Author Topic: Miami Heat PGs  (Read 3579 times)

Re: Miami Heat PGs
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
My point being that if we assume that all of Chalmers' minutes were with Lebron (+21 on 39 minutes) on the court, that Lebron was -20 in the 5 minutes Chalmers was on the bench, which is pretty significant.
One game is not "significant" in any form or shape.
I stated this in my OP; one game is not significant.  But it's still interesting to examine individual games for what they bring.  Wilt didn't average 100 points a game, but we still talk about the one that he did.  If we didn't discuss intricacies of individual games, why have a forum at all?

Chalmers didn't score 100 in this game either. He played 34 minutes and had 5 points, 2 boards, 4 assists and a steal. He isn't even the primary ball handler on offense. What would you think he could have possibly done to influence the outcome of the game to the extent his +/- numbers are showing?
I don't know, hence the thread.

So you think it's likely that he dominated the game to that level?

Re: Miami Heat PGs
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 02:08:02 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
My point being that if we assume that all of Chalmers' minutes were with Lebron (+21 on 39 minutes) on the court, that Lebron was -20 in the 5 minutes Chalmers was on the bench, which is pretty significant.
One game is not "significant" in any form or shape.
I stated this in my OP; one game is not significant.  But it's still interesting to examine individual games for what they bring.  Wilt didn't average 100 points a game, but we still talk about the one that he did.  If we didn't discuss intricacies of individual games, why have a forum at all?

Chalmers didn't score 100 in this game either. He played 34 minutes and had 5 points, 2 boards, 4 assists and a steal. He isn't even the primary ball handler on offense. What would you think he could have possibly done to influence the outcome of the game to the extent his +/- numbers are showing?
I don't know, hence the thread.

So you think it's likely that he dominated the game to that level?
Obviously not, however he could be influencing the game by floor spacing (threatening with the 3 point shot), or through other intangibles.  I really have no clue.  It is obvious, however, that the Miami Heat were -28 in the 14 minutes he wasn’t on the court, at least 5 of which Lebron was.  I didn’t see the game, therefore I have no insight to explain it.