Author Topic: Boston is Smoove's Top Destination?  (Read 14073 times)

Re: Boston is Smoove's Top Destination?
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2013, 11:23:59 AM »

Offline southshorematt

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 46
just wait till the Summer. This has been in the making for years.

He wants to play here with Rondo, Doc, and an a real organization.

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2013, 11:30:23 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I can't see the Celts getting Josh Smith, but it's nice (if true) that a high profile player really does want to come to Boston. That doesn't happen much!

It would be great to get Smith, and keep Avery, Green & Sully. I don't know how that could possibly happen though.

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2013, 11:42:25 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Smith is a very undisciplined player. Amazing ability; but he must drive coaches crazy. He also has a habit of disappearing during important games.

I say no!

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2013, 11:44:47 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
Smith is a very undisciplined player. Amazing ability; but he must drive coaches crazy. He also has a habit of disappearing during important games.

I say no!

people must really think before posting

1) will pierce and kg retire next season?
2) will danny ferry just let smith walk and go to celtics without getting something?
3) is it enough to give him max contract if rondo pierce and kg was still here?
4) will danny ainge say YES if smith say's i want max contract?
5) rondo and him are teammates the past years since high school?
6) can rondo and smith both bring this team to a championship ring? with rondo's attitude?without a good bench players like we have?
7) will the duo of smith-rondo works while rondo hog the ball so long?
8 ) what if smith keeps on hitting 3's and missed all the time?
9) what if the celtics did not make it to playoffs with smith on the team? what will be the fans reactions?
10)can we sign another good player with smith max contract going to hard salary cap? or we are stuck at PF smith's contract and just signed some veteran old washed out players?

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2013, 11:47:13 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Maybe we should start a poll about whether or not Boston is really Josh Smith's top destination?  Thoughts?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

The deal that I think made sense earlier in the year, and makes even more sense now that Green is playing well, and his value is higher is this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=a4v7jb9

Boston gets Smith and Stevenson (perhaps throw Livingston in as well, but he can't be traded until tomorrow)

Cleveland gets Green

Atlanta gets Bass, Walton (expiring), Melo, Pick from Cleveland, Pick from Boston (or maybe even two picks from Cleveland...Green has looked very good lately)

If you need, you can try to send Bass to a 4th team for another expiring contract, although Atlanta might not be too opposed to taking him as a cost controlled rotation big man.

I don't think Atlanta would be willing to take Bass.

I think we'd have to expand the Cleveland side of that deal.  Include Lee instead of Bass with Cleveland throwing in Gibson and Miles or Casspi.

That way Atlanta gets all expirings to go along with Melo and picks.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If he wants to be a Celtic so bad just make it known out loud and sign here in the offseason. By the sounds of it KG might be retiring, and we can always trade a player to make cap room for him.

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23

The deal that I think made sense earlier in the year, and makes even more sense now that Green is playing well, and his value is higher is this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=a4v7jb9

Boston gets Smith and Stevenson (perhaps throw Livingston in as well, but he can't be traded until tomorrow)

Cleveland gets Green

Atlanta gets Bass, Walton (expiring), Melo, Pick from Cleveland, Pick from Boston (or maybe even two picks from Cleveland...Green has looked very good lately)

If you need, you can try to send Bass to a 4th team for another expiring contract, although Atlanta might not be too opposed to taking him as a cost controlled rotation big man.

I don't think Atlanta would be willing to take Bass.

I think we'd have to expand the Cleveland side of that deal.  Include Lee instead of Bass with Cleveland throwing in Gibson and Miles or Casspi.

That way Atlanta gets all expirings to go along with Melo and picks.

i'm not just wasting my pick for a horrible very huge max contract, while some draftees next year, some are really good

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2013, 01:23:33 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Ainge knows that to win, he's going to have to beat the Heat. If they can somehow acquire Smith without giving up Green, you have to say that this combo will be as good as you could possibly ask for as a Lebron-stopper. Combine that with Bradley on Wade, and you make Lebron/Wade combo human...

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2013, 01:43:23 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
only way I see Smith to Boston at the deadline is if some 3rd team is willing to eat salary and Boston manages to get extra bodies tossed in

I don't see us trading Rondo, I don't see us trading KG or Pierce, so that leaves us with just a pupu platter of Green/Bass/Lee/Terry to offer up - and it would likely take a sweetener like Sullinger to make it happen

the only reason we'd have any hope of pulling it off would be because the Hawks are getting low-balled

probably a great chance of happening in the offseason if we find a way to clear the deck of salaries via retirement parties and such - or I suppose some kind of sign-and-trade could be worked out too, but same problems as above

I agree. It's why in any deal I have proposed it has Lee being absorbed by Memphis with their Trade Exception.

The Grizzlies are far enough under the luxury tax that they're willing to utilize at least part of their $7.5 million trade exception to add some perimeter help. Acquiring SG Courtney Lee, who Boston would consider flipping for some frontline help, was discussed but the Celtics aren't looking just to drop salary but add size.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21669866/report-memphis-not-done-dealing-could-target-bostons-courtney-lee

Does Smith count as size?

More on Memphis wanting to absorb Lee.

I know that current Griz management is fond of Lee mainly because they represented him (Stu Lash). But it’s hard to tell what Boston’s thinking is. If the Celtics traded Lee to the Griz into a trade exception it would be a salary dump. Right now, it looks like Boston is in a holding pattern given how well they are doing without Rondo.

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2013/02/chat-live-with-grizzlies-beat-reporter-ron-tillery-on-thursday.html

Lee to Memphis.

Smith to Boston.

Atlanta does receive Bass. Yet, the motivation to take him on is shaving some payroll by not taking Lee in getting rid of Smith. Also Boston makes it more worth their while by giving them a first and Fab ( a prospect they really liked during draft time ).

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2013, 01:46:23 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/

After trade we have te most athletic starting five in NBA:
Bledsoe, Bradley, Green, Smith and Jordan.
The bench Terry, Morrow, Stevenson, Butler, Johnson, Wilcox, Collins
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2013, 02:07:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Boston OUT: Green, Lee, Bass, First
Boston IN: J.Smith, J.Bayless, Q.Pondexter

Memphis OUT: J.Bayless, Q.Pondexter
Memphis IN: Lee

Atlanta OUT: J.Smith
Atlanta IN: Green, Bass, BOS First

Do it now!

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2013, 02:11:44 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
One thing, if the C's do get Smith, I hope the nickname "smoove" dies a quick death.  I HATE that nickname. 

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2013, 02:41:47 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
One thing, if the C's do get Smith, I hope the nickname "smoove" dies a quick death.  I HATE that nickname.

Agreed...it's awful and a turn off and makes me laugh just reading this thread title

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2013, 02:44:46 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Nearly impossible to imagine a Cs package that Ferry would actually want for Smith without the name Rondo in it. Ferry is not going to take back two mediocre long-term deals for Smith.

Meanwhile, even if the Cs could clear enough space to sign him this summer, they have very intelligent folks running the org that would not be dumb enough to do so. Thank god.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 02:57:38 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)