Author Topic: Rumor: Rondo for Howard...?  (Read 55339 times)

Re: Rumor: Rondo for Howard...?
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Quote from: CelticConcourse

Maybe you should use your brain before saying, "What Rondo has done so far?? Nothing"!

I think you have to use more the brain kid...Do you see what I mention?? I told you Howard has been official 4 times the best defender of NBA. I am talking about achievements. What Rondo achieved? Tell me...

1× NBA Champion: 2008
4× NBA All-Star: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
1× All-NBA Team:
   Third Team: 2012
4× NBA All-Defensive:
   First Team: 2010, 2011
   Second Team: 2009, 2012
NBA All-Rookie selection:
   Second team: 2007
NBA regular season leader:
   2010: most steals (189), most steals per game (2.3)
   2012: most assists per game (11.7), most triple-doubles (6)
NBA postseason leader:
   2008: most assists (172), most steals (45)
   2009: most assists (127), most triple-doubles (3)
   2010: most triple-doubles (2), most steals (46)
   2011: most triple-doubles (1)
   2012: most assists (227), most assists per game (11.9),   most triple-doubles (4)
Boston Celtics franchise records:
   Most assists in a single season: 794 (2009–10)
   Most steals in a single season: 189 (2009–10)
   Most assists in a playoff game: 20 (2010–11)
   Most assists per game (season): 11.7 (2011-12)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajon_Rondo#Awards_and_honors

« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2013, 02:08:54 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
The deal makes sense for both sides.

Rondo hamstrings the teambuild by needing shooters and a primary scorer, with the later being hardest and most expensive.

A Dwight-team surrounded by journeyman shooters went to the Finals.

Our current lineup would be dominant with DH close to up to speed.  Imagine simply KG and DH splitting time during the regular season.  Holy crap.  Then side-by-side in the playoffs?  With PIERCE at SF? 

The best front court in history...better than Bird, McHale, and Chief.

With Bass, Sully, and Green to rely on off the bench.

And the 3-guard rotation we have now.

It puts us right up there in the running this year for sure, if DH can do anything remotely well.

And going forward post-KG, Pierce, JET,

We still look pretty good with DH instead of Rondo.

Swap of the divas.

Gives LA something to look forward to, solves Gasol/Dwight problem, and puts a buffer/ball handler between Kobe and Gasol as well.  Rondo/Kobe/Gasol would be nice for a few years.

« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Im not the biggest Rondo guy but to move him for a player that...

...this player has beenn 4 times best defensive player of NBA...What Rondo has done so far?? Nothing

One would assume this is your first year following the Celts.

Grow up man! I was giving you arguments and you making bla bla bla. If you does not make objections based ON ARGUMENTS, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO MY OPINION, BEACUSE I AM NOT INTERESTED TO WASTE MY TIME WITH PEOPLE WITH CHILDISH BEHIVOR. The forums in general are not for kids, but for people who use the brain before writing...

Too funny. Again, your claim that Rondo's never done "anything" explains most of your posts. He's been on multiple all-defense teams. He' led the league in assists. He's among the career leaders in playoff triple doubles and he's been a dominant player in the postseason. You must have missed all that.

« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

...this player has beenn 4 times best defensive player of NBA...What Rondo has done so far?? Nothing

Grow up man! I was giving you arguments and you making bla bla bla. If you does not make objections based ON ARGUMENTS, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO MY OPINION, BEACUSE I AM NOT INTERESTED TO WASTE MY TIME WITH PEOPLE WITH CHILDISH BEHIVOR. The forums in general are not for kids, but for people who use the brain before writing...

Too funny. Again, your claim that Rondo's never done "anything" explains most of your posts. He's been on multiple all-defense teams. He' led the league in assists. He's among the career leaders in playoff triple doubles and he's been a dominant player in the postseason. You must have missed all that.

I do not who is funny. I am asking you about achivments. You continuing not to give any arguments. Only bla bla bla. The only partial achievement or Rondo is the NBA title of 2008, where Rondo is the less indicated (remember the big merits of KG/PP/Cassell and Ray)

« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2013, 02:31:37 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
I was the biggest Howard/Rondo homers ever the past couple years.

This year I'm very lukewarm on both of them.  That being said, it makes a lot of sense for both teams.  Kobe loves Rondo and having a PG who wants nothing but to get him easy shots would be perfect for him.  Celtics obviously desperately need a big and Howard is as good as they get and would allow KG to slide back to the 4 where he is more comfortable spreading the floor.  I assume Bass would have to be included to help with the money, not sure who else.  Bass would fit well in that system as well and give them depth witch they desperately need.

Lee-Bradley-Pierce-KG-Howard
Terry-Green-Collins

Obviously would want a real PG picked up in FA along with another big, but that starting five's defense would be insane.  Switch Pierce with Green and it's scary how good that defense would be.  Teams would struggle to break 80.

« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2013, 02:32:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

I do not who is funny. I am asking you about achivments. You continuing not to give any arguments. Only bla bla bla. The only partial achievement or Rondo is the NBA title of 2008, where Rondo is the less indicated (remember the big merits of KG/PP/Cassell and Ray)

Cassell didn't do much. Posey, House,  and Powe certainly did though

« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton

Cassell didn't do much. Posey, House,  and Powe certainly did though

You right. All guy mentioning did his great job, but Cassel used more form the experience like a great PG. My idea is that the title of 2008 was not a drastic Rondos achievement. Rondo gave  a modest achievement on 2008

« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2013, 03:02:52 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Your whole "bla bla bla" thing is as childish as anything in the thread. The achievements I listed were similar to the achievements that you listed for Dwight, which had nothing to do with titles. And your claim that Cassell had more to do with the 2008 title than Rondo is absurd.

« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton

Your whole "bla bla bla" thing is as childish as anything in the thread. The achievements I listed were similar to the achievements that you listed for Dwight, which had nothing to do with titles. And your claim that Cassell had more to do with the 2008 title than Rondo is absurd.

I am not used to spend my time fighting for nothing with kids. But...You do not understand what does mean personal achievement (MVP, best scoring player, MVP of Finals, Best offensive player, best defensive player, all star appearances)

« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

I am not used to spend my time fighting for nothing with kids. But...You do not understand what does mean personal achievement (MVP, best scoring player, MVP of Finals, Best offensive player, best defensive player, all star appearances)

You listed personal achievements of Howard, I listed personal achievements of Rondo (although you never said anything about what kind of achievements you are listing). I don't think calling me names somehow makes your arguments more coherent or persuasive.

« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2013, 04:56:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

We all could make a big list of Rondo's accomplishments, but since we are all so "childish" and just "kids" I guess you probably wouldn't even read the list.

Cmon man, everything you just wrote you should be writing it to yourself.  "what has Rondo done?" you mean that isn't childish or trollish?

« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
I have a serious question for you guys.  In this day and age where players are getting coaches and GM's fired...  What other GM and coach in the league defend their player from made up media attacks and trade rumors like Ainge and Doc have done with Rondo?  What other star player says he wants to play in this organization for the rest of his career and genuinely means it?  The list consists of Kobe, Garnett, Pierce, Duncan and Nowitzki.  That's the type of player Rondo is. 

Players like Howard, Williams, Melo, Cousins, Lebron, Jennings etc. are getting their coaches and GM's fired.  Here we have a player who is absolutely beloved by his GM and Coach who show unwavering support no matter what ridiculous things the media makes up to attack Rondo. 

1) Rondo needs to be restrained from coaches and GMs from playing on dislocated elbows and partially torn ACLs.  Howard chooses not to play after being medically cleared from a torn shoulder when his team desperately needs to win. 

2) Rondo has NEVER expressed the desire to play ANYWHERE but BOSTON.  Howard picks a new team every week. 

3) Rondo is a winner.  Howard is a clown. 

4) Rondo has the HIGHEST IQ in the NBA.  Howard relies way too much on his athleticism as this season has clearly demonstrated. 

5) Rondo is generally beloved in the locker room.  Bradley has said Rondo went to the trouble of showing up to his D league games during the season to support him.  Dooling has nothing but the highest praises for him.  Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett have trusted the future of this team in his hands.  Jeff Green pointed to him as the reason for taking less money to come back to Boston.  Courtney Lee has said Rondo was the reason he signed in Boston.  Jason Terry has called him the best point guard in the league and the teams leader on multiple occasions.  Perk's relationship with Rondo needs no elaboration.  His greatest rivals like Lebron and Kobe have openly expressed their admiration for him in glowing terms.  Players like OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay and Josh Smith have publicly stated that they would love to play with Rondo. 

The ONLY people who seem to have a problem with Rondo are the media and gullible fans.  Even Ray Allen has only pointed to the system and being snubbed by Ainge as the reason he left.  He explicitly stated Rondo had nothing to do with his decision.  Why would he throw the coach and the organization under the bus but not Rondo whom he supposedly dislikes?

There are three people who are better than Rondo in the world when it comes to winning a game of basketball (at this point in time). 
1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Chris Paul

Every year the gap between those three and Rondo shrinks.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I have a serious question for you guys.  In this day and age where players are getting coaches and GM's fired...  What other GM and coach in the league defend their player from made up media attacks and trade rumors like Ainge and Doc have done with Rondo?  What other star player says he wants to play in this organization for the rest of his career and genuinely means it?  The list consists of Kobe, Garnett, Pierce, Duncan and Nowitzki.  That's the type of player Rondo is. 

Players like Howard, Williams, Melo, Cousins, Lebron, Jennings etc. are getting their coaches and GM's fired.  Here we have a player who is absolutely beloved by his GM and Coach who show unwavering support no matter what ridiculous things the media makes up to attack Rondo. 

1) Rondo needs to be restrained from coaches and GMs from playing on dislocated elbows and partially torn ACLs.  Howard chooses not to play after being medically cleared from a torn shoulder when his team desperately needs to win. 

2) Rondo has NEVER expressed the desire to play ANYWHERE but BOSTON.  Howard picks a new team every week. 

3) Rondo is a winner.  Howard is a clown. 

4) Rondo has the HIGHEST IQ in the NBA.  Howard relies way too much on his athleticism as this season has clearly demonstrated. 

5) Rondo is generally beloved in the locker room.  Bradley has said Rondo went to the trouble of showing up to his D league games during the season to support him.  Dooling has nothing but the highest praises for him.  Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett have trusted the future of this team in his hands.  Jeff Green pointed to him as the reason for taking less money to come back to Boston.  Courtney Lee has said Rondo was the reason he signed in Boston.  Jason Terry has called him the best point guard in the league and the teams leader on multiple occasions.  Perk's relationship with Rondo needs no elaboration.  His greatest rivals like Lebron and Kobe have openly expressed their admiration for him in glowing terms.  Players like OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay and Josh Smith have publicly stated that they would love to play with Rondo. 

The ONLY people who seem to have a problem with Rondo are the media and gullible fans.  Even Ray Allen has only pointed to the system and being snubbed by Ainge as the reason he left.  He explicitly stated Rondo had nothing to do with his decision.  Why would he throw the coach and the organization under the bus but not Rondo whom he supposedly dislikes?

There are three people who are better than Rondo in the world when it comes to winning a game of basketball (at this point in time). 
1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Chris Paul

Every year the gap between those three and Rondo shrinks.

TP.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
The one thing I'd miss if Rondo were traded is the non-stop romanticizing about an obviously flawed played on this board.

And the pomposity of same.

This site on Rondo is actually worth a pay subscription for the entertainment.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:35:12 PM by CoachBo »
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2013, 05:30:43 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
The one thing I'd miss if Rondo were traded is the non-stop romanticizing about an obviously flawed played on this board.

I'd miss all of the posters that are overly impressed with themselves for being able to identify flaws in Rondo's game and assume that people are less critical are unable to see them.