Author Topic: Big Changes @ WEEI  (Read 11002 times)

Re: Big Changes @ WEEI
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 02:59:35 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Reports are that Ordway is out at WEEI with Mike Salk replacing him. Say what you want about the guy (esp the past decade or so) but he was a staple of Boston radio since the late 70s. 

This comes on the heels of Morning show flash guy Kevin Winter getting let go on Monday. 

How the once mighty has fallen.  WEEI used to be the top dog but its clear they are chasing Sports Hub at this point.

Personally, I think both stations are pretty horrific these days.
I have sports talk radio on my alarm, because it gives me enough aggravation to get out of bed.

Too bad that WAAF has the ridiculous Greg Hill in the morning, so I can' even get decent music on the way to work. Time to invest in some CDs.

WEEI isn't bad.  I prefer it to the sports hub, but WBUR is my top choice for radio
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 03:00:38 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I here I was praying that is was that jackass Felger that was getting fired.  Felger sucks!

Dang

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 03:03:56 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Felger and Mazz is hands down the best show on sports radio in boston right now.

Which is pretty sad.  Felger sucks, and Mazz is just a lap dog.

Boston sports radio is terrible right now.

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Felger and Mazz is hands down the best show on sports radio in boston right now.

Can't stand Felger & his talking parrot. 

Boston sports radio is in pretty awful shape these days.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
Looks like WEEI just posted the audio...listening to it right now.

http://audio.weei.com/a/70921415/a-tough-day-for-glenn-ordway.htm

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Welp, it's been confirmed.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2013/02/glenn_ordway_opens_up_about_de.html

I've had the chance to work quite a bit with Glenn, he's a genuinely nice guy, always funny and friendly.  I think he's a pretty talented radio host as well.  Kinda stinks that this news got leaked before he had a chance to announce it himself.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Not surprising...I personally haven't listened to them in 2 years live..some on demand ainge interviews that's bout it....felger and maz are far superior

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
The show is pretty great today...

Imagine if he ended up on 98.5?

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 04:24:27 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
This stinks. I'm officially a displaced sports radio fan. I need Sirius.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Holley made Big O better because O couldn't bully him and Holley knew his stuff better. But 98.5 is way better. Felger is way better. I am soooooo happy O got bombed. Had it coming.

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 04:32:11 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

Can't stand Felger & his talking parrot. 

Boston sports radio is in pretty awful shape these days.

Yeah I can't stand the 2 of them.  I'd rather listen to almost any show than that one.

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
Holley made Big O better because O couldn't bully him and Holley knew his stuff better. But 98.5 is way better. Felger is way better. I am soooooo happy O got bombed. Had it coming.

Michael Holley is a very good host, I've enjoyed him for a while now.

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I agree that Holley made Ordway much more likable and easier to listen to.  But I don't see how anyone can listen to Felger at all.

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 05:06:06 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I agree that Holley made Ordway much more likable and easier to listen to.  But I don't see how anyone can listen to Felger at all.

I love Felger.  I think he is the best on the radio these days.  It's nice to have an on air personality who challenges the audience, but then will actually have a relatively respectful give and take.

Most of the talking heads just yell over the callers and/or sound like shills for the team.  Felger takes ridiculous stances some times, but he does it to stimulate discussion, not to yell it at everyone until they are drowned out.

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 05:11:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

I love Felger.  I think he is the best on the radio these days.  It's nice to have an on air personality who challenges the audience, but then will actually have a relatively respectful give and take.

Most of the talking heads just yell over the callers and/or sound like shills for the team.  Felger takes ridiculous stances some times, but he does it to stimulate discussion, not to yell it at everyone until they are drowned out.

Felger's ridiculous opinions are just too much for me.  He is completely off the reservation 75% of the time (and that is being generous).  He just isn't a likeable personality.