Author Topic: Are the lakers self-destructing? nash vs dwight now  (Read 9267 times)

Re: Are the lakers self-destructing? nash vs dwight now
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 12:22:05 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
They're falling apart against the Suns right now - they're starting to get booed by their home fans.  Love it.

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
They're falling apart against the Suns right now - they're starting to get booed by their home fans.  Love it.

Jermaine O'Neal is doing well. Love seeing Kobe without a field goal(:
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 12:59:55 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33

Jermaine O'Neal is doing well. Love seeing Kobe without a field goal(:

With 9 minutes to go Kobe has 2 points and 7 turnovers ... WINNING!  ;D

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 02:03:04 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Nash is 100% correct, he had 2 defenders and a backboard, thats why he passed low, and dumb dwight wanted a lob.

Yes that is true.  But this is really being blown out of proportion.  Players disagree about what eachother should have done all the time.  This is being blown up because its LA.  This is a boring non-story.

Van Gundy made the great point that they are always arguing about the ball on the Lakers and not arguing about defense.  That's why they aren't winning.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 04:43:46 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
It's at the point now where I honestly enjoy to see any type of story about Dwight Howard doing badly.

The guy is just so disgusting as a person - absolutely zero loyalty, all about himself and no interest at all about the other players on his team.  Creates problems everywhere he goes.

Dwight has to be the biggest waste of talent I have seen in 20 years of NBA play.  He could be in the argument for MVP right now, but instead he's in the headlines for being criticised by all of his teammates.

Kudos to Lebron - everybody (myself included) hated him for years, but he dealt with it the right way.  He simply ignored the crap, improved his attitude, elevated his game and led his team to a championship.  After the way he played against us in the ECF who can possibly criticise him now?

This Howard character just doesn't get it.  His reputation is getting close to the point of being unrepairable - it doesn't seem to matter what he does from this point on, he will always be seen as a selfish diva who is a cancer to every team he plays on.   This is in addition to the fact that he is up there with Wade and MWP in the top 5 most dirty players in the league.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 09:21:45 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Suns had the Lakers on the ropes, but late in the game, they decided to defensive rebound like the Celtics, and the Lakers snatched the game by making layups on third and fourth attempts.  JO still can't defensive rebound, BTW. 

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 09:48:24 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Lakers are 3 1/2 games out still, with two teams they need to pass. They need to go around 19-10 or so to get in at the 8th seed's current pace.

7-3 in their last ten games so yeah still looks to be a coin flip or slightly worse to me. How hard is their remaining schedule?

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 10:58:01 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I've always said Lakers should have never gotten rid of Andrew Bynum. Glad they didn't listen hahaha

well, Bynum is even more useless than Howard so far this year. I don't expect Bynum to last in the NBA another 2 years with the knees he has.

Yeah totally agree, Bynums knees arent holding up
But right now
Bynum injured on the bench >>> Dwight

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 10:37:04 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Lakers are 3 1/2 games out still, with two teams they need to pass. They need to go around 19-10 or so to get in at the 8th seed's current pace.

7-3 in their last ten games so yeah still looks to be a coin flip or slightly worse to me. How hard is their remaining schedule?

Looks fairly weak, of their last two games one is against San Antonio though, but they'll be probably in resting mode already, so a waste of tough opponent, but the final game is against Houston, the current 8th seed... that could become a very interesting game.