Author Topic: Jordan says only 4 guys today could play in his era  (Read 4717 times)

Offline lightspeed5

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 283
Jordan says only 4 guys today could play in his era
« on: February 15, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/Michael-Jordan/michael-jordan-not-left-building

LeBron, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki.

he snubbed KG (and a ton of other players) even though KG literally played in that era at a high level. Michael Jordan is a narcissistic, delusional, emotional trainwreck of a human being and always has been. I knew that before his HOF acceptance speech, but that moment should have removed all doubt for the public at large.

Offline PhoSita

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 294
Re: Jordan says only 4 guys today could play in his era
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 05:13:27 PM »
Yeah, personally I don't particularly care what Jordan thinks.  He was a great player, but his resume as a person who makes management decisions for a team show that he's not a reliable assessor of other players.
"You're never as good as you think you are, you're never as bad as you think you are, and you're never far from either."

- Brad Stevens, the Philosopher Coach.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: -29459
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »
It's just a stupid opinion.  At least 3/4 of today's league would fit in fine back in the mid-90s.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012

Offline CelticG1

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 286
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Yeah, personally I don't particularly care what Jordan thinks.  He was a great player, but his resume as a person who makes management decisions for a team show that he's not a reliable assessor of other players.

That is rather comical actually. His assesment of players really doesn't seem too accurate.

The whole comment is kind of pathetic. He seems to be pretty defensive with his comments over the years

As mentioned KG and Grant Hill and Rasheed Wallace and Jason Kidd and others played in that era and did pretty well id say. And if they didn't play exactly in his era they were pretty darn close.

Offline slamdunk

• Avery Bradley
  • Tommy Points: 18
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 05:21:27 PM »
I think he's being generous. LeBron's the only one that could play in that era.

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
    • Sports Paintings
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
He's an idiot. I can't stand Jordan. He's always come off as a defensive little baby when it comes to who could even be in the same room as him.

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 382
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »
He needs to spend a little more time on the fine job he is doing in Charlotte

Online rondohondo

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 731
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 05:24:17 PM »
Total Narcacist , he's in love with himself. Penny looked kind of annoyed too.

Online Atzar

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 05:24:30 PM »

This.  Charlotte is the worst franchise in the NBA right now, thanks in large part to his blunders.  His comments and his actions as GM indicate that he's completely out of touch with the current NBA.
DKC Indiana Pacers
Deron Williams/George Hill/Phil Pressey
Lance Stephenson/[George Hill]/[Tony Snell]
Paul George/Tony Snell
David West/Brandon Bass
Roy Hibbert/Miles Plumlee/Ian Mahinmi

Online rondohondo

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 731
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »
oops double post

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 382
  • Jeff Green
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »
It's just a stupid opinion.  At least 3/4 of today's league would fit in fine back in the mid-90s.

And only 3/4 of the mid-90s would fit in fine in today's league. Times are changing.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline scaryjerry

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 72
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »
just because he was the greatest doesn't mean his opinion is right...

I say get over it, and no kg was never really at a high level in that era...he was a2 guard in a 7  footers body, skinny, afraid to play center teenager at the end of the Jordan era...although I've heard other quotes from his camps where he loves kg

Offline blink

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 101
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 05:39:17 PM »

And only 3/4 of the mid-90s would fit in fine in today's league. Times are changing.

What does 'fit' mean anyway?  Jordan just likes hearing the sound of his own voice, even if what he is saying doesn't make any sense.  If that means those are the only (4) players he 'respects' then it is just idiotic.

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »
Lol why are you guys so mad over his opinion? Not that serious. Also about his bad drafting, that's different. When you draft you're gambling on what you think a player may become. Jordan is talking about players that are already developed and has shown what they can do. He might be bad with evaluating prospects but hes not an idiot. He knows a thing or two about basketball.

Offline jambr380

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 61
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 05:47:52 PM »

This.  Charlotte is the worst franchise in the NBA right now, thanks in large part to his blunders.  His comments and his actions as GM indicate that he's completely out of touch with the current NBA.

Don't forget about Kwame Brown in Washington. That pick set the franchise back for years.

And I agree with Roy - at least 75% of players of today would have been just fine back then...maybe he just means leading their teams to championships. If not, it is a pretty pompous thing to say.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog