Author Topic: Kevin Garnett: "This will be my last All-Star Game, you don't know what I know"  (Read 12817 times)

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Love KG, he has a couple more years left in him, but it would probably best for the organization if true.

Do we still have to pay? Ugh

I'm under the impression the rest of his contract would come off the books if he retired.

• Dennis Johnson
Umm....can someone tell me who "Gethin Coolbaugh" is.....?

Have NEVER heard of him...

cheesy source from the sound of it. I'll wait patiently until KG officially says something
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline go11celtics

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28

I actually went to high school with him. I'm pretty sure he does something media related for the celtics, but not positive. Personally never listened to a word he said but who knows maybe he got something right for once

• Dennis Johnson
however IF TRUE, I guess i will have to hop a flight from down here way way up to the northeast to a playoff game to send my favorite celtic since bird off on a good note.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Writes for SBNation, for their Boston site (all Boston sports). I think he's their main writer or editor actually.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

• Dennis Johnson

I actually went to high school with him. I'm pretty sure he does something media related for the celtics, but not positive. Personally never listened to a word he said but who knows maybe he got something right for once

maybe he will just skip the all star game next year if picked???? heck i would this year and choose to rest instead. let an alternate play.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
I may be a super reader between the liner but don't be shocked if Danny told KG tonight that he's gonna trade him.
What makes me say that you say? Well, knowing KG the two comments he made speaks volumes. The first of this being his last all star game. He doesn't strike me as one who would forego the final two years of his contract if he was gonna be here in Boston, but the most cryptic of quotes was the one where he said looking back he should have taken the night off. That's not KG. That sounds like anger. Especially after getting the W for him to make a comment like that just doesn't sound right. This dude will play every night if we had a game every night this week. That quote just doesn't sit well with me. Lastly the final quote..."ya'll don't know what I know." I hope it's not true, but I think he's gone by the deadline.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
it seems to me both comments were made in jest.

definitely the 'shoulda taken it off' one...he went on to say he had to be fair and give his all. wanted to.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I don't really care if it's best for the organization - if Kevin Garnett has good years left in him I really don't want to be short changed. It's a pleasure being able to watch this guy play.

• Dennis Johnson
I may be a super reader between the liner but don't be shocked if Danny told KG tonight that he's gonna trade him.
What makes me say that you say? Well, knowing KG the two comments he made speaks volumes. The first of this being his last all star game. He doesn't strike me as one who would forego the final two years of his contract if he was gonna be here in Boston, but the most cryptic of quotes was the one where he said looking back he should have taken the night off. That's not KG. That sounds like anger. Especially after getting the W for him to make a comment like that just doesn't sound right. This dude will play every night if we had a game every night this week. That quote just doesn't sit well with me. I hope it's not true, but I think he's gone by the deadline.

yeah, that did not sit well with me either. sounded mad or angry. IDK. guess we will see.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
What makes me say that you say? Well, knowing KG the two comments he made speaks volumes. The first of this being his last all star game. He doesn't strike me as one who would forego the final two years of his contract if he was gonna be here in Boston, but the most cryptic of quotes was the one where he said looking back he should have taken the night off. That's not KG. That sounds like anger. Especially after getting the W for him to make a comment like that just doesn't sound right. This dude will play every night if we had a game every night this week. That quote just doesn't sit well with me. I hope it's not true, but I think he's gone by the deadline.

gary washburn @GwashNBAGlobe

KG gets cryptic on us and says it will be his last all-star game and then says he'll treat it like it will be #celtics
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

I didn't really consider a trade as a possibility, but I agree with you.  Something probably happened that we don't know about.

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I don't really care if it's best for the organization - if Kevin Garnett has good years left in him I really don't want to be short changed. It's a pleasure being able to watch this guy play.

Agree

Offline go11celtics

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28

Why do you have to say this! Now I won't be able to sleep until the deadline! Although kg does have a no trade clause so he has to sign off on it