Author Topic: Nerlens Noel out for season with ACL injury  (Read 2529 times)

Nerlens Noel out for season with ACL injury
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Its official, Noel has torn ACL and is out for the season. Should return to the court in 6-8 month. Question is now for him, will he return to Kentucky or declare for the draft?? Im a huge UK fan and i really hate this for him. I was afraid he would get hurt somehow b/c he was always falling on the floor. Tough decision for him now. Come back to UK to strengthen his knee or go to NBA now? I think his stock may drop after this injury
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Nerlens Noel out for season with ACL injury
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:05:20 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
hopefully his stock drops all the way to the c's, defensive anchor!

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 02:06:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Tough break, I don't like Kentucky but Nerlens seemed like a good guy and always played hard.

I expect him to declare for the draft anyway, though.  His stock will drop, but not that much.  It's riskier for his NBA prospects to come back and have scouts and pundits pick apart his "new ability level" when he won't be fully recovered yet.  And it's a whole lot riskier to come back and reinjure himself.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:08:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Tough break, I don't like Kentucky but Nerlens seemed like a good guy and always played hard.

I expect him to declare for the draft anyway, though.  His stock will drop, but not that much.  It's riskier for his NBA prospects to come back and have scouts and pundits pick apart his "new ability level" when he won't be fully recovered yet.  And it's a whole lot riskier to come back and reinjure himself.

Agree on all points.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:09:34 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
With the 15th pick in the 2013 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics select Nerlens Noel

rondo
bradley/Lee/terry
pierce/Green
KG/Sullinger
Noel/Oden

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 02:16:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Devastating timing for a top draft pick. I feel for Nerlens and his whole family because this may have cost him millions and millions that he could never recuperate.

I hope he goes to the draft and teams allow him to fall long enough for Danny to swing a deal and get him or falls so far the C's can get him with their pick.

Do not expect to see Nerlens playing much NBA ball next year though. He will come out. He will be drafted. He will also need probably most of that year to get rehabilitated, stronger and more skilled so as to contribute in any meaningful manner on and NBA court.

His losing the rest of this NCAA regular season, the NCAA playoffs, summer workouts with his team, the Summer League and training camp is huge. Remember how long it took Bradley to get himself acclimated to the NBA game and he was a #1 High School Player once upon a time too.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Well if he stays the Celtics will have a better chance at getting him in 2014 since that draft is loaded apparently.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 02:28:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
wow.....that's horrible luck......

he 'll be successful and the

what if's will be told for the next 25 years ......

just think if the ACL. had never happened

he'll need to stay ins coolant rehab show the world is is good to go .

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 02:30:31 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Agree on all points.

Yeah definitely. Him coming out even with the injury will allow him to go higher than possibly having a bad second year and dropping even further.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 02:31:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Devastating timing for a top draft pick. I feel for Nerlens and his whole family because this may have cost him millions and millions that he could never recuperate.
while that's unfortunate I can only feel so bad for someone who'll still make an obscene amount of money for playing a kids game for a living.  His rookie contract alone, even as a mid-round pick, will be more than most people will make in their lives.

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
while that's unfortunate I can only feel so bad for someone who'll still make an obscene amount of money for playing a kids game for a living.  His rookie contract alone, even as a mid-round pick, will be more than most people will make in their lives.
Well I feel for him. He's a local kid, was a neighbor of mine and generally a good kid from a good hard working family.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
We need to trade up to get this kid!!  This is the type of CHANCE that Danny HAS to take for the future!!!

Go get him Danny!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Tough break  :(

Still think he should go into the draft, still gets picked in the Top 10.

Like you guys pointed out it would be great if DA could get him, with him being a Celtics' fan and from Mass, but that's very very unlikely, unless we tank.

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 02:48:19 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I suddenly hope he goes pro.  The idea of him and KG is scary.

If there's a trade for Danny, without giving up any major impact guys, he needs to do it.

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Well I feel for him. He's a local kid, was a neighbor of mine and generally a good kid from a good hard working family.
Don't get me wrong, I hope he has a full recovery and a stellar career, but there's a lot more people out there with bigger problems. 

He'll do fine financially.  Look at Oden as an example of a first rounder that has earned plenty of $ without having played much.  They're obviously not identical examples but the financial windfall of being a first rounder is similar.