Author Topic: Miami Heat Clear Cut Path For Yet Another Finals Appearance  (Read 6730 times)

Re: Miami Heat Clear Cut Path For Yet Another Finals Appearance
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 03:10:47 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Unfortunately, kinda makes you to forget about this and concentrate on the next seasonone...

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 04:06:08 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
why don't we just roll over and die then.

I say we kick the collective as$ of the cHeat and win this season.

Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 04:11:58 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
why don't we just roll over and die then.

I say we kick the collective as$ of the cHeat and win this season.

Lol, if only it were that simple.

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 06:25:46 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
This is my opinion feel free to disagree. *I'm sure you will* Miami is just flat out better than everybody in the eastern conference. They're the only team in the east that I would be shocked by if they lost. Anybody else i could easily see losing.

I think if miami gets beaten It will be by someone in the western conference. As a celtics fan this makes me so sick but I live in the real world. Miami will rule the east for years to come and I think we better get used to it.

Not sure I see the point in this thread. The Heat are good, not invincible. Even if you think the Heat will win this year I don't see the value in declaring their future dominance against teams with yet to be determined rosters.

Somewhat related, but I kind of felt like if we'd been able to get by the Heat last year they'd have probably lost patience and made some major changes. We might have knocked them off of their "future perch".

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 07:59:38 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Pacers can beat the heat in a 7 game series. They have too much size on the Heat

Re: Miami Heat Clear Cut Favorites For Yet Another Finals Appearance
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 08:17:46 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This isn't anything new. ;)

Yeah we've known this since last year. Just because they are the best doesnt mean they cant be beat however.

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 08:24:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
And, oddly enough - the same three players that we believed would've made a difference last May-June are Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, and to some extent Chris Wilcox.

AB and Jeff Green are playing rather well right now, and Wilcox has been solid, too.

Even without Rondo, I still LOVE our opportunity.

Since Rondo went down, we've beaten the Lakers (probable playoff team, maybe more), Clips (playoff team even without CP3), TOR (IN TOR, and improved), CHI (A probable 2nd round team even without Rose), DEN (probable 2nd round team in the West), and MIA.....

Yep...I absolutely LOVE our chances, here. I was sad to see Barbosa go down, but even with THAT here is (IMO) our probable playoff rotation:

C - KG/Wilcox/Collins/Free Agent Big
PF - Bass/Wilcox/Green
SF - Pierce/Green
SG - Lee/Jet
PG - AB-Jet

I believe MIA does NOT have a clear path...if anything, I'm betting that they hope they don't meet us until the ECFs...for me, I'd rather get them EARLY...

Imagine that...an 8th seed beating a 1 seed....it has happened before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XGt25SRmdg

Anything's possible, right?

DEN had a tough, defensive-minded Center back then....we have that, too.

Respect your opinion but beating teams in the regular season means absolutely nothing when it comes to beating them 4 times in a playoff series. Look at some of the teams miami lost to this year. wizards, detriot, bucks, utah. Do you think any of these teams beat the heat 4 times in a 7 game series tho?

You can't just say oh, we beat that team once or twice in the regular season so that means we have a shot at them in the playoffs! That's a very casual way to look at it and its not even close to being true. Plus beating the lakers was not impressive, not the way they're playing right now. Beating the clips without cp3, not impressive. Most impressive win was probably denver.

*Edit* Now I'm not saying that's what you meant when you named off the teams we beat I was just saying it means nothing. Every team in the league beats teams they should or shouldn't beat all the time during the regular season.

It's all about matchups.

We have Bradley and Lee for Wade, Pierce/Green for LeBron, and KG for Bosh. I actually still liked our chances without Rondo, but now without LB also, I'd have to see how Ainge fills out our roster.

Even as currently constructed, I'd go out on a limb and say Miami would least want to play the Boston Celtics of any Eastern Conference team.
It is and Miami wins at least the first 2 of those match-ups and could easily win the Bosh/KG match-up.

Miami is a far superior team to Boston.  I would be surprised if the series went past 5 games if Lebron is healthy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 08:58:14 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Maybe Lebron James, Udonis Haslem, and Ray Allen will tear their ACLs.
The beatings will continue until morale improves