Author Topic: Jeff Green (points per shot)  (Read 2490 times)

Jeff Green (points per shot)
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:57:30 PM »

Offline traderondo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

Interesting to look at Jeff Greens numbers over the course of the season:

Last 12 games 1.57 shots per shot
January, 1.34 points per shot
December 1.09 points per shot
November 1.14 points per shot

As the season is going on he is getting more and more efficient because of his dunks, free throws, and 3 pointers.

Here is the season averages on PPS:  http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/field-goals/sort/scoringEfficiency

Not sure how long he can keep it up, but I will certainly be paying attention to it as he gets more minutes and he begins to replace Pierce.  He is clearly making better decisions and feeling comfortable in his role which is great.  Hopefully this is an early sign of what he can become. 

Re: Jeff Green (points per shot)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 05:01:31 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
He's always been good, but his expectations are too high and his minutes are too low
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I want doc to stop limiting Green'minutes and make him play 30 plus min a game. He can handle it as he is younger than PP and is improving each month. He should atleast have 15 shots a game and have plays designed for him.. Now is the proper time to unleash him.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 05:17:27 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The only thing I want more out of Jeff Green is more rebounding. I've been really digging his offense and defense over the past 2 months.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 05:17:53 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I want doc to stop limiting Green'minutes and make him play 30 plus min a game. He can handle it as he is younger than PP and is improving each month. He should atleast have 15 shots a game and have plays designed for him.. Now is the proper time to unleash him.

Monday night vs the Bobcats was the perfect time... no clue what doc was thinking at the end of that game Green was the one player killing them

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 05:22:10 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
He's been getting more time at the 4 with Sully out - that's been a big boon for his offensive game.  Much more of a threat as a slasher in transition from that position.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 05:25:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
The gods are making us get injuries because Doc won't play Green enough but now that everyone's injured, Doc will be forced to play Green more. ;)

Plausible.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 05:29:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He's our 4th best player behind KG, Pierce and Rondo.  How can he get more minutes if he's playing the same position as Pierce?  He's not a PF and he's not a SG... he's a SF.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 05:32:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
He's been getting more time at the 4 with Sully out - that's been a big boon for his offensive game.  Much more of a threat as a slasher in transition from that position.
Yep, per 82games.com

SF = 19.9 points per 48 minutes on 17.3 FGAs, eFG% of 44%, 5.5 FTAs and 3.1 TOs.
PF = 20.1 points per 48 minutes on 14.9 FGAs, eFG% of 54%, 5.2 FTAs and 2.2 TOs.

So Jeff Green is scoring 0.86 points per possession at SF and 1.02 points at PF. With each free throw counted as half a possession and turnovers as a full possession.

A much more effective offensive threat at PF than SF.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
He's our 4th best player behind KG, Pierce and Rondo.  How can he get more minutes if he's playing the same position as Pierce?  He's not a PF and he's not a SG... he's a SF.

Who cares about positions? Positions are made so that novice spectators can follow the game.

If you can ball, you can ball, and Green has shown that.
It doesn't matter what position he plays, as long as he gets to play. Thats the important thing. He needs at least 30 minutes a game.

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 06:07:44 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Interesting set of numbers. TP
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 06:08:42 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I think Jeff is turning out to be the $8-9 million guy that Danny thought he was.   But I am not convinced yet that he is (will be) more than that.  I love that we have another guy now who can post-up and can create for himself.  He is a little iffy when he dribbles into the lane -- loses the ball a fair amount off those moves. I can't tell if it's ball-handling or decision-making that's the culprit in those circumstances.   But I do love the versatility of his offensive game.  I would really like to see him sustain his defensive intensity and I'd like to see if he could rebound better.  Seems to get his hand on the ball in traffic but doesn't haul it in.  Difference between him and Sully in terms of grasping and maintaining possession of the ball off the boards is significant. 

I am a big fan of JG and hope he does great things with this team, but if nothing else, I hope that he shows he is worth his contract and thus a viable trade asset.