Author Topic: Rumor: Rondo for Howard...?  (Read 55544 times)

Re: Rumor: Rondo for Howard...?
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2013, 10:19:41 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Honestly? I'd do this deal even if Howard doesn't resign. It makes us legit contenders NOW. I don't care about next year or the year after.

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2013, 10:19:44 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Team would be ridiculous on defense. Would be pretty interesting though. Can't say I would hate it. I am not a huge Dwight guy but he is 6"11 and rebounds the ball. He would help us this year a lot.

Bradley
Lee
Pierce
KG
Howard

Whew thats a lot of D. Only would do it if he agrees to a bigger contract with us right away though.

I bet that with Howard this team win this year che championship

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2013, 10:20:05 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Holy crap if Ainge could pull this off he'd be possible gm of the year.

If we are going to keep KG and Paul we might as well swing for the fence and give them the best chance. I'd do this even without a commitment from Howard. Even if he wants to walk we could possibly sign and trade him.

With Howard on the floor even playing bad, MIAMi Circus will feel the presure and will fall apart

Or just foul him and make him shoot free throws.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2013, 10:21:49 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Team would be ridiculous on defense. Would be pretty interesting though. Can't say I would hate it. I am not a huge Dwight guy but he is 6"11 and rebounds the ball. He would help us this year a lot.

Bradley
Lee
Pierce
KG
Howard

Whew thats a lot of D. Only would do it if he agrees to a bigger contract with us right away though.

I bet that with Howard this team win this year che championship

Howard and Garnett together is too slow on the court for today's lineups.

Howard and Gasol showed that pretty emphatically this year.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2013, 10:24:03 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Honestly? I'd do this deal even if Howard doesn't resign. It makes us legit contenders NOW. I don't care about next year or the year after.

I'll co-sign here. We need to win right now.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
The question is would you trade rondo for dwight if it meant winning the title this year? The answer for me is yes. Dwight tastes winning he resigns I bet.

Would have to be rondo and bass for dwight to make the money work

Bradley
Lee/terry
Pierce/green
Garnett/
Howard

No, Lakers are going to want more than that.
Likely Rondo+Green+protected first for Howard.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2013, 10:25:31 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I'm shocked at how many Laker fans' love the idea of this trade.
Don't see why it's shocking. The Dwight Howard experiment has been an abject failure.

So you believe Dwight has been or is believed to be the problem? See I think the blame should lay squarely on management for bringing in D'Antoni and Nash.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2013, 10:26:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'll co-sign here. We need to win right now.

Same here.  When a team has a shot at a championship, it needs to maximize its chances.

The Lakers aren't dumb enough to do this trade, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lol i'd do that trade with or without an assurance that Dwight would re-sign.  Dwight is a franchise player... top 5... the best big man in the game.  Absolutely a player you can build a contender around.  Rondo is an allstar point guard (top 5 point guard), who is injured for at least a year... and isn't someone you can really build a team around.

I'd roll the dice.  Best case scenario, Dwight gets healthy enough to win us a title this year.  Worst case scenario, he bails on us, KG and Pierce retire and we start the rebuild off in grand style... cap space and lotto dreams.

I see very little reason for the Lakers to do this, though.  They would be insane to trade a top 5 player for a guy who is injured.

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Wouldn't include Green in this deal though. Need him to be a part of re-bulding with Dwight. I would be willing to do.

Rondo
Bass
Top 15 protected pick

For

Dwight

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2013, 10:29:14 PM »

Offline lrybrd

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Rondo and Bass gets it done. 

Anyone think that KG knew about this and his comment "y'all don't know what I know" referred to the fact that his buddy (rondo) was going to get traded?

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Don't see why it's shocking. The Dwight Howard experiment has been an abject failure.

So you believe Dwight has been or is believed to be the problem? See I think the blame should lay squarely on management for bringing in D'Antoni and Nash.
There was no D'Antoni or Nash in Orlando.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Anyone think that KG knew about this and his comment "y'all don't know what I know" referred to the fact that his buddy (rondo) was going to get traded?
::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2013, 10:30:16 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Just to add to the rumor,but...

Remember KG saying its his last All Star game, and that he new some thing we didn't for that to be true...

Well DH would get more votes than KG, and depending on the coach KG may not make it on the bench...

I know its reaching, but...

But I don't know how I would feel about it. Rondo is a knuckle head that gets tossed because he's into the game to much, and Howard is a Knuckle head that just likes to play. I would hope a half year with KG would make him hungry.

Worst case maybe use him in a sign and trade with a team of choice at draft time? Can't remember how this all works with the new rules, but I think we could get more for Howard than Rondo at this point...

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2013, 10:30:26 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

There was no D'Antoni or Nash in Orlando.

This.

As talented as Dwight is, his immaturity has held him and his teams back tremendously.