Author Topic: Ryan not optimistic Rondo will learn  (Read 14033 times)

Re: Ryan not optimistic Rondo will learn
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 11:25:57 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Two Boston sportswriters with whom it's generally smart not to disagree when it comes to the Celtics:

Bob Ryan and Jackie MacMullen.

Jackie mac said a few days ago on Comcast that Rondo gets it now. She talked to people in the c's organization and they said Rondo wants to fit in better after seeing the little win streak .

So do you believe Ryan who is just stating his opinion , or Jackie Mac who actually talked to people in the organization ?

Or is Bob Ryan just running with what Jackie has reported.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 11:34:01 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Two Boston sportswriters with whom it's generally smart not to disagree when it comes to the Celtics:

Agreed....when it comes to the history of the 80s Celtics...their opinions now don't carry much weight over anyone else's at all to be quite honest

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 11:35:05 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
The all-bold posts are getting old.

is someone forcing you to read those???
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
We'll worry about that next year. Right now, I'm more concerned about what's going on with this current celtics team.

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't think I've agreed with much of what Bob Ryan has had to say for quite some years now.

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
None of these comments in here matter because Bob Ryan has been around the NBA and knows more about basketball than any of us here will in our lifetime.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 12:00:03 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Bob Ryan is overrated, never really liked him.

Jackie Mac is the only Boston writer I lend any credence to.

While I've never been a Ryan fan, he knows the C's as does Jackie Mac.  If you want to know what's going on, listen to them.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 12:05:08 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
None of these comments in here matter because Bob Ryan has been around the NBA and knows more about basketball than any of us here will in our lifetime.

Sigh...so his personal opinion on what a player may or may not learn from doesn't have anything to do with how long he's been around the league and certainly doesn't mean his personal opinion will be right....at all.

He's lost it, he may have great insight for the cowens and Bird Celtics but anything he spouts at this point is an opinion of a loopy old guy who didn't like the kg trade

Lol

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 12:07:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The all-bold posts are getting old.

is someone forcing you to read those???
Missed the memo on Internet etiquette, didn't we?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Bob Ryan is overrated, never really liked him.

Jackie Mac is the only Boston writer I lend any credence to.

While I've never been a Ryan fan, he knows the C's as does Jackie Mac.  If you want to know what's going on, listen to them.

What do they know about the current Celtics that isn't already readily available?

Sure they're great Celtics historians but like when Ryan had the opinion they'd just barely make the playoffs in 2007 after the kg trade...his opinion on rondo means absolutely nothing

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
He's right. Rondo needs to grow up. It's discussed year after year, and not much changes. If seeing how much his teammates enjoy playing without him won't, nothing will.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I've also heard rumors that Rondo is a little too stat driven. . .stopping by the scorers table, asking "how many I got?" during games.

Is the assumption that he doesn't realize that every arena in the league has a scoreboard with those numbers on it?

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 12:15:57 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

He's met more players than any of us probably ever will. If he knows more about basketball than most he does a masterful job of hiding that fact.

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 12:22:51 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
He's right. Rondo needs to grow up. It's discussed year after year, and not much changes. If seeing how much his teammates enjoy playing without him won't, nothing will.

Grow up how exactly? Never been in trouble off the court, doesn't throw Russell Westbrook like tantrums, or demand trades and quit like Chris Paul or get coaches fired and make them retire like deron Williams.

He's actually pretty poker faced and boring for his age

A 7 game sample size without him doesn't all of a sudden disprove the last 3 seasons of constant improvement and being one of the league's best point guards and playoff performers, sorry

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 12:26:44 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Well, this thread was as predictable as the sun rising in the morning ...
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."