Author Topic: :( Looking back at NBA Finals 2010, Game 7...  (Read 9651 times)

Re: :( Looking back at NBA Finals 2010, Game 7...
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 08:41:40 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Derek Fishers layup in game 3

:'( :'(

Game 3 in General was the pivotal difference maker for them.

Which was ev

en more painful for me, being that I was at that game.

Ouch man, ouch. To bad you weren't at the "shrek and donkey" game instead.

At the time I was living with my sister without cable, going to school watching on my laptop  ..hurt just as bad! But tp
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:48:46 PM by scaryjerry »

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 08:54:02 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'd change something before that: in the Orlando series, erase the Captain's broom quote... shut your mouth and take care of the Tragic in 4.

Extending that series meant Baby's concussion, Coward elbowing Quisy AND our bigs (KG and Sheed took a beating, leading to Sheed hurting his back and being limited in the Finals) all of that in Game 5. Not to say a little rest would help the Big 3, big time. Have them taken care of job in Game 4 would've meant a lot, a healthier Sheed, healthy Baby and Quisy and less fatigued veterans.

Other than that, I'd have changed Metta World War injuring Ray, who was huge before that injury.

In my mind there's no doubt the Celts sweep the Fakers in that case. No Perk injury, no JO... #19 on its way in 2010-2011.

but... still hurts and it'll hurt until the Celts win 3 or 4 more banners. Then I'd be ready to forget.

Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 09:12:01 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I'd change something before that: in the Orlando series, erase the Captain's broom quote... shut your mouth and take care of the Tragic in 4.

Extending that series meant Baby's concussion, Coward elbowing Quisy AND our bigs (KG and Sheed took a beating, leading to Sheed hurting his back and being limited in the Finals) all of that in Game 5. Not to say a little rest would help the Big 3, big time. Have them taken care of job in Game 4 would've meant a lot, a healthier Sheed, healthy Baby and Quisy and less fatigued veterans.

Other than that, I'd have changed Metta World War injuring Ray, who was huge before that injury.

In my mind there's no doubt the Celts sweep the Fakers in that case. No Perk injury, no JO... #19 on its way in 2010-2011.

but... still hurts and it'll hurt until the Celts win 3 or 4 more banners. Then I'd be ready to forget.

Go Celtics!!!

He also had a"we won't be coming back to l.a" comment in the finals during game 2 and they promptly lost the infamous game3 I mentioned

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 09:17:55 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Extending that series meant Baby's concussion, Coward elbowing Quisy AND our bigs (KG and Sheed took a beating, leading to Sheed hurting his back and being limited in the Finals) all of that in Game 5.

The biggest thing that went wrong in the Orlando was Rondo picking up some kind of leg injury. Before that he was arguably the best performer in the postseason and we were cutting through our opponents like a knife through butter. After that he was good but not great and the Celts were struggling.

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
this is an extremely painful thread, that will likely be the most painful sports moment i ever experience...

i agree with the inconsistent play calling.  it's a game 7, the stars on both sides are struggling with their shots, it was a defensive, bruising series for the most part.. and all of a sudden in the 4th if anybody breathes on gasol he's at the line.

lets face it folks, it was a 4 point game, it was as close as you can get to a finals win.  literally anything could have gone differently and the outcome could have been different.  a draft in the building.  a particularly obnoxious fan.  i choose to blame the refs, as i usually do.

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »

Kiorrik

:( Looking back at NBA Finals 2010, Game 7...
Go, away.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 10:10:38 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
most painful loss in Celtics history for me (it replaced the 1973 ECF game 7 loss vs Knicks).
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 10:21:25 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
To those who thought/think I am purposely causing them pain by making them remember this:

That is not my intent. I had just as much pain as you all. Most of the time, I was cheering for the individual players like KG, Pierce, and Allen to win more than I was for team Celtics.
I really prayed to god that KG, Pierce, and Allen win that ring, because they deserved it after what they had achieved in their entire careers.

Anyways, I was in tears and somewhat crying that day too and I am sure many others did too.

Sometimes, we just have to forget the sad part and face the reality.

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Foh-gad aboudit!
Think about our championship THIS year...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24:48 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
I wish the refs didn't suddenly start calling touch fouls in the fourth quarter when they had been allowing both teams to play physically all night.

This how I will always remember that game.  They called the game differently in the 4th quarter.  I don't remember what the free throw discrepancy was but it was substantial.

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
That post-season was Operation Fo'Fo'Fo'. I'd predicted it and it happened.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=36355.0

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I can't think about that game without thinking about the refs. Call me a homer or whatever but we got robbed.