Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484605 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)
« Reply #3315 on: February 24, 2013, 09:13:16 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

I did it once, because somebody accepted my deal too fast (sorry Truthfot) and it didn't feel right. If someone says "Yea" in like 5 seconds, it usually means it's so obviously favored towards them that they need to get the deal done ASAP.

This is a wrong reason to back out of a deal

« Reply #3316 on: February 24, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
To break up the arguing, I'm gonna make my coach pick.

Lionel Hollins

He knows how to be a champion - won a title as a player - and he knows how to develop young talent and get them all headed in the right direction. I think he's a good fit with my players.

Plus, as airbelinelli will tell you, I have a weird obsession with the Grizzlies.

Zach Randolph for your franchise! jk
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3317 on: February 24, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Again falling back on contract law, but an offer remains open until its rescinded.  If a deal is no longer on the table, do the other GM the courtesy of knowing that, especially if it was 5 minutes ago that you made the offer.

So basically, if you make an offer and don't rescind it, it could still be accepted say, thirty years later, and you would have to agree to it. (real life hehe)

I guess that's kind of weird, but I feel at some point, the contract should automatically become VOIDED for simply being too outdated.

A twelve-hour acceptance period, or the deal goes away ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3318 on: February 24, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I feel like if you offered a trade, but cancelled it before they accepted it... it's fine.

To be honest, I really think you can drop out of the deal any time before you send the confirmation message. If you send it, it's done. But, if you both agreed to it and one person didn't send a confirmation, said person should still be able to cancel.

It's not very nice, but it makes sense (to me at least). ;D

I did it once, because somebody accepted my deal too fast (sorry Truthfot) and it didn't feel right. If someone says "Yea" in like 5 seconds, it usually means it's so obviously favored towards them that they need to get the deal done ASAP.

Another time, I had a great deal but said that I wanted to think it over. When I finally said, "Let's do the deal," they cancelled it (that's you, AB!) and I didn't get my great deal :( But he should have been able to. I'm not against it (even though I'd have a cheaper PG and a star instead of Greivis)

So... yea. I think you should be able to withdraw anytime prior to messaging Roy (or other mod)

See this is where I have the problem.

I send offers as a feeler since you never know if you'll hear back from them. You are correct CC, unless both parties send it to Roy or other mods, it can't really be official. Also for some reason I can't see my sent box so I forget most offers I send.

Yeah, me neither. I think there's a box you can check for "save a copy in my inbox" though. I am too lazy to use it, so when someone says "wait let me consider that deal" I always have to respond "what deal? O_o o_O"

Haha yup!
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #3319 on: February 24, 2013, 09:19:32 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

He made a mistake and I gave him a hard time but it was so bad I knew it was a mistake. But go ahead and lead the mob of forcing the trade
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #3320 on: February 24, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
For their coach the Lakers select Larry Brown.

« Reply #3321 on: February 24, 2013, 09:25:42 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I'm a firm disbeliever in the coaches round, and I won't continue to bring it up but...

LARRY BROWN AND DWIGHT HOWARD?!

« Reply #3322 on: February 24, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Regarding the whole trade confirmation thing, this is what I usually do. If a GM offers me a deal and I accept. I usually re quote the original proposal and ask if they would still like to go along with it. Try to have the other GM confirm the deal multiple times. It might be a lot more complicated but it prevents any type of confusion and bad blood. Just my 2 cents.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #3323 on: February 24, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I'm a firm disbeliever in the coaches round, and I won't continue to bring it up but...

LARRY BROWN AND DWIGHT HOWARD?!
A match made in Laker Land alone.

« Reply #3324 on: February 24, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

He made a mistake and I gave him a hard time but it was so bad I knew it was a mistake. But go ahead and lead the mob of forcing the trade

Im not leading any mob but when someone sends a trade proposal and you accept it quickly person should still go through with deal

« Reply #3325 on: February 24, 2013, 09:34:59 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Im not leading any mob but when someone sends a trade proposal and you accept it quickly person should still go through with deal

Which is why it is probably bad practice to accept a deal so quickly.  Generally, I like to take my time and mull things over.

Personally, I don't think this a bad discussion to have.  Let's everyone get a feel for what other's expect.

« Reply #3326 on: February 24, 2013, 09:36:29 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Was thinking -

Wonder if we could make a short but sweet briefer to new draftees. Maybe some advice on trading. This draft was SO much better in the past cuz the new guys seemed to have a good idea of what they were doing, but we've seen so many times where superstars are being traded without even a mentioning of their availability.

One trick I use a lot is that in the early going if I'm going to make a trade I always ask for a mid round pick swap as a sweetener. A lot of times since the 4th or 5th round seems so far away people will miscalculate how big it is to slide 20 picks down.

« Reply #3327 on: February 24, 2013, 09:37:02 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
<-- Gimme dat star.

« Reply #3328 on: February 24, 2013, 09:45:28 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Which is why it is probably bad practice to accept a deal so quickly.  Generally, I like to take my time and mull things over.

Personally, I don't think this a bad discussion to have.  Let's everyone get a feel for what other's expect.

I think that "Generally, I like to take my time and mull things over." would change everything. When I made my bad deal, it was because it was so lopsided the other person could accept right away (in 5 seconds) and I would be forced to follow through on it.

If everyone took time, then there would be few lopsided deals... what is the point of this draft if there are no lopsided deals? ;D

Someone's gotta get scammed! :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #3329 on: February 24, 2013, 09:46:37 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I can see it now, the new to Celticsblog drafts primer:

1. Don't trade with Roy
2. Be careful of IP hyping his players
3. Always agree to a deal with Rebus, he's Canadian.