Author Topic: Looks like Green is starting to pan out  (Read 927 times)

Looks like Green is starting to pan out
« on: February 14, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
No, we won't know for sure what happens until the playoffs. But he played well in the Miami game, and if he was to be nervous, I think that's a game he would revert to his prior tendencies.

But he's been playing pretty well, especially during the previous 7 game winning streak, and in the absence of Rondo.

We need a guy with his length and energy to play night in and night out, so if he keeps it up, he could end up being a good role player (or potentially starter) and an important part of the team going forward

Re: Looks like Green is starting to pan out
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yes Sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVyZpvwSyxs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3l7SV3CVVo

I'd say he is most certainly starting to pan out.

Big Game James, err....Jeff!!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
His defense against Lebron was impressive.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I have always generally been a fan of Green and have been interested to see how he plays healthy, but I think many people are going to be skeptical until he does it over a full reason. He has his ups and downs, but he has remained pretty consistent per 36 over his career.

Can he take it to the next level? I sure hope so! It would be great to see his once-thought bloated contract turn into a bargain [kinda like Asik].

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 07:44:48 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
If anything is certain, it's that he's got the best guys behind him (as far as development is concerned) with Pierce, KG, Terry, and Dooling (if he's still around). His defense has been excellent in addition to his solid scoring and CLUTCH shots - can't believe it was JG that dug us out of a hole at the end of the first overtime against Denver

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 07:47:51 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
he's had some big games recently...and the thing is he's doing it on about 8shots a game which is pretty impressive.

what I like the most is that even in games like last night where he struggles with his shot(was 1-7 I believe) he finds a way to still be a factor through his: Defense and playmaking...he has made some nice blocks

earlier in the season if he wasnt scoring he was useless...that has changed...hopefully that means he will only get better throughout the contract.

honestly I could see green as a #3 type scorer on a team...but that still means Ainge would have find a #1 or #2 scorer for Rondo in the post garnett/pierce era