Author Topic: Lebron's streak ends....  (Read 2235 times)

Lebron's streak ends....
« on: February 15, 2013, 06:34:07 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
as the shot clock is expiring on a long 3 pointer and the Heat up 10 with a minute left.  The miss took him down to 14 for 24 or 58%.  14 of 23 would have been just under 61%.  Lebron clearly didn't care about such things or he wouldn't have been in the game nor have taken that shot.  I think you have to respect that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Lebron's streak ends....
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 07:32:15 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
My, I sure wish Rondo didn't care about his stats

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:43:59 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
as the shot clock is expiring on a long 3 pointer and the Heat up 10 with a minute left.  The miss took him down to 14 for 24 or 58%.  14 of 23 would have been just under 61%.  Lebron clearly didn't care about such things or he wouldn't have been in the game nor have taken that shot.  I think you have to respect that.

I doubt LeBron has the math skills to figure out his exact fg% in his head while the game's going on. If you think that's the kind of thing he's concentrating on I guess we should be glad he's not as focused on the game as he is on his stats.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 08:06:41 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I think we can safely say LeBron has just been focused on his game, because it has been dominant.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 08:18:40 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Maybe he knew and he just wanted the streak to be over. Ha.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 08:21:50 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

I doubt LeBron has the math skills to figure out his exact fg% in his head while the game's going on. If you think that's the kind of thing he's concentrating on I guess we should be glad he's not as focused on the game as he is on his stats.
Yeah, but I'm sure he knew he had to be close to it.  I mean it isn't like he was 14 of 15 at that point.  He knew he had missed a bunch and had to figure he was near it when he launched a three at the shot clock buzzer.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 08:26:34 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
there's something messed up about a stat that "ends" when a guy scores 39 points and beats one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the league by 10 points
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 08:38:50 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Yeah, but I'm sure he knew he had to be close to it.  I mean it isn't like he was 14 of 15 at that point.  He knew he had missed a bunch and had to figure he was near it when he launched a three at the shot clock buzzer.

Meaning it's just as likely that he thought he needed to hit that shot to keep his streak going and he was streak chasing/stat padding.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 08:53:31 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Very impressive streak. 

Lebron's eFG% is up to .604.  That's ridiculous for a volume scoring wing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Meaning it's just as likely that he thought he needed to hit that shot to keep his streak going and he was streak chasing/stat padding.
Unlikely.  The shot clock was at like 1 and it was a terrible shot.

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Unlikely.  The shot clock was at like 1 and it was a terrible shot.

He also pulled up on a three from around 4 feet behind the three point line in the third quarter.  He isn't tailoring his game to shoot a high percentage, he's just playing good basketball.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Very impressive streak. 

Lebron's eFG% is up to .604.  That's ridiculous for a volume scoring wing.

Let's hope he very steeply regresses to the mean in the playoffs.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?