I would be happy.  I'm assuming we would then trade pierce for some young talent

Rondo
Bradley
*player we trade pierce for
Smith
Jordan

Would be a nice rebuilding team.  Young, athletic, strong defense. 

Maybe a pierce for granger deal? 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2013, 11:28:11 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Im not even sure I would make the trade but anybody who acts like Bledsoe and Jordan are garbage is kidding themselves
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
It sucks to be Danny right now. I don't hate the trade, but I don't love it. I hate the idea of trading Garnett, but I see it as almost necessary.

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2013, 12:05:57 PM »

Offline diddybop

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
This rumor is killing me. KG means so much to this team, organization and everything about the Celtics. The man came to Boston and changed the entire basketball culture. And that thing about the 'Celtic way' and players buying into it: Players tend to listen to guys like KG, before Doc. It'll be much less of a given for players to buy into Doc's system without a guy of KG's stature and how much he respects the coach.

I think Bledsoe is on his way to becoming a hell of a player. He's built like a tank, plays Bradley-esque d, and can rebound like a beast. Offensively he's still got a ways to go before being able to run an offense, and that set shot is pretty gross. Jordan on the other hand, what else can he do besides dunk and rebound? Imagine him and Rondo on the court during the end of a close game. That's two options to foul and chances are they are missing at least one free throw.

I thought I loved trade deadline talk, then I read rumors about Rondo to LAL, KG to LAC and it hurts. Sports is ultimately about rooting for laundry, but losing a guy like KG, who did so much for this franchise that was stuck in awfulness/mediocrity, would really hurt bad.

Oh and while some of you are dreaming of Josh Smith, Rondo and Jordan...imagine those three free throw percentages, late in a close game. KG ultimately has final say, and hopefully he kills this.