Author Topic: Ray Allen was unhappy about Doc  (Read 9992 times)

Ray Allen was unhappy about Doc
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:45:26 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
What a diva

Well according to the Daily News, one of Allen’s gripes about his time in Boston was that he was fourth in Coach Doc Rivers’ pecking order, behind Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo. The Celtics were not happy that Allen defected to the rival Heat last summer as a free agent, while by the end of his time in Boston, Allen told close allies that he felt he ran fourth on Doc Rivers’ list of favorites, after Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo.”

Re: Ray Allen was unhappy about Doc
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Allen really comes off very un-classy with comments such as these.

Doc is going to do whats best for the team, and not any individual player...maybe its because Allen's game has declined the most between those 3, and Rondo's became better.

I mean..Pierce/KG are still all-star calibar players in this league and can carry a team

Allen is a 3-point gunner off the heats bench...

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

He should have said 5th (Avery).

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well according to the Daily News, one of Allen’s gripes about his time in Boston was that he was fourth in Coach Doc Rivers’ pecking order, behind Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo. The Celtics were not happy that Allen defected to the rival Heat last summer as a free agent, while by the end of his time in Boston, Allen told close allies that he felt he ran fourth on Doc Rivers’ list of favorites, after Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo.”
Being the fourth gun in Miami is just so much better.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Not a surprise. Ray had issues with Glen Robinson and George Karl in Milwaukee.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 08:20:38 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
He also had issues with Lucky the Leprechaun. judas wanted to have more on-court and TV exposure than Lucky.

Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 08:24:35 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't consider the Daily News as particularly authoritative, but a quote is a quote.

Ray Allen is a diva-jerk. I continue to be so disappointed in him because I really though he was a classy guy but boy was I WRONG.

I am NOT appreciative of what he did while here. He though of himself as a hired gun not a team player.

If he went somewhere for more money I would be okay with that.

If he went somewhere to be closer to his family I would be okay with that.

If he went somewhere to be closer to a doctor for his kid, I would be okay with that.

It disgusts me to see Flo in a Heat jersey.

Even with all of that., I might be okay with what he did if he would just keep his trap shut, or at least speak of his former teammates and management in respectful terms.

Ray, you are likely going to win another championship.  Good for you, diva-jerk.

But no, he has shown none of the qualities that would get me on his side of what happened.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 08:31:07 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
He's still fourth, maybe fifth.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Being the fourth gun in Miami is just so much better.

Battier and Chalmers might have something to say about being fourth. I get that Allen has value as a great three point shooter to space the floor, but Battier provides excellent defense and Chalmers is shooting about the same percentage from three and is certainly more of a playmaker.

No matter what, I think it was pretty crappy how the whole thing went down and I am very disappointed that Allen chose to chase a ring in Miami rather have his number retired in the rafters.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
but he thinks its justified now. Before, he didnt think it was justified for doc to put rondo over him. He thought he was better than rondo.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 08:45:08 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
but he thinks its justified now. Before, he didnt think it was justified for doc to put rondo over him. He thought he was better than rondo.

Well, he's still worse or at the same level as Mario Chalmers and Shane Battier and Mike Miller >_<
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 08:45:40 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
Are we still talking about this dude?

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 08:47:44 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
wow, my last bit of respect for Ray Allen...gone

can he just let it go PLEASE!

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 08:48:58 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Why does he still yap about the Cs?

Is it just that he still sees the Cs as a tight knit brotherhood where he is now just an outsider trying to still be relevant to the Cs?

Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 08:49:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Why does he still yap about the Cs?

Is it just that he still sees the Cs as a tight knit brotherhood where he is now just an outsider trying to still be relevant to the Cs?

To be unbiased, you'll have to blame the reporters...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]