Author Topic: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG  (Read 33536 times)

Re: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
CroCor, good post, good points,TP!

Hey, we all knew this time was gonna come for DA and all of us fans, at some point! Danny is between a huge rock and a really hard place! He needs, really, two SOLID rotation players just to get thru the season---and sees no FA help(they'd already be here, if there was!), knows they're not coming from the D league, and obviously no one is offering anything great for BBass in a trade(can't really move anyone else with only 8 other healthy players!). He's got almost half a season yet to get thru and can absolutely not have anyone else go down with injury, or we're definitely finished! Then if we could manage to get to the playoffs healthy, having to beat 3 of the Heat,Bulls,Pacers, and Knicks, just to get a chance at the best in the West!  If you fall short, you're left with a year older KG and PP, a single draft pick this year and a very, very, tough road to rebuilding!
OR, if you move KG for Bledsoe and Jordan, you start out with:

23 yr old Bledsoe
22 yr old Bradley
26 yr old JGreen
21 yr old Sully
24 yr old DJordan

26 yr old CLee
22 yr old FMelo

and still haven't moved PP and or/RR for players and or picks!  That is a FAST rebuild with great potential, especially depending on what you could get for PP, and RR. Or keep PP and RR, perhaps, and still have a playoff team(though I wouldn't do that!).

Put yourselves in Danny's position, and not viewing it as a fan, and it's a no brainer!!!!

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2013, 08:21:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Good idea. Let's trade KG for a backup point guard and a below-average center.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2013, 08:23:10 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

My thoughts exactly.  TP.

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2013, 08:27:21 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55

I'm sure there are Clips fans out there saying, "really, trade two important pieces of our future, who are good now and still developing, for a player who'll be out of the league in a year or two!".

Just depends on what side of the fence your looking from!

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2013, 08:30:13 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

I'm sure there are Clips fans out there saying, "really, trade two important pieces of our future, who are good now and still developing, for a player who'll be out of the league in a year or two!".

Just depends on what side of the fence your looking from!

If they're saying that....they're dumb.they should be willing to drive Bledsoe and Jordan to the airport. I'm sure clippers fans would be ok with a championship.

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2013, 08:36:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I always the trade is not that good but if this move is made then we are in rebuild mode.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/deandre_jordan/

I think one can make a strong arguement he is a better player than Perk.   Didn't you lament the loss of Perk?   This guy is a better offense player and rebounds better and is a better athlete.  This guys is not that bad, better than Perk when he was healthy.  Otherwise your calling Perk a below average center?  Jordan would be a nice C next to Rondo because of the fact that he runs the floor and will go up and get it if you throw it up there.

If KG walks we get nothing has to be DA thought.   I would ask for a little more maybe a pick for us though.

Rondo will be retained on that team if they go this way.   I could see them signing Smith from ATL to play with Rondo and add Jordan and Sully and you have the makings of a nice front court perhaps and you have Green.  Bradley, Rondo and Bledsoe is an ok guard rotation but I would want a shooter to spread the floor.

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2013, 08:45:41 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I always the trade is not that good but if this move is made then we are in rebuild mode.

I think one can make a strong arguement he is a better player than Perk.   Didn't you lament the loss of Perk?   

Perk is a great finishing piece to a championship team, or a nice building block on a $4.5 million contract.  I think it would be ridiculous to make Perk a centerpiece of a rebuilding effort, though, and I certainly wouldn't have wanted a young, underdeveloped Perk on an $11 million per year contract.

I especially wouldn't have wanted a young, underdeveloped Perk on an $11 million per year contract if it was going to cost us KG (and by extension, Paul Pierce).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2013, 08:46:05 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

I think one can make a strong arguement he is a better player than Perk.   Didn't you lament the loss of Perk?   This guy is a better offense player and rebounds better and is a better athlete.  This guys is not that bad, better than Perk when he was healthy.  Otherwise your calling Perk a below average center?  Jordan would be a nice C next to Rondo because of the fact that he runs the floor and will go up and get it if you throw it up there.

If KG walks we get nothing has to be DA thought.   I would ask for a little more maybe a pick for us though.

Rondo will be retained on that team if they go this way.   I could see them signing Smith from ATL to play with Rondo and add Jordan and Sully and you have the makings of a nice front court perhaps and you have Green.  Bradley, Rondo and Bledsoe is an ok guard rotation but I would want a shooter to spread the floor.

Lol...No one laments the loss of perk if it netted us kg...it was lamented because the role players mean something when you have kg and are going for a title....Jordan next to kg? Exciting! Trading kg for Jordan? Epic fail

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
CroCor, good post, good points,TP!

Hey, we all knew this time was gonna come for DA and all of us fans, at some point! Danny is between a huge rock and a really hard place! He needs, really, two SOLID rotation players just to get thru the season---and sees no FA help(they'd already be here, if there was!), knows they're not coming from the D league, and obviously no one is offering anything great for BBass in a trade(can't really move anyone else with only 8 other healthy players!). He's got almost half a season yet to get thru and can absolutely not have anyone else go down with injury, or we're definitely finished! Then if we could manage to get to the playoffs healthy, having to beat 3 of the Heat,Bulls,Pacers, and Knicks, just to get a chance at the best in the West!  If you fall short, you're left with a year older KG and PP, a single draft pick this year and a very, very, tough road to rebuilding!
OR, if you move KG for Bledsoe and Jordan, you start out with:

23 yr old Bledsoe
22 yr old Bradley
26 yr old JGreen
21 yr old Sully
24 yr old DJordan

26 yr old CLee
22 yr old FMelo

and still haven't moved PP and or/RR for players and or picks!  That is a FAST rebuild with great potential, especially depending on what you could get for PP, and RR. Or keep PP and RR, perhaps, and still have a playoff team(though I wouldn't do that!).

Put yourselves in Danny's position, and not viewing it as a fan, and it's a no brainer!!!!

That team stinks and doesn't sniff the playoffs..the culture would be long gone and you'd be buckled down for 20 years of nothing again! Yay! Why not enjoy kg?
But I'm starting to sense you were one of those that didn't want to trade big al for Kevin in the first place and enjoyed 2006

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2013, 08:57:33 AM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
i think people are overrating bledsoe and jordan...they are in their 3rd and 5th years and neither one is a great player

they are good players and borderline starters, but they are not going to anchor our team by any stretch

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2013, 09:04:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Perk is a great finishing piece to a championship team, or a nice building block on a $4.5 million contract.  I think it would be ridiculous to make Perk a centerpiece of a rebuilding effort, though, and I certainly wouldn't have wanted a young, underdeveloped Perk on an $11 million per year contract.

Can't argue with your logic.   But I still think he is a better player than Perk was, I think if we get him he is a movable asset.   I think he could protect the rim for us.  I think the rebuilding might go smoother with him than letting KG walk but then again sometimes you have to bottom out before you get better.

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2013, 09:17:25 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Can't argue with your logic.   But I still think he is a better player than Perk was, I think if we get him he is a movable asset.   I think he could protect the rim for us.  I think the rebuilding might go smoother with him than letting KG walk but then again sometimes you have to bottom out before you get better.

I agree.  I think people are underestimating Jordan's value and worth, especially as a 24yo center who is ranked #16 in  the NBA in rebounds and #21 in blocks per 48 minutes and #2 in scoring %, at .599, in the NBA.  He also is #28 in FT attempts--just has to improve his % there!

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2013, 09:18:21 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
i think people are overrating bledsoe and jordan...they are in their 3rd and 5th years and neither one is a great player

they are good players and borderline starters, but they are not going to anchor our team by any stretch

Please have this TP.

You got it point for point right there. Excellent brief yet very insightful take.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
This would be about building up assets IMO. If you could trade PP for J Smith after than:
Bledsoe
AB
Green
Smith
Jordan

Interesting team for this year. If we could turn Lee into Redick and add another shooter, could be fun.

But the off-season would be interesting. With Smith, and Rondo would that push Howard into coming here? can Bledsoe, Jordan and fillers turn into Howard?

So much depends on what you turn PP into and than what you do with Rondo or Bledsoe, we wouldn't know that most likely until the summer.

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2013, 09:29:39 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
This would be about building up assets IMO. If you could trade PP for J Smith after than:
Bledsoe
AB
Green
Smith
Jordan

Interesting team for this year. If we could turn Lee into Redick and add another shooter, could be fun.

But the off-season would be interesting. With Smith, and Rondo would that push Howard into coming here? can Bledsoe, Jordan and fillers turn into Howard?

So much depends on what you turn PP into and than what you do with Rondo or Bledsoe, we wouldn't know that most likely until the summer.

That's exactly it. The trade would be about building assets. Getting the most value you can get for KG and Pierce. It's not about building the team around Jordan and Bledsoe. It's about getting valuable players who then provide flexibility for future moves.

If they can turn Pierce into Harrison Barnes, that would be a steal. Arm both California teams other than the lakers!!! An added plus.