Author Topic: Bos/LAL Would You do this to Win Now  (Read 3237 times)

Bos/LAL Would You do this to Win Now
« on: February 13, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6236952

Bos Gets: Nash/ Gasol

LAL Gets: Rondo, Green & Bass
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:32:38 PM by Rtpas11 »

Re: Bos/LAL Would You do this to Win Now
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:22:42 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=axlht59

Yup. I've always felt that Gasol and KG would be a killer duo in the front court and I've always felt that Nash's game would compliment KG and Pierce alot better than Rondo's did.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:24:18 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Ditto I love it for 2013 but next year I would want Green & Rondo back! Green is a player folks.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

No -- I think losing Bass and Green is too much.

Boston would be a win-now team but would lack the role players / depth / support to mount a title challenge and this might be the last year this group of star players (Nash, Pierce, Garnett) is capable of leading a title challenge.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Don't want Rondo as a Laker. Sorry.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 07:57:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nash looks like a shadow of himself, we 'd win nothing with him at the helm.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 08:24:10 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Not in a million years, I wouldn't even entertain the idea.

The way Green is playing lately you could argue that we are giving up the two best players in that deal (Rondo and Green).  Not only are both of them very good players, but both are also young and have an entire future ahead of them.

In return we get Gasol who is shooting around 42% from the field this season and is the opposite of Rondo (plays well in the regular season, chokes in the playoffs) and Nash who is about 10 million years old and makes Pierce and KG look like embrio's by comparison.

Gasol's career is already on a downward spiral, and within the next two years I see him being somewhat comparable to Jermaine Oneal when he was with us two seasons back.

You just don't give up you of your best young players for two old guys who are on the decline. 

You need to consider that our 'old guys' are a special exception.  Even at their age KG is still a top 10 defensive big man in this league, and Pierce is still a top 10 offensive player. 

I know many will deny that, but don't just look at Pierce's scoring numbers, look at his scoring ability.  Offensively he is capable in every possible way - post up game, pull up jumper, fall away with a defender in his face, three point shot, slashing to the basket, consistent free throw shooter, exceptional passer and playamker. 

I can think of only a handful of guys in the NBA who can contribute with that type of versatility offensively - there's Durant, Carmello, Joe Johnson, Kobe...you guys might need to help me with this.

Sure Nash is still a great passer and a very good shooter, but this season it looks like he's a shadow of his former self, and I don't think it's all due to his role either.  His age combined with recent injuries have I think taken their toll, and if you think RONDO is a liabiliy on defense, wait until you have Nash out there instead....

Gasol isn't a fantastic defender, he's too slow, but more importantly he is SOFT like a marshmallow and he has a history of falling apart and dissapearing completely in key playoff games.

I'm not convinced that this move helps us right now, and it sure as hell doesn't help us in the future!

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 01:29:32 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6236952

what a trade
i gave props to you
hahahaha

nash will retire soon
gasol is getting old

loosing a young rondo and green?
think man, lakers win these and we lose this trade
hahaha

rondo will be so freakin good in lakers with kobe
and what do we got nash closed to retirement?

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 10:48:25 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Trade Rondo for Howard and sign Delonte or Fisher

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 11:13:18 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Absolutely NOT!!!!

We need to maintain our Rondo-Lee-Bradley-GREEN-Sullenger-(Fab Melo) 2015 core and build off of that. Would love to bring back old Celtics hands Perkins, Jefferson, and Tony Allen with the Pierce and KG money freed up.

If Danny has to trade Jason Terry and Brandon Bass plus a pick or two for Zaza Pachulia and Josh Smith - fine. He can pick over unsigned free agents for the stretch drive.

This trading business for old washed up Lakers is a bad idea.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 11:28:11 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
Absolutely NOT!!!!

We need to maintain our Rondo-Lee-Bradley-GREEN-Sullenger-(Fab Melo) 2015 core and build off of that. Would love to bring back old Celtics hands Perkins, Jefferson, and Tony Allen with the Pierce and KG money freed up.

If Danny has to trade Jason Terry and Brandon Bass plus a pick or two for Zaza Pachulia and Josh Smith - fine. He can pick over unsigned free agents for the stretch drive.

This trading business for old washed up Lakers is a bad idea.

35+ years old terry + bass for smith and pachulla? hahaha

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 11:31:40 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
COULD IT BE!!!!  :o
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6239330

Bos Gets: Dwight
LAL Gets: Rondo & Bass

His #12 jersey is now available with Barbosa gone... ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 12:16:02 AM by Rtpas11 »

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 12:02:27 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
wouldn't do it. Gasol still has tremendous game (don't let his numbers this year fool you. He's poorly utilized by D'Antoni. Heck, he was being made to shoot 3's at one point in the year *smh*) but this trade doesn't really do anything for us.

And at this point in his career, i'm almost convinced Nash is a net negative. For all the points he can generate, he gives up too much on D.
- LilRip

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 02:14:34 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Just a really bad idea.  You don't get better now since Nash isn't the same player he was and you don't know if Gasol will even come back this year for sure. 

Plus for Nash to be effective you have to run and with KG, and PP and an injured Gasol that's not going to happen...

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 06:46:16 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
No. Look, KG to Clips or RR for DH rumor is another thing because you trading your players mostly for the future and also for the present. But dealing your best young potential for two old dogs it's not right. If we are gonna trade someone then trade for better and brighter future,not for uncertainty.