Poll

Tired of the Jordan hype?

Yes
No
He's no Russell

Author Topic: Tired of the Jordan hype?  (Read 2648 times)

Re: Tired of the Jordan hype?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 06:03:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Tired of the Jordan hype?

Tired of pointless polls that don't know how to use radio buttons :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 06:03:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Nobody cares if LeBron is as good or better than Jordan. Like he said, he's LJ, not MJ.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 06:06:52 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I am.

No doubt an amazing player and yes probably the best to play.  But some act as if there has never been any other dominant players.  And Jordan fans love to talk rings, what about Russell?

And yes, as others have said, players will have to be compared to Jordan for the rest of time (like LeBron) and people will say things like "he couldn't do it alone like Jordan did" when Jordan played with great players... it's just so fabricated and not based in fact anymore. 

That's what bothers me most.  The same thing goes on with Kobe (as if he wasn't playing with a legend, Shaq, to win most of his titles and was the team's second best player).
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 06:15:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Gimme me Larry in his prime anyday.

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 06:31:57 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Of the 7 people thus far who voted that he is no Bill Russell and seem absolutely 100% certain that he isn't as good as Russell, I wonder how many of them ever saw Bill Russell play a single game.  My guess is 0.

Lol my thoughts exactly.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 06:33:43 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Of the 7 people thus far who voted that he is no Bill Russell and seem absolutely 100% certain that he isn't as good as Russell, I wonder how many of them ever saw Bill Russell play a single game.  My guess is 0.

Lol my thoughts exactly.

Is that really relevant? Nobody's ever seen that Jesus guy (100% sure), but a couple billion people believe in him. Ya know?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 06:38:18 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Lol my thoughts exactly.

Is that really relevant? Nobody's ever seen that Jesus guy (100% sure), but a couple billion people believe in him. Ya know?

And a couple of billion people are morons lol.

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

Lol my thoughts exactly.

A lot of people nowadays have never seen Jordan play a single game either, what's your point? WIll he be less good another 20 years from now when all the younger people will say Lebron was the greatest ever?

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 06:47:59 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Lol my thoughts exactly.

A lot of people nowadays have never seen Jordan play a single game either, what's your point? WIll he be less good another 20 years from now when all the younger people will say Lebron was the greatest ever?

The point was pretty clear.