Author Topic: Jordan says only 4 guys today could play in his era  (Read 11972 times)

Jordan says only 4 guys today could play in his era
« on: February 15, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/Michael-Jordan/michael-jordan-not-left-building

LeBron, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki.

he snubbed KG (and a ton of other players) even though KG literally played in that era at a high level. Michael Jordan is a narcissistic, delusional, emotional trainwreck of a human being and always has been. I knew that before his HOF acceptance speech, but that moment should have removed all doubt for the public at large.

Re: Jordan says only 4 guys today could play in his era
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 05:13:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, personally I don't particularly care what Jordan thinks.  He was a great player, but his resume as a person who makes management decisions for a team show that he's not a reliable assessor of other players.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's just a stupid opinion.  At least 3/4 of today's league would fit in fine back in the mid-90s.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Yeah, personally I don't particularly care what Jordan thinks.  He was a great player, but his resume as a person who makes management decisions for a team show that he's not a reliable assessor of other players.

That is rather comical actually. His assesment of players really doesn't seem too accurate.

The whole comment is kind of pathetic. He seems to be pretty defensive with his comments over the years

As mentioned KG and Grant Hill and Rasheed Wallace and Jason Kidd and others played in that era and did pretty well id say. And if they didn't play exactly in his era they were pretty darn close.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 05:21:27 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
I think he's being generous. LeBron's the only one that could play in that era.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
He's an idiot. I can't stand Jordan. He's always come off as a defensive little baby when it comes to who could even be in the same room as him.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
He needs to spend a little more time on the fine job he is doing in Charlotte

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 05:24:17 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Total Narcacist , he's in love with himself. Penny looked kind of annoyed too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKlkf83qk3Q

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 05:24:30 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

This.  Charlotte is the worst franchise in the NBA right now, thanks in large part to his blunders.  His comments and his actions as GM indicate that he's completely out of touch with the current NBA.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
oops double post

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
It's just a stupid opinion.  At least 3/4 of today's league would fit in fine back in the mid-90s.

And only 3/4 of the mid-90s would fit in fine in today's league. Times are changing.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
just because he was the greatest doesn't mean his opinion is right...

I say get over it, and no kg was never really at a high level in that era...he was a2 guard in a 7  footers body, skinny, afraid to play center teenager at the end of the Jordan era...although I've heard other quotes from his camps where he loves kg

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 05:39:17 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

And only 3/4 of the mid-90s would fit in fine in today's league. Times are changing.

What does 'fit' mean anyway?  Jordan just likes hearing the sound of his own voice, even if what he is saying doesn't make any sense.  If that means those are the only (4) players he 'respects' then it is just idiotic.

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Lol why are you guys so mad over his opinion? Not that serious. Also about his bad drafting, that's different. When you draft you're gambling on what you think a player may become. Jordan is talking about players that are already developed and has shown what they can do. He might be bad with evaluating prospects but hes not an idiot. He knows a thing or two about basketball.

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 05:47:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

This.  Charlotte is the worst franchise in the NBA right now, thanks in large part to his blunders.  His comments and his actions as GM indicate that he's completely out of touch with the current NBA.

Don't forget about Kwame Brown in Washington. That pick set the franchise back for years.

And I agree with Roy - at least 75% of players of today would have been just fine back then...maybe he just means leading their teams to championships. If not, it is a pretty pompous thing to say.