Author Topic: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG  (Read 33547 times)

Re: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 02:06:37 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Vinny Del Negro wants KG, willing to give Bledsoe/Jordan for him. Clips front office totally against the move. Front office has final say.

Chris Broussard

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 02:08:29 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Put sentimentality aside for a second. I love KG as much as anyone. But lets be honest, the Celtics aren't winning a title this year or next year.

KG is getting older and older and doesn't have much time left. DeAndre Jordan is a 24 year-old center rapidly improving and Eric Bledsoe is one of the most sought after PG prospects in the NBA at only 23 years-old. Bledsoe was terrific with the starting role while CP3 was injured.

If this trade happens it helps us get better and quickens the rebuilding process.

What are we rebuilding to is the question, who are those group of guys beating that the team we have can't? Who? If the team we have (add a couple players who are solid) can't beat anyone, I don't see DJ,RR, AB, PF, and Green doing it... especially since we wont be able to afford anyone else after everyone gets paid.

Look at the talent the Clips have, they think they'd have a better shot at winning the title WITH KG than both of the guys we would be getting. So if the Clips don't think they can win WITH Jordan and Bledsoe with all the talent they have, what are we winning with them plus RR, JG, AB, and Bass?? PLEASE NO!! Get us a few minor pieces and let's roll with the guys we have, they have a better shot at winning now than the team we will be putting out with DJ and Bledsoe in probably 10 seasons!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 02:09:35 AM »

Offline btabakin

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Vinny Del Negro wants KG, willing to give Bledsoe/Jordan for him. Clips front office totally against the move. Front office has final say.

Chris Broussard

Broussard is the biggest clown in the NBA. His sources suck and his reporting is pathetic.

What concerns me is this quote from an article by Sam Amico of Fox Sports:

"Sources speculated if Garnett were to agree to a trade, the Celtics would then aggressively attempt to move Pierce before Thursday’s trading deadline."

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 02:09:55 AM »

Offline southshorematt

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 46
As much as I love KG and would like to see him retire a Celtics, YOU ABSOLUTELY DO THIS.
It's time to move on from the past... the 08 championship days are OVER... get it.. OVER

Acquire as much young talent as you can and get KG's contract off the books. I would also try to move Pierce for a good younger player.

You ride out the rest of this season, and then this summer you make a bang...

I think this summer would be a great time to trade Bledsoe, Jordan, and our 2013 1st for Demarcus Cousins. Then with KG and Pierce's money off the books along with Bledsoe and Jordan, you can now sign Josh Smith as a free agent... we all know he wants to come here.

So now instead of having a team with aging stars, you have a young/ athletic/ exciting bunch. You have a NEW ERA of Celtics basketball...

RONDO
BRADLEY
GREEN
SMITH
COUSINS

That's the most athletic starting 5 in the NBA

Again, fun to watch but I don't see them getting past the second round ever! Don't do it!

How so? That starting 5 could definitely stand toe to toe with Miami...

Bradley can shut Wade down, Rondo can shut down Chalmers, and Green handled LBJ pretty well in that last match up. Having Demarcus and Jsmoove in the paint would clog it up. Offensively Rondo could run with all 4 of those other guys and give Miami a dose of their own medicine

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 02:13:59 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
As much as I love KG and would like to see him retire a Celtic, YOU ABSOLUTELY DO THIS.
It's time to move on from the past... the 08 championship days are OVER... get it.. OVER

Acquire as much young talent as you can and get KG's contract off the books. I would also try to move Pierce for a good younger player.

I think this summer would be a great time to trade Bledsoe, Jordan, and our 2013 1st for Demarcus Cousins. Then with KG and Pierce's money off the books along with Bledsoe and Jordan, you can now sign Josh Smith as a free agent... we all know he wants to come here.

So now instead of having a team with aging stars, you have a young/ athletic/ exciting bunch. You have a NEW ERA of Celtics basketball...

RONDO
BRADLEY
GREEN
SMITH
COUSINS

I like the potential of this lineup but man could that end horribly
DKC Suns

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 02:14:12 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
This would be terrible for so many reasons.

KG is my single most favorite player to watch.

The C's would be terrible for the foreseeable future.

Pierce would likely be dealt.

Ugh. KG needs to put that no-trade clause to use! Whatever they could get in return would not be championship-caliber anytime soon, so I'd rather just continue watching my true Celtics.

34 and 5 are going in the rafters, let them finish their careers here.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 02:17:08 AM »

Offline btabakin

• Xavier Tillman
Put sentimentality aside for a second. I love KG as much as anyone. But lets be honest, the Celtics aren't winning a title this year or next year.

KG is getting older and older and doesn't have much time left. DeAndre Jordan is a 24 year-old center rapidly improving and Eric Bledsoe is one of the most sought after PG prospects in the NBA at only 23 years-old. Bledsoe was terrific with the starting role while CP3 was injured.

If this trade happens it helps us get better and quickens the rebuilding process.

What are we rebuilding to is the question, who are those group of guys beating that the team we have can't? Who? If the team we have (add a couple players who are solid) can't beat anyone, I don't see DJ,RR, AB, PF, and Green doing it... especially since we wont be able to afford anyone else after everyone gets paid.

Look at the talent the Clips have, they think they'd have a better shot at winning the title WITH KG than both of the guys we would be getting. So if the Clips don't think they can win WITH Jordan and Bledsoe with all the talent they have, what are we winning with them plus RR, JG, AB, and Bass?? PLEASE NO!! Get us a few minor pieces and let's roll with the guys we have, they have a better shot at winning now than the team we will be putting out with DJ and Bledsoe in probably 10 seasons!

Yes the Clippers have a better shot at a title with KG because he can create spacing an open up lanes for Blake Griffin. The truth of the matter is that this team will not win any titles as presently constructed. Do you want to turn into the Hawks where we make the playoffs each year and lose in the second round?

Bledsoe and Jordan are GREAT young pieces. Celtics are entering a rebuilding period either now or in 2 years. You can either jump-start that process with this trade or wait and go through a longer rebuilding process which is utter hell.

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 02:19:13 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd rather trade Rondo for an all-star caliber guy who needs a new zip code.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 02:19:50 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--clippers--celtics-discussing-kevin-garnett-trade--055506411.html

"The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports."

My thoughts on this
1. Rarely do you hear a rumor reported for a while around the trade deadline actually come to fruition, but you never know.
2. Would trading KG mean that Pierce is out the door too?
3. With Rondo at the helm next year I would move Bledsoe for a big. Maybe play him the rest of the year to get his value up as a starter of a (potential) playoff team.
4. Can Jordan ever learn how to shoot free throws?
5. You wonder if KG's comments hinting at retirement make Ainge more likely to deal him.

1. You are very much correct.
2. Probably.
3. Bledsoe is heavily overrated/so is jordan. He could not start for a playoff team.
4. No. He has okay form but he has no control over how strongly he shoots the ball.
5. Im not sure he was hinting at retirement.

How does Chris Paul's backup get overrated? Who is in charge of overrating these players? And where are they posting this stuff because I never see it.

I'm not saying I want the deal to happen or think it's even likely. But the highest praise I've ever heard regarding Bledsoe is that he's a helluva backup PG. It would be interesting to see the kind of havoc Bledsoe and Bradley could create for teams in the backcourt though. I think they would be a naturally dangerous tandem for most teams in this league. If we wanted to blow it up, it's not the worst deal. Paul either gets moved or leaves after the season and you at least start a new era with this as your core:

pg- RR/Bledsoe
sg- AB/JET/Lee
sf- Green
pf- Sully
c - Jordan

In the East, that is most certainly NOT a lottery team. That team gets to the playoffs and you still can move assets from that bunch.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 02:24:33 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71

Yes the Clippers have a better shot at a title with KG because he can create spacing an open up lanes for Blake Griffin. The truth of the matter is that this team will not win any titles as presently constructed. Do you want to turn into the Hawks where we make the playoffs each year and lose in the second round?

Bledsoe and Jordan are GREAT young pieces. Celtics are entering a rebuilding period either now or in 2 years. You can either jump-start that process with this trade or wait and go through a longer rebuilding process which is utter hell.

Why are referring to the Atlanta Hawks?  So if KG is not dealt, the Celtics will make the playoffs the next five years and bounce out quickly?  Both KG and Pierce will be gone in the next two years or sooner.  They have no danger of being a perpetually mediocre team. 

Building around Bledsoe and Jordan gives the Celtics a better shot of becoming the next Atlanta Hawks than vice versa.

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 02:29:25 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
My main interest in E.Bledsoe and D.Jordan would be as trade assets.

To move them on in subsequent deals for picks or prospects who better fit Boston's rebuilding process than E.Bledsoe (R.Rondo, A.Bradley) or D.Jordan (limited offense, highly paid) do.

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 02:30:01 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--clippers--celtics-discussing-kevin-garnett-trade--055506411.html

"The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports."

My thoughts on this
1. Rarely do you hear a rumor reported for a while around the trade deadline actually come to fruition, but you never know.
2. Would trading KG mean that Pierce is out the door too?
3. With Rondo at the helm next year I would move Bledsoe for a big. Maybe play him the rest of the year to get his value up as a starter of a (potential) playoff team.
4. Can Jordan ever learn how to shoot free throws?
5. You wonder if KG's comments hinting at retirement make Ainge more likely to deal him.

1. You are very much correct.
2. Probably.
3. Bledsoe is heavily overrated/so is jordan. He could not start for a playoff team.
4. No. He has okay form but he has no control over how strongly he shoots the ball.
5. Im not sure he was hinting at retirement.

How does Chris Paul's backup get overrated? Who is in charge of overrating these players? And where are they posting this stuff because I never see it.

I'm not saying I want the deal to happen or think it's even likely. But the highest praise I've ever heard regarding Bledsoe is that he's a helluva backup PG. It would be interesting to see the kind of havoc Bledsoe and Bradley could create for teams in the backcourt though. I think they would be a naturally dangerous tandem for most teams in this league. If we wanted to blow it up, it's not the worst deal. Paul either gets moved or leaves after the season and you at least start a new era with this as your core:

pg- RR/Bledsoe
sg- AB/JET/Lee
sf- Green
pf- Sully
c - Jordan

In the East, that is most certainly NOT a lottery team. That team gets to the playoffs and you still can move assets from that bunch.

Maybe not a lottery team, but definitely not winning a playoff series.

DA would have to flip several assets for a star. Still don't like Rondo as the best player for a franchise. Too poor a scorer and defender. I'd honestly trade everyone you named except Lee and Green (maybe I'd add Sully to that list). They are players you need on a winning team. Versatile and two-way players.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 02:36:52 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This makes me feel icky.  KG needs to retire here

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 02:42:23 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
As much as I love KG and would like to see him retire a Celtics, YOU ABSOLUTELY DO THIS.

RONDO
BRADLEY
GREEN
SMITH
COUSINS

Again, fun to watch but I don't see them getting past the second round ever! Don't do it!

How so? That starting 5 could definitely stand toe to toe with Miami...

Bradley can shut Wade down, Rondo can shut down Chalmers, and Green handled LBJ pretty well in that last match up. Having Demarcus and Jsmoove in the paint would clog it up. Offensively Rondo could run with all 4 of those other guys and give Miami a dose of their own medicine

LOL no sir... you underestimate what KG does for our defense! That team can't beat Mia! Which one of those players are you giving the ball to that's going to go toe to toe with LeBroid in the playoffs? All the running that team could do in the reg season will be mighty fun to watch but when the playoffs come, which of them do you trust to continue to do damage in a halfcourt game (RR and who... MAYBE smith)? Who is gonna get you offense when the going get's tough?

Let's look at the matchup with the cHeat:

RR can probably hold Chalmers down, he'd probably win that matchup most nights fairly easily (assuming he is his old self after the injury).

AB on Wade... no doubt he can slow Wade but in the playoffs he is a whole nother animal, so even if AB can hold him to 25pts per game... what will AB get on Wade who is a great defender in his own right? 10pts per? Yes, I know Wade is getting slower and not as good by the seasons... but this Wade is better than anyone we have going against him any day of the week (including my boo AB)!!

Green vs. LeBroid... while I think Green would slow him slightly in a game or 2 LeBron would probably average 30 a game on him... anyone can have a good night against Lebron, how much are you stopping him to win 4 of 7? I love G8 but he is nothing in comparison to Lebroid (especially with the monkey off his back now)!

JSmoove vs. Battier/Haslem or whoever Mia can roundup in a season or 2. LOL I'd call that a draw b/c Battier could contain him very well and then all the open 3s Battier is going to get (that he, Bosh, Chalmers, and Miller rained on us last season) will only further nullify what JS gives us!

Bosh vs. Cousins... now I hate Bosh's face too but I'm giving him that matchup everyday and twice on Sunday b/c Cousins will be pulled out of the paint (even if he's put on Battier on defense he'll be out of the paint)... Cousins can't tie KG's shoe on defense much less be any threat to Bosh who has come into his own. As garbage as Bosh is, he's no slouch as a defender, despite his soft name tag.

We lose most every matchup or have a draw except w/ RR. You think that team can beat Mia but OKC couldn't??? LOL no sir!!

We aren't talking the highlight factory that would probably be the regular season. We are talking about winning championships... that team won't be doing that!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 02:44:34 AM »

Offline btabakin

• Xavier Tillman

Why are referring to the Atlanta Hawks?  So if KG is not dealt, the Celtics will make the playoffs the next five years and bounce out quickly?  Both KG and Pierce will be gone in the next two years or sooner.  They have no danger of being a perpetually mediocre team. 

Building around Bledsoe and Jordan gives the Celtics a better shot of becoming the next Atlanta Hawks than vice versa.

It's all about assets. Are Bledsoe and Jordan going to win you a title? Obviously not. To win a title you need superstars. With Bledsoe, Jordan, Bradley, Sully and if we traded Pierce (a whole different discussion) we'd probably get young assets back as well.

These assets can be flipped for star players. Are cap situation right now is HORRIBLE. We are not able to sign any superstar free agents. Even if KG retires and Paul Pierce gets cut, we'd only have about 6mil in cap room to sign people.

Building assets is the way to win a title in this new NBA. That's how we got KG and Ray Allen in the first place.