Author Topic: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG  (Read 33529 times)

Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« on: February 16, 2013, 01:21:50 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--clippers--celtics-discussing-kevin-garnett-trade--055506411.html

"The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports."

My thoughts on this
1. Rarely do you hear a rumor reported for a while around the trade deadline actually come to fruition, but you never know.
2. Would trading KG mean that Pierce is out the door too?
3. With Rondo at the helm next year I would move Bledsoe for a big. Maybe play him the rest of the year to get his value up as a starter of a (potential) playoff team.
4. Can Jordan ever learn how to shoot free throws?
5. You wonder if KG's comments hinting at retirement make Ainge more likely to deal him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 01:25:54 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I don't wanna trade KG. I just don't.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 01:27:04 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I see the logic, and I hates it. Hope nothing comes to pass

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 01:27:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Gosh, I would hate to see the Clippers win a title.

Send Garnett somewhere else. Give him to San Antonio.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 01:28:26 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
So glad KG has a no-trade clause.

Just say no!
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 01:31:44 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Not terribly fond of guys who I can't play in the fourth quarter.  But if we're really set on blowing it up and trading KG, then that's probably the best we're going to get. 

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 01:33:36 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--clippers--celtics-discussing-kevin-garnett-trade--055506411.html

"The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports."

My thoughts on this
1. Rarely do you hear a rumor reported for a while around the trade deadline actually come to fruition, but you never know.
3. With Rondo at the helm next year I would move Bledsoe for a big. Maybe play him the rest of the year to get his value up as a starter of a (potential) playoff team.
5. You wonder if KG's comments hinting at retirement make Ainge more likely to deal him.

1. You are very much correct.
2. Probably.
3. Bledsoe is heavily overrated/so is jordan. He could not start for a playoff team.
4. No. He has okay form but he has no control over how strongly he shoots the ball.
5. Im not sure he was hinting at retirement.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 01:40:35 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

My thoughts on this

1. You are very much correct.
2. Probably.
3. Bledsoe is heavily overrated/so is jordan. He could not start for a playoff team.
4. No. He has okay form but he has no control over how strongly he shoots the ball.
5. Im not sure he was hinting at retirement.
3. The thing is, both players are young and will improve, so maybe they are overrated now but they could be properly rated in the future. If Bledsoe was traded to us I think he would be a starter on a playoff team.
4. I hope you are wrong but I fear you are correct.
5. Anytime KG says anything it is hard to understand his entire meaning, this time he was intentionally being cryptic which means we have no way to even venture a guess as to what he means.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 01:41:31 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Gosh, I would hate to see the Clippers win a title.

Send Garnett somewhere else. Give him to San Antonio.

Ah, a fellow Sterling hater. Yes, that guy sucks. A deep playoff run will cement him with anyone who would've even briefly entertained trying to force him out. It would turn into another Marge Schott situation.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 01:57:38 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Ugh, I hope this doesn't happen.  It'd be punting away the season without significantly changing the rebuilding timeline that awaits them in the near future because Bledsoe and Jordan (or whoever you get from trading Rondo or Blesoe) aren't good enough.  They're pretty good and they've both improved a lot but they have some big warts.  I much prefer seeing Garnett and Pierce play out their contracts here, give  their best shot and then hope for draft luck aftewards.  Plus, seeing Sterling and Chris Paul win would be disagreeable.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 01:59:57 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
PLEASE GOD, NO!!!! KG, please say NO!! This isn't going to be a win now and I'm not even sure if it's better for our future. Again, I'm not a player's fan but if it's about the Celtics, we have a better shot for about 3 more seasons with KG at a title (if he's healthy and we get a few more pieces) than I think we'd have with 10 years of building around DJ and RR... who else will we be able to pay in a couple years? RR will get a significant raise and I'm sure DJ will get a healthy raise b/c he is a solid center and probably more so in a few seasons. Okay, let's say we can have RR, AB, G8, PF (Bass), and DJ... who are they beating? NO sir!!!! Don't do it!! Danny give this group with minor additions and maybe subtractions the 3 yrs of KG's contract!!! DON'T DO IT KG OR DANNY!!

It's only 2am and this has ruined my day... Woj, why?!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 02:00:27 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I jst can't see it happening.  Nothing the Clips have to offer us is better than simply letting KG just retire.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 02:02:32 AM »

Offline southshorematt

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 46
As much as I love KG and would like to see him retire a Celtic, YOU ABSOLUTELY DO THIS.
It's time to move on from the past... the 08 championship days are OVER... get it.. OVER

Acquire as much young talent as you can and get KG's contract off the books. I would also try to move Pierce for a good younger player.

You ride out the rest of this season, and then this summer you make a bang...

I think this summer would be a great time to trade Bledsoe, Jordan, and our 2013 1st for Demarcus Cousins. Then with KG and Pierce's money off the books along with Bledsoe and Jordan, you can now sign Josh Smith as a free agent... we all know he wants to come here.

So now instead of having a team with aging stars, you have a young/ athletic/ exciting bunch. You have a NEW ERA of Celtics basketball...

RONDO
BRADLEY
GREEN
SMITH
COUSINS

That's the most athletic starting 5 in the NBA

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 02:03:32 AM »

Offline btabakin

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Put sentimentality aside for a second. I love KG as much as anyone. But lets be honest, the Celtics aren't winning a title this year or next year.

KG is getting older and older and doesn't have much time left. DeAndre Jordan is a 24 year-old center rapidly improving and Eric Bledsoe is one of the most sought after PG prospects in the NBA at only 23 years-old. Bledsoe was terrific with the starting role while CP3 was injured.

If this trade happens it helps us get better and quickens the rebuilding process.

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 02:05:23 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
As much as I love KG and would like to see him retire a Celtics, YOU ABSOLUTELY DO THIS.
It's time to move on from the past... the 08 championship days are OVER... get it.. OVER

Acquire as much young talent as you can and get KG's contract off the books. I would also try to move Pierce for a good younger player.

You ride out the rest of this season, and then this summer you make a bang...

I think this summer would be a great time to trade Bledsoe, Jordan, and our 2013 1st for Demarcus Cousins. Then with KG and Pierce's money off the books along with Bledsoe and Jordan, you can now sign Josh Smith as a free agent... we all know he wants to come here.

So now instead of having a team with aging stars, you have a young/ athletic/ exciting bunch. You have a NEW ERA of Celtics basketball...

RONDO
BRADLEY
GREEN
SMITH
COUSINS

That's the most athletic starting 5 in the NBA

Again, fun to watch but I don't see them getting past the second round ever! Don't do it!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)