Author Topic: Who wins this OKC & LAL trade? Hypothetical idea  (Read 2562 times)

Who wins this OKC & LAL trade? Hypothetical idea
« on: February 14, 2013, 11:01:53 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
LA Trades: Dwight Howard & Steve Nash

OKC Trades: Russell Westbrook, Kendrick Perkins & Perry Jones 3

LA lineup:

PG: Westbrook
SG: Kobe
SF: Artest/Clark
PF: Gasol/PJ-3
C : Perkins/Gasol

OKC lineup:

PG: Nash
SG: Martin
SF: Durant
PF: Ibaka
C : Howard

LA loses their malcontent in Howard & acquires hometown kid in the electric enigmatic Westbrook who can become a wonderful get back for a person you may lose for nothing. Also LA gets a banger back with Perkins & a future high profile prospect in PJ-3.

OKC gets a True facilitating pass 1st PG in Nash who is also great shot as your #3 option. The centerpiece to this deal of course would be Howard! Who along with Ibaka would form the best interior shot blocking unit since Mourning & Mutumbo was at Georgetown. Durant could then go into his inner "teen wolf" mode & take all the shots he want Jordan esque & not have to worry about Westbrook stealing the big shots & his moments throughout the game due to the ballhog being gone.

Re: Who wins this OKC & LAL trade?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 11:03:15 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Lakers lose that trade badly.

Kobe and Westbrook on one team?  Talk about being last in the league in assists.

Re: Who wins this OKC & LAL trade? Hypothetical idea
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 11:07:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I wouldn't trade Westbrook for Dwight Howard at this point in time.

Not until Dwight shows he can play at a higher level post-back-surgery.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:09:36 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
It's a interesting dilemma for both sides! I think personally OKC becomes a better team.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 11:16:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Both sides lose, OKC should never trade when it's a contender. Contender + Trade= No Championship
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 11:20:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
My take:
Lakers win that trade--Nash and Howard are borderline useless, and the notion that Westbrook is a ballhog (with the implication being he should do nothing but feed the ball to Durant on most plays) is at best misguided, and at worst painfully incorrect.

If you take Westbrook off that Thunder team, who else is going to score and initiate the offense? Steve "I actually fell apart in 2008 but the PHX medical staff kept me all duct taped together" Nash? Dwight "never going to be the same" Howard?

For better or worse, Westbrook has actually been a better basketball player than Nash over his first four seasons--and when you factor in the fact that Westbrook has a much higher ceiling and is significantly less injury prone... it's no contest. LA does that in a heartbeat, even if it means having to deal with Perkins.

And here are the Nash/Westbrook numbers, for the doubters:
http://bkref.com/tiny/6SFV5
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 11:22:59 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Both sides lose, OKC should never trade when it's a contender. Contender + Trade= No Championship

See the team that OKC traded with in February 2011 ???

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 11:34:58 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I wouldn't trade Westbrook for Dwight Howard at this point in time.

Not until Dwight shows he can play at a higher level post-back-surgery.

They'd be sacrificing their chances this year, but be situated to become a potential dynasty starting next season.

Durant gets more touches (which when he reaches his true prime, you want him shooting 25 times a game), and Ibaka+Howard on D would be really hard to beat.

Even if Howard doesn't get quite all the way back to what he was a few seasons ago, if he can get anywhere close to that...
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

They've been fine after trading harden..

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 01:10:25 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
OKC wins that trade as long as they can retain Howard.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 01:19:39 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I like this trade for both sides. I think maybe the Lakers lose a little because Perkins is overpaid but they probably make all of that loss up getting PJIII as a prospect. The biggest unknown is if Howard will resign in LA. They can give him the extra year and $30M in salary so trading the best center in a league starving for centers is only smart if you can't retain them.

OKC gets better immediately. I can't stand watching that team right now where Westbrook just completely ignores Durant as he's "running" the offense. It's criminal.

My take:
...the notion that Westbrook is a ballhog (with the implication being he should do nothing but feed the ball to Durant on most plays) is at best misguided, and at worst painfully incorrect.

It's not misguided. If anything it's apparent and tragic. Westbrook has no idea how to run an offense. He's so gifted athletically his numerous mental mistakes are usually glossed over. Furthermore he's probably OKC's largest liability on defense so subbing in Nash wouldn't be so much different for them systemically. OKC with a true point guard would be scary good.

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 02:12:12 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Nobody.  We all lose.  The world is a worse place because you suggested it.

;D
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 02:56:29 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
bradley/d-west
terry/lee/pargo
pierce/green
randolph/wilcox
kg/mozgov/collins

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 03:06:57 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
lakers clearly. OKC will never win championship with Westbrook, never. I can't say that i care about that, but as a fan, you can't digest all that bs, he's acting like child on a playground. Presti made a mistake, he should have trade westbrook for a solid play maker and leave the beard.they would be champions by now...