Author Topic: Danny Ainge: We're looking to bring someone in immediately  (Read 9764 times)

Re: Danny Ainge: We're looking to bring someone in immediately
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 01:06:03 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
semih's killing it in the euroleague

. . . and Euroleague is where he belongs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 01:06:51 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
The trouble is that the Celtics only have two open roster spots, which seems weird considering they only really have NINE rotation players at the moment.  I think Barbosa will need to be waived, unless he gets sent out in some minor trade for salary matching purposes.

I haven't calculated it myself though it looks good from the eyeball test, but the Celtics are said to have room for only two minimum contracts under the hard cap (because they used the full MLE on Terry), so to add a third player, they would almost certainly have to send Barbosa in a salary dump to another team (presumably with cash for a heavily protected second-round pick) to clear cap space to add a third player via free agency.

Perfect.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 01:50:50 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Johnny Flynn has been playing here in australia putting up 17.6, 6.1 and 4......... Our basketball isnt great folks

This.

The NBL is about the equivalent of the D-League...

Not interested in Jonny Flynn.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 01:52:36 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Game notes

The Celtics were 4 for 18 from the floor in the second quarter, making 33 percent of their shots in the first half. They were 4 for 21 in the third. ... The Celtics' eight points in the third quarter were the team's fewest in a period this season, two less than they managed in the fourth quarter of a 106-77 loss at the Los Angeles Clippers on Dec. 27. ... Former Celtic Antoine Walker was in the crowd. ... The Bulls had a season-high 22 turnovers.

Did anybody else see this in the ESPN game notes?  Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?  8)

Antoine Walker is a good Celtics fan?
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 04:16:14 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
the vets were lobbying for kenyon martin a few months ago

why have we not signed him?

Coz he's an overrated, injury prone bum?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 04:29:14 AM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
Nenad Krstic?

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 04:38:52 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I want Semih Erden or Krstic back.

They at least already played within the system.

Dionte Christmas killed it in the D-League, I would also give him a shot. He's another guard who can get to the rim.

And I'll lobby for Terrence Williams once again. The dude has very underrated passing skills, solid defender and athletic.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 05:04:32 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Nenad Krstic?

How great would that be?  Unfortunately, we'd only be able to offer him the minimum and it seems pretty unlikely he'd return to the NBa for that kind of money.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 05:40:25 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Where is Terrence Williams, is he playing somewhere? Would like to se him with the Celtics.

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 06:43:44 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I think Krstic still has one more year on his contract in Europe (Russia?). If Danny can somehow get him back, I would love it.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 07:08:17 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Johnny Flynn has been playing here in australia putting up 17.6, 6.1 and 4......... Our basketball isnt great folks

This.

The NBL is about the equivalent of the D-League...

Not interested in Jonny Flynn.

and just to add another wet blanket to the party, here is a quote from an article about a year ago. doubtful that flynn has changed enough to resolve these issues....oh, and his defense is terrible too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1057389-nba-trade-rumors-jonny-flynn-wont-help-a-contender

Hollinger wrote...."The biggest problem is his poor decision-making on the move, which resulted in an astronomical turnover rate for a shoot-first point guard. Flynn's other problem is nearly as serious, however—he's a scoring guard who can't score. Flynn can create shots, but he's neither a good outside shooter nor adept at drawing fouls, and his size is a problem when he goes into the paint to finish. Even if his percentages improve, his shockingly low free-throw rate will have to improve dramatically if he's going to offer much in the way of an offensive boost."

his shooting stats are not good, especially 3 pt%, but his free throw % is at .809.

and for what it is worth, down under he is averaging 15.8 pts/game. he shooting percentages are still mediocre at best. he averages 6.3 assists and 4.3 turn overs a game.

he doesnt seem to have improved.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 07:09:07 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The trouble is that the Celtics only have two open roster spots, which seems weird considering they only really have NINE rotation players at the moment.  I think Barbosa will need to be waived, unless he gets sent out in some minor trade for salary matching purposes.

I haven't calculated it myself though it looks good from the eyeball test, but the Celtics are said to have room for only two minimum contracts under the hard cap (because they used the full MLE on Terry), so to add a third player, they would almost certainly have to send Barbosa in a salary dump to another team (presumably with cash for a heavily protected second-round pick) to clear cap space to add a third player via free agency.

Perfect.

During the telecast Ainge said we have room for 3 veteran minimum signings.

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 07:14:33 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Where is Terrence Williams, is he playing somewhere? Would like to se him with the Celtics.

i think he is playing for the world-beater Guangdong Southern Tigers of China! lots and lots of talent. lots and lots of mental problems. houston brought him in for 10 days, did not work out.

but for that talent? 10 days? why not?

maybe other guards from the D league to consider are...

donald sloan - 22 pts/game, 6.5 rbs, 7.4 assists. and he is 6'3". out of Texax A&M

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/donald_sloan/

courtney fortson - 18 pts/game, 5.3 rbs, 6.4 assists...but is 5'11". supposedly he is a bundle of hyperactivity with and endless motor. he went to school at arkansas.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/courtney_fortson/

yeah....not a whole bunch to choose from at this stage.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:33:44 AM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 07:39:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd roll with Mack and try to sign Krstic.  Erden was mediocre here folks.   There is a reason he isn't in the league and it was not all money.

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 07:45:20 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'd roll with Mack and try to sign Krstic.  Erden was mediocre here folks.   There is a reason he isn't in the league and it was not all money.

Mac seems to play well in the D league.  I like Wright, and Joseph too.

I differ in opinion that I thought Erden did a good job fighting for the ball in the paint with one arm.
Did not care for Krstic,  never played defense , scard to play ruff. Too soft.