Author Topic: MEM/BOS Why Not?  (Read 2333 times)

MEM/BOS Why Not?
« on: February 13, 2013, 06:11:04 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6236949

Bos Gets: Ed Davis

Mem Gets: Melo, Barbosa (to waive) cash, & 1st rounder
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:31:36 PM by Rtpas11 »

Re: MEM/BOS Why Not?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Not giving up Fab Melo and a first for Ed Davis.

I want someone better than Ed Davis for that package.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:21:03 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Boy, this Ed Davis dude has picked up alot of interest in CelticsBlog ;D

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:26:48 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408

Really? A project center who may never pan out and the 18th - 22nd pick in a very weak draft for a proven big with upside and you want more?

Grizzlies should laugh at this proposal, but to clear more cap space and save money they might go for it the way they've been selling.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:30:24 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum

Really? A project center who may never pan out and the 18th - 22nd pick in a very weak draft for a proven big with upside and you want more?

Grizzlies should laugh at this proposal, but to clear more cap space and save money they might go for it the way they've been selling.

what he said ^^^^ how could you want more. its an awesome deal. Memphis gets rid of a guy they don't need & get a great pick (possibly #15) next year. Boston gets a guy they need now that could help them win & continue a championshio run.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I am just not that high on Ed Davis. Boston is currently in line to get the #16 pick and will likely choose somewhere between 14-18. I think that is a pretty good draft pick.

I think Ed Davis could be worth a pick in that range. In the mid to late teens. But I wouldn't give up a higher draft pick (low lottery) or be willing to add a 2nd first rounder (or equivalent to in Fab Melo) to acquire E.Davis.

I am just not that high on Ed Davis. I don't think he has shown that much so far in the NBA. Limited offensive skill-set. Mixed results on defense. Strong rebounding. Good athlete with decent size. Low levels of improvement across his first three years in the league. I am not convinced he warrants this type of an investment.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 06:41:38 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
you forgot shot blocker...

Welcome to the world of Ed Davis

http://youtu.be/DAOvsM1QB-Y

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408

I am just not that high on Ed Davis. Boston is currently in line to get the #16 pick and will likely choose somewhere between 14-18. I think that is a pretty good draft pick.

I think Ed Davis could be worth a pick in that range. In the mid to late teens. But I wouldn't give up a higher draft pick (low lottery) or be willing to add a 2nd first rounder (or equivalent to in Fab Melo) to acquire E.Davis.

I am just not that high on Ed Davis. I don't think he has shown that much so far in the NBA. Limited offensive skill-set. Mixed results on defense. Strong rebounding. Good athlete with decent size. Low levels of improvement across his first three years in the league. I am not convinced he warrants this type of an investment.
If we stay where we're at and don't fall below milwaukee and Atlanta, which i highly doubt we will, the best draft pick we can get is 17th and that's if we're not better then any of the lower playoffs seeds in the west. Also I'd bet we pass Brooklyn as well. Which is why i would say an 18 - 22 pick

If fab makes money work I'll send him and a low pick in the 1st round of a terrible draft for a proven rebounder and shot blocking big. Working with KG also seems to raise young bigs defense immediately.

Give me quality big man depth over a slight chance at hitting the jackpot on possibilities any day of the week!

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:50 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Why not? They want the young talent
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

I think the Grizzlies should and would laugh at that offer...

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
a more realistic offer would be

To Mem: Lee + 2nd

To Bos: Davis

I mean memphis is just stacked at the forward spots. They could really use lee to balance their lineup. If they really want lee, Davis is the guy who they would have to give up.