Author Topic: Is Josh Smith playing his cards perfectly ???  (Read 1136 times)

Is Josh Smith playing his cards perfectly ???
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:54:47 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
I know there is about 1,000 Josh Smith posts out there, but mostly centered around his Max contract.

Here is what I think ( and hope ).  Josh Smith is purposly de-valueing himself.  Everyone knows he wants to be a Celtic, from the Rondo friend thing, to loving the Boston Fans, and pretty much coming out saying it.  I think he has already put ATL in a position to almost have to trade him or get nothing in FA for him. Now it is time to make teams that may be interested to go away.  Here is where the Max contract comes in, not many teams are going to want a 1/2 season rental with him for there key pieces that they have now.  That will deff. scare off a lot of teams.

I think Smith Knows that if he becomes a Celtics they can not give him a Max deal, but also knows that if the C's had to get rid of Pierce and KG in order to get, kills his possible chance of winning this year.

At the end of the day after he has scared off enough teams could a trade of Bass and Lee ( maybe a 1st round pick ) get it done.

A starting lineup of :
Bradley
Pierce
Green
Smith
KG

Maybe I am looking at this all wrong, but is that really that bad of a deal for ATL, if there back is against the wall.

They will still be a good team