Author Topic: Danny Ainge: We're looking to bring someone in immediately  (Read 9760 times)

Re: Danny Ainge: We're looking to bring someone in immediately
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 07:50:02 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Ugh, don't tell me we're gonna put our trust in D league players that doc won't play anyways. I was hoping for Kmart or somebody at least proven.

it's not like Doc plays more than 9 player rotations in playoff games.
i'm still not sure why people are panicking AND suggesting trades.
it's obvious DA doesn't want a huge trade.

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2013, 07:56:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Where is Terrence Williams, is he playing somewhere? Would like to se him with the Celtics.

i think he is playing for the world-beater Guangdong Southern Tigers of China! lots and lots of talent. lots and lots of mental problems. houston brought him in for 10 days, did not work out.

but for that talent? 10 days? why not?

maybe other guards from the D league to consider are...

donald sloan - 22 pts/game, 6.5 rbs, 7.4 assists. and he is 6'3". out of Texax A&M

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/donald_sloan/

courtney fortson - 18 pts/game, 5.3 rbs, 6.4 assists...but is 5'11". supposedly he is a bundle of hyperactivity with and endless motor. he went to school at arkansas.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/courtney_fortson/

yeah....not a whole bunch to choose from at this stage.

I would love to get Donald Sloan considered the #1 prospect from the nbdl, plus can handle point. But i think a chinese team recently stole him away from NA.

Forston = no thanks. He is shooting 400 in general.

Shelvin Mack lost his chance to be brought up after turning over the ball 6 times last night and playing subpar defense.

D league is pretty empty in terms of getting guards who can handle the ball , play d, score efficiently

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 08:01:11 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
ok cool
we are not looking to get rid of current playas
just replacing barbosa..im cool with that..

reading the thread title i was worried

Yeah misleading thread title... Just quoting what he said on the telecast last night.

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Ugh, don't tell me we're gonna put our trust in D league players that doc won't play anyways. I was hoping for Kmart or somebody at least proven.
Kmart is done as seen last season with the clips punctuated by them signing ryan hollins over kmart.

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 09:08:50 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
What about Jordan Farmar???

Some people here have mentioned Semih Erden, which I think sounds pretty reasonable, but why stop there - Semih's team seems to have a few interesting options other than him to consider as well, including Farmar and Sasha Vujacic.

I haven't heard 1 drop of news around Farmar, who actually played very well last year as D-Williams was suffering thru a lot of injuries. 

I think Farmar would be a terrific fit in Green.  Anyone heard anything about him/his intentions for the rest of the year?

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 09:43:12 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Probably a D League player.  ::)

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Game notes

The Celtics were 4 for 18 from the floor in the second quarter, making 33 percent of their shots in the first half. They were 4 for 21 in the third. ... The Celtics' eight points in the third quarter were the team's fewest in a period this season, two less than they managed in the fourth quarter of a 106-77 loss at the Los Angeles Clippers on Dec. 27. ... Former Celtic Antoine Walker was in the crowd. ... The Bulls had a season-high 22 turnovers.

Did anybody else see this in the ESPN game notes?  Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?  8)
yeah, how's Antoine able to afford a ticket to a game?

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 10:06:16 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Last year I posted about watching Farmer shooting 3's during warmups at the game in Charlotte vs. the Nets.  He would shoot about 5 from about 5 different spots over and over and over again.  I swear he hit about 80-90% of them!!!  It was amazing.  His work ethic was amazing. 

He shot 44% from long range and 90.5% from the line last year. 

My observation was that he is definitely NOT a pure PG by any means, but more of an offensive spark off the bench who really doesn't make many mistakes.

Where is he playing now?  Does anyone know??

Go and get him Danny.  He has proven he can play at this level very efficiently and he appears to have a tremendous work ethic based on my personal observation.

Smitty77

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 10:10:32 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Last year I posted about watching Farmer shooting 3's during warmups at the game in Charlotte vs. the Nets.  He would shoot about 5 from about 5 different spots over and over and over again.  I swear he hit about 80-90% of them!!!  It was amazing.  His work ethic was amazing. 

He shot 44% from long range and 90.5% from the line last year. 

My observation was that he is definitely NOT a pure PG by any means, but more of an offensive spark off the bench who really doesn't make many mistakes.

Where is he playing now?  Does anyone know??

Go and get him Danny.  He has proven he can play at this level very efficiently and he appears to have a tremendous work ethic based on my personal observation.

Smitty77

He plays  point guard for Anadolu Efes of the Turkish Basketball League, i guess he is averaging 14pts. http://www.tblstat.net/td.asp?t=1

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
HumbleG,

Nice find!!  Thanks much!!  Does anyone know if he has an opt out to come back to the NBA??  Maybe we could bring both he and Semih in:-))

Smitty77

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 11:07:35 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
HumbleG,

Nice find!!  Thanks much!!  Does anyone know if he has an opt out to come back to the NBA??  Maybe we could bring both he and Semih in:-))

Smitty77

thats what i was thinking also, Farmar and Semih have chemistry together and Semih was a decent Celtic before......i am loving this idea!

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 11:30:36 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
HumbleG,

Smitty77

thats what i was thinking also, Farmar and Semih have chemistry together and Semih was a decent Celtic before......i am loving this idea!
hope danny reads this

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Farmar would be a great addition even if he was a laker. I remeber reading that he used to with Pierce and Garnett @ UCLA during the off season.

Always liked Shelvin Mack also. He has decent size and would be a serviceable backup when Rondo returns. Just wonder why he has had a hard time getting any decent run in the NBA.

Aside from Farmar, Dooling, Mack, would like to see them try to get Etwan Moore back. There is also the Christmas kid that everyone was rooting for after summer league. Lots of options at this level; problem is finding someone who is coachable and has good basics. If you watch Green and Sulinger they have really solid fundamentals.

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 12:47:02 PM »

Offline kgfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Where is Terrence Williams, is he playing somewhere? Would like to se him with the Celtics.

Second that motion. He can fill up the stat line.

He was in China up until a few days ago, he left due to a death in the family.