Author Topic: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG  (Read 33686 times)

Re: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 02:45:03 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
My main interest in E.Bledsoe and D.Jordan would be as trade assets.

To move them on in subsequent deals for picks or prospects who better fit Boston's rebuilding process than E.Bledsoe (R.Rondo, A.Bradley) or D.Jordan (limited offense, highly paid) do.

I agree.
The best part about this is going after free agents with guys like D Jordan and Bledsloe.
Acquire as many assets you can now that Rondo is out and let him come back from his injury slowly.
Before you know it, we have a trade chip list of:

Bledsloe
Jordan
Sullinger
Bradley
Green

PLUS
draft picks and Fab Melo.

We could get Cousins and another huge free agent to pair with Rondo, potentially creating another big 3 with these trade chips.

I pull the trigger 100% and hope Jordan can learn to shoot free throws. If he can't, plenty of teams will give up a lottery pick for Jordan and probably Bledsloe.
Who knows, Lebron will be a free agent in 2 years...Cousins will be too (I think?), and some other big names.

I love KG but the reality of us winning this year is 1 out of 10 and next year Pierce and KG have next to zero trade value.
Get some assets, turn them into another 2 franchise type players to pair with Rondo and Jeff Green.
We'll have an absolute haul of trade chips if we could do this.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 02:48:04 AM »

Kiorrik

I see the logic, and I hates it. Hope nothing comes to pass
Can I just say that this post oozes LotR?

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 02:57:31 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Put sentimentality aside for a second. I love KG as much as anyone. But lets be honest, the Celtics aren't winning a title this year or next year.

KG is getting older and older and doesn't have much time left. DeAndre Jordan is a 24 year-old center rapidly improving and Eric Bledsoe is one of the most sought after PG prospects in the NBA at only 23 years-old. Bledsoe was terrific with the starting role while CP3 was injured.

If this trade happens it helps us get better and quickens the rebuilding process.

What are we rebuilding to is the question, who are those group of guys beating that the team we have can't? Who? If the team we have (add a couple players who are solid) can't beat anyone, I don't see DJ,RR, AB, PF, and Green doing it... especially since we wont be able to afford anyone else after everyone gets paid.

Look at the talent the Clips have, they think they'd have a better shot at winning the title WITH KG than both of the guys we would be getting. So if the Clips don't think they can win WITH Jordan and Bledsoe with all the talent they have, what are we winning with them plus RR, JG, AB, and Bass?? PLEASE NO!! Get us a few minor pieces and let's roll with the guys we have, they have a better shot at winning now than the team we will be putting out with DJ and Bledsoe in probably 10 seasons!

Yes the Clippers have a better shot at a title with KG because he can create spacing an open up lanes for Blake Griffin. The truth of the matter is that this team will not win any titles as presently constructed. Do you want to turn into the Hawks where we make the playoffs each year and lose in the second round?

Bledsoe and Jordan are GREAT young pieces. Celtics are entering a rebuilding period either now or in 2 years. You can either jump-start that process with this trade or wait and go through a longer rebuilding process which is utter hell.

Why are referring to the Atlanta Hawks?  So if KG is not dealt, the Celtics will make the playoffs the next five years and bounce out quickly?  Both KG and Pierce will be gone in the next two years or sooner.  They have no danger of being a perpetually mediocre team. 

Building around Bledsoe and Jordan gives the Celtics a better shot of becoming the next Atlanta Hawks than vice versa.

It's all about assets. Are Bledsoe and Jordan going to win you a title? Obviously not. To win a title you need superstars. With Bledsoe, Jordan, Bradley, Sully and if we traded Pierce (a whole different discussion) we'd probably get young assets back as well.

These assets can be flipped for star players. Are cap situation right now is HORRIBLE. We are not able to sign any superstar free agents. Even if KG retires and Paul Pierce gets cut, we'd only have about 6mil in cap room to sign people.

Building assets is the way to win a title in this new NBA. That's how we got KG and Ray Allen in the first place.

Look at how long it took to acquire players like Ray and KG... how much were they winning for many years before that?

We have a better shot at winning the chip in the next 3 seasons of KG and PP and a couple tweeks than we'd have starting from scratch in probably 10 seasons.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2013, 03:00:10 AM »

Offline btabakin

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Put sentimentality aside for a second. I love KG as much as anyone. But lets be honest, the Celtics aren't winning a title this year or next year.

KG is getting older and older and doesn't have much time left. DeAndre Jordan is a 24 year-old center rapidly improving and Eric Bledsoe is one of the most sought after PG prospects in the NBA at only 23 years-old. Bledsoe was terrific with the starting role while CP3 was injured.

If this trade happens it helps us get better and quickens the rebuilding process.

What are we rebuilding to is the question, who are those group of guys beating that the team we have can't? Who? If the team we have (add a couple players who are solid) can't beat anyone, I don't see DJ,RR, AB, PF, and Green doing it... especially since we wont be able to afford anyone else after everyone gets paid.

Look at the talent the Clips have, they think they'd have a better shot at winning the title WITH KG than both of the guys we would be getting. So if the Clips don't think they can win WITH Jordan and Bledsoe with all the talent they have, what are we winning with them plus RR, JG, AB, and Bass?? PLEASE NO!! Get us a few minor pieces and let's roll with the guys we have, they have a better shot at winning now than the team we will be putting out with DJ and Bledsoe in probably 10 seasons!

Yes the Clippers have a better shot at a title with KG because he can create spacing an open up lanes for Blake Griffin. The truth of the matter is that this team will not win any titles as presently constructed. Do you want to turn into the Hawks where we make the playoffs each year and lose in the second round?

Bledsoe and Jordan are GREAT young pieces. Celtics are entering a rebuilding period either now or in 2 years. You can either jump-start that process with this trade or wait and go through a longer rebuilding process which is utter hell.

Why are referring to the Atlanta Hawks?  So if KG is not dealt, the Celtics will make the playoffs the next five years and bounce out quickly?  Both KG and Pierce will be gone in the next two years or sooner.  They have no danger of being a perpetually mediocre team. 

Building around Bledsoe and Jordan gives the Celtics a better shot of becoming the next Atlanta Hawks than vice versa.

It's all about assets. Are Bledsoe and Jordan going to win you a title? Obviously not. To win a title you need superstars. With Bledsoe, Jordan, Bradley, Sully and if we traded Pierce (a whole different discussion) we'd probably get young assets back as well.

These assets can be flipped for star players. Are cap situation right now is HORRIBLE. We are not able to sign any superstar free agents. Even if KG retires and Paul Pierce gets cut, we'd only have about 6mil in cap room to sign people.

Building assets is the way to win a title in this new NBA. That's how we got KG and Ray Allen in the first place.

Look at how long it took to acquire players like Ray and KG... how much were they winning for many years before that?

We have a better shot at winning the chip in the next 3 seasons of KG and PP and a couple tweeks than we'd have starting from scratch in probably 10 seasons.

We have zero chance of winning a title with this team in the next two seasons of KG and PP. Doing this trade gives us assets and jumpstarts the process.

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 03:01:01 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I see the logic, and I hates it. Hope nothing comes to pass
Can I just say that this post oozes LotR?

Gollum! GOLLUM!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2013, 03:01:01 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
Building a championship takes years and years (unless you do some back door type of stuff like Mia's little 3)... any team we'd have a chance to build any time soon won't do much better (probably worse) than the team we have now, for seasons on end!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2013, 03:06:07 AM »

Offline btabakin

• Xavier Tillman
Building a championship takes years and years (unless you do some back door type of stuff like Mia's little 3)... any team we'd have a chance to build any time soon won't do much better (probably worse) than the team we have now, for seasons on end!

The ultimate goal is to win a title. This current team cannot win a title. Thus we need to build a new team with assets.

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2013, 03:10:15 AM »

Offline southshorematt

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 46
As much as I love KG and would like to see him retire a Celtics, YOU ABSOLUTELY DO THIS.
It's time to move on from the past... the 08 championship days are OVER... get it.. OVER

Acquire as much young talent as you can and get KG's contract off the books. I would also try to move Pierce for a good younger player.

You ride out the rest of this season, and then this summer you make a bang...

I think this summer would be a great time to trade Bledsoe, Jordan, and our 2013 1st for Demarcus Cousins. Then with KG and Pierce's money off the books along with Bledsoe and Jordan, you can now sign Josh Smith as a free agent... we all know he wants to come here.

So now instead of having a team with aging stars, you have a young/ athletic/ exciting bunch. You have a NEW ERA of Celtics basketball...

RONDO
BRADLEY
GREEN
SMITH
COUSINS

That's the most athletic starting 5 in the NBA

Again, fun to watch but I don't see them getting past the second round ever! Don't do it!

How so? That starting 5 could definitely stand toe to toe with Miami...

Bradley can shut Wade down, Rondo can shut down Chalmers, and Green handled LBJ pretty well in that last match up. Having Demarcus and Jsmoove in the paint would clog it up. Offensively Rondo could run with all 4 of those other guys and give Miami a dose of their own medicine

LOL no sir... you underestimate what KG does for our defense! That team can't beat Mia! Which one of those players are you giving the ball to that's going to go toe to toe with LeBroid in the playoffs? All the running that team could do in the reg season will be mighty fun to watch but when the playoffs come, which of them do you trust to continue to do damage in a halfcourt game (RR and who... MAYBE smith)? Who is gonna get you offense when the going get's tough?

Let's look at the matchup with the cHeat:

RR can probably hold Chalmers down, he'd probably win that matchup most nights fairly easily (assuming he is his old self after the injury).

AB on Wade... no doubt he can slow Wade but in the playoffs he is a whole nother animal, so even if AB can hold him to 25pts per game... what will AB get on Wade who is a great defender in his own right? 10pts per? Yes, I know Wade is getting slower and not as good by the seasons... but this Wade is better than anyone we have going against him any day of the week (including my boo AB)!!

Green vs. LeBroid... while I think Green would slow him slightly in a game or 2 LeBron would probably average 30 a game on him... anyone can have a good night against Lebron, how much are you stopping him to win 4 of 7? I love G8 but he is nothing in comparison to Lebroid (especially with the monkey off his back now)!

JSmoove vs. Battier/Haslem or whoever Mia can roundup in a season or 2. LOL I'd call that a draw b/c Battier could contain him very well and then all the open 3s Battier is going to get (that he, Bosh, Chalmers, and Miller rained on us last season) will only further nullify what JS gives us!

Bosh vs. Cousins... now I hate Bosh's face too but I'm giving him that matchup everyday and twice on Sunday b/c Cousins will be pulled out of the paint (even if he's put on Battier on defense he'll be out of the paint)... Cousins can't tie KG's shoe on defense much less be any threat to Bosh who has come into his own. As garbage as Bosh is, he's no slouch as a defender, despite his soft name tag.

We lose most every matchup or have a draw except w/ RR. You think that team can beat Mia but OKC couldn't??? LOL no sir!!

We aren't talking the highlight factory that would probably be the regular season. We are talking about winning championships... that team won't be doing that!

TP for your breakdown! I'd still rather watch my starting 5 play Miami in the playoffs than the starting 5 we're gonna trot out there if we keep Pierce and KG for this year + 2 more.

I think I'm just over this era. I want to move on. I want to be young and exciting. I don't know what that feels like regarding the Celtics

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2013, 03:17:12 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I hate Howard, but I'd rather trade Rondo for Howard than do this deal.

If KG chooses to retire then I'd rather give him the chance to do that on his terms.  I don't want to see him traded away (even though I know he has to agree) because that's a nice way of the team saying "we don't need you anymore", and after all KG has done for the Celtics (single handedly changing the culture here) I'd hate to see him go out feeling unwanted as an end to his illustrious career.

I'd rather see him retire, then we can use that cap space to sign a quality player in the offseason.

Rondo is still young and can still build a heritage elsewhere, but if KG is traded out purely for trade chips then that to me is like a black mark on his career, and a borderline insult to a man who has completely transformed this franchise.

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 03:17:39 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Vinny Del Negro wants KG, willing to give Bledsoe/Jordan for him. Clips front office totally against the move. Front office has final say.

Chris Broussard

Broussard is the biggest clown in the NBA. His sources suck and his reporting is pathetic.

What concerns me is this quote from an article by Sam Amico of Fox Sports:

"Sources speculated if Garnett were to agree to a trade, the Celtics would then aggressively attempt to move Pierce before Thursday’s trading deadline."

Who are these sources, and if they are even halfway correct, we'd better get at least another draft pick in this year's draft for either one.

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 03:29:46 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

The ultimate goal is to win a title. This current team cannot win a title. Thus we need to build a new team with assets.

You don't know that and even if it's true, again I ask, what team are we building that's even going to have a chance in the next 10 seasons?

I'd rather watch KG and PP lose in the second round than a team of youngins not make the playoffs for the next 10 seasons.

I'm starting to think that you guys think we will turn around and have a contender in the next 5 seasons when we trade off PP and KG. Yes, magic happens once in a blue moon but it's going to be a long process. Let's put that process off for a least 2 more seasons b/c who knows what PP and KG and a few other pieces can do... KG and PP have been there done that and are still stars and some of the best, you need a FEW of those to even contend.

Let me just be real, I already cheer for the Bucs, watch every game and trick myself (every season) into believe they can win, year after year we STINK (I'll cheer and believe no matter what). Sure, it's exciting to get new/young players every season so you can say, if only these young guys develop together we could be very good one days... it gets old quick! Give me the Pats seasons (but it be the Bucs) where they actually win games but lose deep intp the playoffs (I mean take away Superbowl wins)... that is 100 times more fun to watch than new players every season (very good players) but we always miss the playoffs! I'd rather be actually fooled that we have a chance than have to convince myself of that even though we have NO chance! A team that makes the playoffs (and every round further) has a chance at the chip, those that miss it have NONE!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:41:34 AM by ImShakHeIsShaq »

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2013, 03:36:06 AM »

Offline btabakin

• Xavier Tillman

You don't know that and even if it's true, again I ask, what team are we building that's even going to have a chance in the next 10 seasons?

I'd rather watch KG and PP lose in the second round than a team of youngins not make the playoffs for the next 10 seasons.

I'm starting to think that you guys think we will turn around and have a contender in the next 5 seasons when we trade off PP and KG. Yes, magic happens once in a blue moon but it's going to be a long process. Let's put that process off for a least 2 more seasons b/c who knows what PP and KG and a few other pieces can do... KG and PP have been there done that and are still stars and some of the best, you need a FEW of those to even contend.

This team has no way to beat Miami let alone win a title.

1. Lebron is unguardable now. He can play any position and creates a mismatch across the entire court.
2. Without Rondo are greatest strength against the Heat is gone.
3. Pierce can barely score now. How is he going to score efficiently when hes guarding Lebron for 30+ minutes per game.
4. We can't double Lebron anymore since he now has Ray Allen sitting in the corner waiting to drain a 3.

There is no way we can beat the Heat let alone the Thunder or the Spurs in a seven-game series.

As others have said, this team has gotten boring and is not fun to watch. And yes, I do think we could have a contender in 5 seasons. Sooner or later we will have to enter the rebuilding process. I'd rather start it now and get back valuable assets in Jordan and Bledsoe than wait an extra 2 years for no reason and have the rebuilding period be longer.

With the new CBA super-teams like Miami won't exist in 2 years. This will level the playing field.

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2013, 03:37:41 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
My main interest in E.Bledsoe and D.Jordan would be as trade assets.

To move them on in subsequent deals for picks or prospects who better fit Boston's rebuilding process than E.Bledsoe (R.Rondo, A.Bradley) or D.Jordan (limited offense, highly paid) do.

I concur, but I don't think Jordan's contract bothers Ainge much.  We started out our last rebuild adding Raef's contract.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 03:38:57 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
As much as I love KG and would like to see him retire a Celtic, YOU ABSOLUTELY DO THIS.
It's time to move on from the past... the 08 championship days are OVER... get it.. OVER

Acquire as much young talent as you can and get KG's contract off the books. I would also try to move Pierce for a good younger player.

You ride out the rest of this season, and then this summer you make a bang...

I think this summer would be a great time to trade Bledsoe, Jordan, and our 2013 1st for Demarcus Cousins. Then with KG and Pierce's money off the books along with Bledsoe and Jordan, you can now sign Josh Smith as a free agent... we all know he wants to come here.

So now instead of having a team with aging stars, you have a young/ athletic/ exciting bunch. You have a NEW ERA of Celtics basketball...

RONDO
BRADLEY
GREEN
SMITH
COUSINS

That's the most athletic starting 5 in the NBA

Get back Perkins and you have the "Superfriend Rondo Team" in Celtics jersey. Hahahah!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2013, 03:43:05 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan