Author Topic: Kevin Garnett: "This will be my last All-Star Game, you don't know what I know"  (Read 12808 times)

Offline Jay D

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I may be a super reader between the liner but don't be shocked if Danny told KG tonight that he's gonna trade him.

KG has a no trade clause doesn't he? Danny can't really move him anywhere unless KG approves it.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
youtube.com/watch?v=qEXrhvlEv1k
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I just don't think KG would go out like this...writers get stuff wrong, too.

Until I see a news conference, rumors on ESPN, etc - I can't put too much stock into this.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Umm....can someone tell me who "Gethin Coolbaugh" is.....?

Have NEVER heard of him...

cheesy source from the sound of it. I'll wait patiently until KG officially says something

http://boston.sbnation.com/authors/gethin-coolbaugh

He's the regional editor for SBNation, and others have reported it. The quote is legitimate.

Trust me, I'm the first guy who calls shenanigans on bad sources. I don't bring cheese to the party.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
I may be a super reader between the liner but don't be shocked if Danny told KG tonight that he's gonna trade him.
What makes me say that you say? Well, knowing KG the two comments he made speaks volumes. The first of this being his last all star game. He doesn't strike me as one who would forego the final two years of his contract if he was gonna be here in Boston, but the most cryptic of quotes was the one where he said looking back he should have taken the night off. That's not KG. That sounds like anger. Especially after getting the W for him to make a comment like that just doesn't sound right. This dude will play every night if we had a game every night this week. That quote just doesn't sit well with me. I hope it's not true, but I think he's gone by the deadline.

Why do you have to say this! Now I won't be able to sleep until the deadline! Although kg does have a no trade clause so he has to sign off on it

...and dont forget the final quote...."Yall don't know what I know."
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
IDK, i honestly think KG is a type of player that only will hang them up if he cannot play anymore. This dude loves the game way too much to just retire

but then again, this year was really bad for us. 3 Season ending injuries (with two being ACL injuries). That probably hit him somehow mentally.

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203

KG has a no trade clause doesn't he? Danny can't really move him anywhere unless KG approves it.

If Danny wants to move him and if KG thinks it would benefit the Celtics, he'd do it...and hang it up after this year, hence the last all-star game quote.

I really hope I'm wrong  :(
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

cheesy source from the sound of it. I'll wait patiently until KG officially says something

He's the regional editor for SBNation, and others have reported it. The quote is legitimate.

Trust me, I'm the first guy who calls shenanigans on bad sources. I don't bring cheese to the party.

Yeah, but if you listen to the youtube vid that ImShak posted, KG just sounds likes he's talking about the AS weekend....doesn't sound like he's getting shipped out of town or anything.

I'm still not reading too much into this - especially after the youtube clip from ImShak.

Offline go11celtics

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28

If Danny wants to move him and if KG thinks it would benefit the Celtics, he'd do it...and hang it up after this year, hence the last all-star game quote.

It would take an amazing deal for me to forgive Danny for not even giving this team a chance. I mean it may be a long shot but who really cares? I'd rather go down swinging than start rebuilding

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
but he was joking about 'should've taken the night off'

speculation will stress you folks out.

me? ima just enjoy the ride.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Yeah, but if you listen to the youtube vid that ImShak posted, KG just sounds likes he's talking about the AS weekend....doesn't sound like he's getting shipped out of town or anything.

I'm still not reading too much into this - especially after the youtube clip from ImShak.

Yeah just watched that too. He backtracked a bit, but the 'This is for sure my last All-Star game' and 'Yall don't know what I know' comments seem pretty indicative that he's at least been thinking about it. Like I said in my initial genius post, strongest comments thus far that he's thinking about hanging them up.

Now it's not a retirement announcement or anything, just some more cryptic comments from KG.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Garnett, set to be a starter in his 15th All-Star appearance, affirmed that this would be his last All-Star Game. When a reporter asked how he could be so certain with two years remaining on his contract, Garnett replied, "Y'all don't know what I know."

"I’ll put it just like this: I’m more than grateful that I’m going to this game," said Garnett. "I’m not going to act like I got more All-Star Games in me, or whatever. So I’m actually going to enjoy this one with some friends and family. That’s what I meant." 

"[Rivers] gave me the opportunity to take the night off. I should have took that," joked Garnett. "I see everyone in here playing through everything, I'm no different than that. Paul [Pierce] is tired, everybody’s tired. No one is full of energy right now. I thought that was unfair. If [Rivers] wants to give everybody the night off, but that wasn’t an option. So I came out and gave what I could; tried to play hard, as always."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4702346/cryptic-kg-ready-for-last-all-star-game

Could mean that he just thinks he won't be good enough to make the all-star game next year. But I wouldn't be surprised if he does hang em up after the seasons over.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Better enjoy his greatness while you can just in case this is his last season.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If KG does retire this summer, I will be really annoyed that Danny did not dump Pierce and other medium-term contracts at this trade deadline.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
If KG does retire this summer, I will be really annoyed that Danny did not dump Pierce and other medium-term contracts at this trade deadline.

They still have their amnesty clause.