Author Topic: Ford: Top Ten Most Likely Traded - Celtic's KG is #10  (Read 4923 times)

Re: Ford: Top Ten Most Likely Traded - Celtic's KG is #10
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
In Chad Ford's list of 'Impact Players Most Likely To Be Moved', he includes Kevin Garnett. He does this because he likes the deal for the Clippers and the Celtics, and thinks contrary to readily available quotes, that KG will be okay with it. So despite KG's no-trade clause, despite his vehement affirmation that he's not going anywhere, despite Danny's 'we're likely staying pat' company line, Chad Ford thinks KG is likely to be moved.

What, did this come from Bleacher Report or something?

Eh, I think you're being a little unfair to Chad Ford in this case (ugh, never thought I'd say that). He does point out the no-trade clause, afterall.  Also, when Danny say's "we're likely staying pat", you honestly believe him? I bet he's on the phones a lot checking in on the trade value of his players.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I could see Atlanta being interested in a 76ers trade if they are dangling Hawes and Turner. Smith and Holiday would make a nice duo. Would they be able to resign both Smith and Bynum? That would be an interesting trio if everybody played to their potential.

Yeah, that is a really good return for Josh Smith. Hawes + Turner. Two long term starters. Slide Horford back to PF. Have a center who play in the high post to space the floor for Horford to beat up smaller PFs in the paint. Good fit. A do-it-all SF in Turner. Nice.

Josh Smith and Andrew Bynum would be such a dangerous duo. Their defensive strength together would be massive. Best defensive big man combo in the league. Very tough rebounding combo. Some spacing concerns offensively but they could live with that with strong shooting wings.

Excellent trade for both teams.

Yup, very much agree.  Nice trade idea, pearljammer.  Nice analysis, Who.  Does Phily do it though without a commitment to resign from Josh Smith?  Is Philly willing to give Smith the max contract extension he is looking for?  Does Smith even want to commit in Philly (talent and fit wise, I'd say so, but a lot more always plays into those decisions it seems)?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 03:17:59 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I don't want KG traded.  He's one player I'm perfectly comfortable with seeing retire in Green and leaving us empty handed.  He's too important to the culture of this franchise.  I would love for him to remain involved even after he retires.

bingo....he's more important than pierce in this regard

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
That idea of a deal centered around a Bledsoe for Granger swap sounds like a great deal for both teams.

LAC trades:  Bledsoe, Butler, Odom, future 1st
Indy trades:  Augustin, Granger, Hansbrough

That would make LAC a noticeably better team for the present.  For Indy, they would have a great foundation of a PG, a wing, and a big who all look like they have the potential to be above average to all-star starters at their position in just a few years from now.  Plus an draft pick for taking back that extra year on Butler.

I don't know if this kind of move would make David West hesitant to resign, but if so, that's just more cap space so they can get a quality young SG or PF to add to the core one of these years in free agency.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 04:52:26 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The KG for Bledsoe rumors need to just go away. Why would the Celtics ever trade Garnett away for a back up PG. Bledsoe has been pretty terrible as a starter. Without Chris Paul the Clippers had been looking like a lottery team. He's a nice back up.

Unless the Celtics are getting a top 10 lottery pick in return, or a sure fire young starter, there is no reason to trade KG. He does so much good for the team on the court and in the locker room. He's amazing.

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 05:07:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The KG for Bledsoe rumors need to just go away. Why would the Celtics ever trade Garnett away for a back up PG. Bledsoe has been pretty terrible as a starter. Without Chris Paul the Clippers had been looking like a lottery team. He's a nice back up.

Yeah, I think Bledsoe's tour as a starting PG has hurt his value quite a lot. Clearly still quite far away from where he needs to be.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 10:33:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yeah, I think Bledsoe's tour as a starting PG has hurt his value quite a lot. Clearly still quite far away from where he needs to be.

True.  Though I wouldn't put too much on a small sample size with a guy playing outside of his normal role, and on a team with a system that doesn't necessarily fit his skills as a player (CP3 is a pound the ball control-everything-on-offense guy, whereas Bledsoe is more of a free flowing high-usage type).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain