Author Topic: Paul Pierce has been playing with a pinched nerve?  (Read 3090 times)

Re: Paul Pierce has been playing with a pinched nerve?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 08:06:18 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I bet a lot of NBA players play through injuries that the media never finds out about. Hearing that Pierce was playing through a difficult injury makes complete sense.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 08:44:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I bet a lot of NBA players play through injuries that the media never finds out about. Hearing that Pierce was playing through a difficult injury makes complete sense.
+1

This is exactly it, we never hear about most minor injuries that would put us on our couches for a week.

Hopefully some rest will help with the pinched nerve, they're super painful and there is no sure way to treat them.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 08:56:16 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I do seem to recall there was a game a few weeks ago where Pierce got hit in the shoulder and looked like he got a "stinger".  Just can not remember what game it was.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 09:30:01 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I do seem to recall there was a game a few weeks ago where Pierce got hit in the shoulder and looked like he got a "stinger".  Just can not remember what game it was.

I remember that as well

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 09:42:41 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
http://twitter.com/#!/brohrbach/status/301896295050780672

"Paul Pierce said he's been playing with a pinched nerve in his neck for two months now. Good times."

Awesome. Keeps getting better.

Half full or empty?

Half empty - More injuries to key players. Great...

Half full - No wonder he was playing crappy. Maybe by playoffs he will be feeling better and  the Pierce of  old.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 10:13:30 AM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
I definitely have seen him rotating his shoulder as if in pain after a lot of fouls and drives. I thought maybe he has some kind of strain or sprain in his shoulder.

I'm plenty happy now that he wasn't picked for ASG.

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 10:32:48 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm actually liking that he's not making any excuses, A pinched nerve sucks.

Keep up the good work Captain!

Yeah Danny said during the second quarter PP had and injury that no one really knew about and that JET had a bad knee... he said a lot of guys had injuries that are finally getting better and that the losing (and now winning) had nothing to do with RR, it was our injuries!

lol riiiiiiiiight, danny would say that.

Don't blame Danny, it's not his fault that people were so focused on finding signs Rondo was killing the team that they were unable to notice that PP had a long stretch of games where he had trouble getting his shot to go over the front rim.

I wasn't blaming danny, and I was one of the biggest pierce "bashers" on this site when pierce was bricking everything. I agree tho most people were giving pierce a pass even tho he was clearly hurting the team.