Author Topic: Kevin Garnett: "This will be my last All-Star Game, you don't know what I know"  (Read 12804 times)

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
The thought of no KG is saddening  :'(
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

Offline steefp2

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Maybe he's just thinking he won't be selected next year ? No ?

I say let's just enjoy him while he's here, can't keep him playing forever. I'm pretty sure the man must be dying sometimes on the court, given his age and the way he plays. Just enjoy the ride and be grateful for the memories, all we can do.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Maybe he declines the invitation, but i guess per nba rules, you can't do that or will get a fine. Can't see KG doing that

So yeah i think he will retire. OR he will retire and after the all star weekend, comeback mid season , for one last chance at glory. I'm sure while retired he will be dying at home, screaming at the tv, with family members begging him to go back and play ball

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Maybe he declines the invitation, but i guess per nba rules, you can't do that or will get a fine. Can't see KG doing that

So yeah i think he will retire. OR he will retire and after the all star weekend, comeback mid season , for one last chance at glory. I'm sure while retired he will be dying at home, screaming at the tv, with family members begging him to go back and play ball

I would guess he would decline and take the week off to be with his family and really get the rest he would need. I dont see him retiring completely after the season ends. But hey, Im no psychic.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
If you think hard, these comments are really scary  :'(

We knew it was coming.  I don't think anybody actually expected him to play out the length of his contract.

There's no way to know what's coming. Even if KG goes into the offseason planning to retire there's a decent chance he'll change his mind when the fall rolls around and he's not playing.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If you think hard, these comments are really scary  :'(

We knew it was coming.  I don't think anybody actually expected him to play out the length of his contract.

There's no way to know what's coming. Even if KG goes into the offseason planning to retire there's a decent chance he'll change his mind when the fall rolls around and he's not playing.
Or vice versa.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Sounds like a tired man venting.  Seems to me its a whole lotta nothing.

It sure is funny watching everyone get all twisted into a pretzel over this, though.

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
It's been an odd week for KG comments. First that interesting quote where he says, "I won't share my thoughts on this team," and now this. Not really sure what to think of it, KG has never been one to hold anything back in interviews, always saying exactly whats on his mind.

My first thought was what if Danny Ainge told Doc that this is the last year for this group? What if he told him that he plans on trying to blow it up this summer cause its just not ginna work with this group of players and then Doc relayed that message to KG and Pierce. Maybe thats why we got that comment last week where KG seemingly shot a little criticism Danny Ainge's way during that, "I won't share my thoughts on this team," quote.

Then another part of me just wants to think that KG has never been the best with words and he made that comment and it had no real true meaning to it, cause he sounded like he tried to back off of it after he said it.

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Watched the video...not sure it meant anything.  At this point I think he's tired more than anything, and wouldn't mind taking a week off.  My bet is he's back next season...he's still playing at a high level....

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
TRADE HIM WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!  8)

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Since he has a no trade contract (one of the few in the NBA) good luck with that...

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Since he has a no trade contract (one of the few in the NBA) good luck with that...

It was a joke....

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I may be a super reader between the liner but don't be shocked if Danny told KG tonight that he's gonna trade him.
What makes me say that you say? Well, knowing KG the two comments he made speaks volumes. The first of this being his last all star game. He doesn't strike me as one who would forego the final two years of his contract if he was gonna be here in Boston, but the most cryptic of quotes was the one where he said looking back he should have taken the night off. That's not KG. That sounds like anger. Especially after getting the W for him to make a comment like that just doesn't sound right. This dude will play every night if we had a game every night this week. That quote just doesn't sit well with me. Lastly the final quote..."ya'll don't know what I know." I hope it's not true, but I think he's gone by the deadline.
Since KG has a no-trade clause, I'd say no... but how about taking it a step further: maybe it's not him that Danny is dealing, maybe it's Rondo! We all know how bonded they are... if Rondo is traded, KG will retire at the end of the season no doubt!

But yeah, probably it's nothing and we're reading between the lines too much...
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Maybe what KG knows and we don't is that now that Rondo is out Danny is bringing Ray back.

Its as plausable as any of the other speculation here. ;D
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
KG ain't done yet. Look at the man play.
I think he's talking about how he doesn't
intend to play these kinds of minutes in
any future season. He cannot afford to burn out
over regular season games.
He's going to be a starter with limited
minutes.
He was only saying he's planning on treating
this ASG as if it's his last.
Now, if PP is traded, he may just retire,
that's the only possibility I can think of,
because he's just still too [dang] good a player.
If PP is traded that all changes.
None of what he said would have been said if
he wasn't so burned out over whats happened
in the last 2-3 weeks.