Author Topic: :( Looking back at NBA Finals 2010, Game 7...  (Read 9654 times)

:( Looking back at NBA Finals 2010, Game 7...
« on: February 13, 2013, 06:14:39 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Today, I was watching a mini-movie on Game 7 of the NBA Finals in which the Lakers won.

Now that we look back at the Game 7 of NBA Finals 2010, what do you wish we did different that would have won us the game.

I know Perkins was out, but is there anything in that specific game that you severely regret? Such as a specific decision by Doc, or a specific play by the Celtics, or even a specific ref call (Please don't say all calls).

The Lakers were up by or had tied it up by 5 minutes. What I regret is that I now I think Doc should have put Pierce, KG, and Allen on the bench for 1 minute. Sure they would not have fully gotten their energy back in a minute, but it surely would have helped them (I say this from my own basketball playing experience).

I know its heartbreaking, disheartening, and sad to talk about that game, but let this be the thread to pour out your feelings and lighten your heart.

Re: :( Looking back at NBA Finals 2010, Game 7...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:22:23 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I wished the refs called that "up-and-down" travel on Gasol that put up LA by 6 with a little over a minute left.

To me, it was pretty clear, and the ref on the baseline had a good look at it IIRC.

I also wish Kobe had continued to chuck in the fourth.  That strategy worked in our favor for the first three quarters.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:25:47 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I wished the refs called that "up-and-down" travel on Gasol that put up LA by 6 with a little over a minute left.

To me, it was pretty clear, and the ref on the baseline had a good look at it IIRC.

No joke. The network replayed it, and it was clear that Gasol's foot touched the floor before he got the shot off. What a joke that was.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:26:25 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The only thing I really wish the Celtics did differently, that they actually had control of, was play TA more.  Even though he had a bum ankle at that point, not giving him more court time really burned out Pierce/Ray.

TA really came into his own at the end of that season, and was playing exceptionally well.  Even after the ankle injury, he still continued to play very solid defense.

Otherwise, I really rather not think about it.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wish the refs didn't suddenly start calling touch fouls in the fourth quarter when they had been allowing both teams to play physically all night.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 07:02:49 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
As I've said many times about this game
Pau Gasol 18 rebounds
Kevin Garnett 3 rebounds

Game, set, match

Kg was pretty hobbled that year.sigh....but that guy "we're better without" was pretty darn good

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 07:05:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Kg was pretty hobbled that year.sigh....but that guy "we're better without" was pretty darn good
"That guy" was also moving the ball more.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 07:07:33 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Don't disagree at all...he needs to get back to that
I think the franchise created the "this is rondos team now" monster but let's not turn it into that

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I think the franchise created the "this is rondos team now" monster but let's not turn it into that
Rondo is an extremely talented player who will never miss you if you're open for a nanosecond. His main issue over the past several years is that he has progressively fallen in love with this ability of his.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 07:16:05 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
:o

Rondo is an extremely talented player who will never miss you if you're open for a nanosecond. His main issue over the past several years is that he has progressively fallen in love with this ability of his.

Fair enough..I think this year more than ever, tp

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 07:21:20 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
All this thread confirms for me is that the Los Angeles Lakers will ALWAYS reserve a special place in my heart...more special than MIA...more special than those 80's Sixers-Celtics games.

That Feb 7 win takes some pain away...but I'd STILL love for LA and BOS to dance ONE MORE time this June.

Only LA's glorious defeat, at the hands of BOS, in a seven-game series - in June - will make me feel better about 09-10.

C'mon LA! Get it together! Make the post-season!

Beat OKC!

BOS - Beat MIA!

MIA and OKC are perhaps the two biggest roadblocks to BOS-LA meeting one more time - and BOS getting some revenge for that Game 7 loss.

LA's beaten OKC this season - we've beaten MIA.

I'm still hopeful we can meet again in June.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 07:24:18 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I guess if I could change one thing - it would've been for a consistently-officiated game.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 07:25:46 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Derek Fishers layup in game 3

:'( :'(

Game 3 in General was the pivotal difference maker for them.

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 07:56:43 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Derek Fishers layup in game 3

:'( :'(

Game 3 in General was the pivotal difference maker for them.

Which was even more painful for me, being that I was at that game.

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 08:37:23 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'd say much of the team was fairly fond of this, all of PP/KG/RA/Shaq (and others) were having some of the best shooting years of their careers with Rondo feeding them the ball. It's popular to blame Rondo for everything that's been wrong with the Celts offense the last month or two but it's not like we haven't had a ton of success with Rondo controlling the ball.