Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484071 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)
« Reply #3285 on: February 24, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Fun fact about Ryan Anderson: Among qualifying power forwards (IE, those who play at least 6 minutes per game), he ranks 7th in estimated wins added (EWA) with 6.7. That means its estimated he adds nearly 7 wins per season over what the average NBA power forward would contribute. The guys ahead of him are Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, LaMarcus Aldridge, David Lee, David West, and Paul Millsap.

Did you guys also know that even on a bad team like New Orleans, Ryan Anderson still outscores opposing 4's by 8 points per 48 minutes, and limits his man to just a 13.5 PER, while chipping in a PER of 19.0 himself? Were you aware that on the Magic, next to a more dominant center, his numbers were usually better?

Ryan Anderson, the ideal guy to put next to your coveted center to take your team to the next level. He ain't cheap, but he's on the block, and I will move him. Separate yourself from the pack, be a lead dog. Go out and get Ryan Anderson.

Well, you have a top-2 dominant Center on your team, so why are you trading Anderson?

Seems like someone may be doubting said center's chances of a comeback ;D

No, just figuring that I've got something people want, and seeing what I can get for him. I don't doubt Bynum coming back, but I do doubt my ability to find the talent I want to round out my team with the remaining picks.

So I think I can afford to lessen my talent at the 4 if it means I'm getting a return I feel is favorable.

Ryan Anderson is probably one of the best players in the league to put with Bynum. I dunno what you're looking for, short of LeBron

Its why i drafted him. He also happens to be an ideal 4 for lots of other teams too. That's why I'll probably trade him.

Ideally, a 15 year advancement in medical science would probably be the best pairing for Andrew Bynum

« Reply #3286 on: February 24, 2013, 07:15:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3287 on: February 24, 2013, 07:15:32 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Im open to offers

« Reply #3288 on: February 24, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Rumour has it IP is contacting this company called Skynet to fix Bynum. Hey it may mean the end of humanity but IP has a team to build. ;D

« Reply #3289 on: February 24, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Rumour has it IP is contacting this company called Skynet to fix Bynum. Hey it may mean the end of humanity but IP has a team to build. ;D

Knowing the man's level of dedication to these things he's probably pouring through pages of medical science magazines to find an example that proves Bynum will come back healthy and ready to kill.

« Reply #3290 on: February 24, 2013, 07:55:12 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
A piece of advice for some of the new gm's, and feel free to ignore me if you want.   If you propose a trade consider it like yahoo fantasy sports, once it's proposed, if the proposal is accepted the deal is consummated.  Once it is accepted is not the time that you consider whether or not you want to do it or shop for better offers

Exactly I've already had 2 guys do this to me but since its the Pick2 i guess you just have to let it slide

« Reply #3291 on: February 24, 2013, 07:56:40 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
A piece of advice for some of the new gm's, and feel free to ignore me if you want.   If you propose a trade consider it like yahoo fantasy sports, once it's proposed, if the proposal is accepted the deal is consummated.  Once it is accepted is not the time that you consider whether or not you want to do it or shop for better offers

Exactly I've already had 2 guys do this to me but since its the Pick2 i guess you just have to let it slide

Is it bad to drop at the last second? Happens all the time in the real NBA (not saying I support it!! i know it is annoying!!)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3292 on: February 24, 2013, 07:58:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Fun fact about Ryan Anderson: Among qualifying power forwards (IE, those who play at least 6 minutes per game), he ranks 7th in estimated wins added (EWA) with 6.7. That means its estimated he adds nearly 7 wins per season over what the average NBA power forward would contribute. The guys ahead of him are Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, LaMarcus Aldridge, David Lee, David West, and Paul Millsap.

Did you guys also know that even on a bad team like New Orleans, Ryan Anderson still outscores opposing 4's by 8 points per 48 minutes, and limits his man to just a 13.5 PER, while chipping in a PER of 19.0 himself? Were you aware that on the Magic, next to a more dominant center, his numbers were usually better?

Ryan Anderson, the ideal guy to put next to your coveted center to take your team to the next level. He ain't cheap, but he's on the block, and I will move him. Separate yourself from the pack, be a lead dog. Go out and get Ryan Anderson.

Well, you have a top-2 dominant Center on your team, so why are you trading Anderson?

No, just figuring that I've got something people want, and seeing what I can get for him. I don't doubt Bynum coming back, but I do doubt my ability to find the talent I want to round out my team with the remaining picks.

So I think I can afford to lessen my talent at the 4 if it means I'm getting a return I feel is favorable.

Ryan Anderson is probably one of the best players in the league to put with Bynum. I dunno what you're looking for, short of LeBron

Its why i drafted him. He also happens to be an ideal 4 for lots of other teams too. That's why I'll probably trade him.

Ideally, a 15 year advancement in medical science would probably be the best pairing for Andrew Bynum

I know that's a need, but I was planning on drafting a time machine and holding it ransom over you. That, way, you draft 15 years medical advancement, and I trade you a time machine, and suddenly we're both relevant!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3293 on: February 24, 2013, 07:59:03 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Is it bad to drop at the last second? Happens all the time in the real NBA

If you have both agree to it yes.

Its like i tell you will you do

Kobe/Duncan

for

Lebron/Howard

And you say yes i cant be like oh i wont do it i got a better offer when i was the one who proposed it to you

« Reply #3294 on: February 24, 2013, 08:05:41 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Kobe/Duncan

for

Lebron/Howard

And you say yes i cant be like oh i wont do it i got a better offer when i was the one who proposed it to you

So the GM who offered me Klay Thompson for some middle round picks should have been forced to go through with it? I would have liked it but it didn't happen.

As I've told people, play the team you have, not the one you might have if a trade happens.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #3295 on: February 24, 2013, 08:08:43 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

I know that's a need, but I was planning on drafting a time machine and holding it ransom over you. That, way, you draft 15 years medical advancement, and I trade you a time machine, and suddenly we're both relevant!

Dont know how much id be willing to give up to go from two all stars to three.

« Reply #3296 on: February 24, 2013, 08:12:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Kobe/Duncan

for

Lebron/Howard

So the GM who offered me Klay Thompson for some middle round picks should have been forced to go through with it? I would have liked it but it didn't happen.

As I've told people, play the team you have, not the one you might have if a trade happens.

I tend to agree with Rondo here.  In legal terms, a contract is an offer, plus acceptance.  Once that happens, both parties are bound.  If we were more cutthroat in this draft, I'd hold people to that.

Here's an easy way around that:  phrase your trade offers in a non-binding way, such as "I'm not sure if I'd do this, but what do you think about X for Y?"  It doesn't have to be that exact language, but something that conveys that you're pondering multiple scenarios.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3297 on: February 24, 2013, 08:13:50 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Kobe/Duncan

for

Lebron/Howard

See what your saying is if someone else does it then i can do it, two wrongs dont make a right

« Reply #3298 on: February 24, 2013, 08:18:14 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Kobe/Duncan

for

Lebron/Howard

I tend to agree with Rondo here.  In legal terms, a contract is an offer, plus acceptance.  Once that happens, both parties are bound.  If we were more cutthroat in this draft, I'd hold people to that.

Here's an easy way around that:  phrase your trade offers in a non-binding way, such as "I'm not sure if I'd do this, but what do you think about X for Y?"  It doesn't have to be that exact language, but something that conveys that you're pondering multiple scenarios.

Exactly and then once you feel good about the trade you propose

for

and if the person accepts there is no backing out or saying ill also need your third or i got a better offer so you will have to beat it

« Reply #3299 on: February 24, 2013, 08:26:32 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Kobe/Duncan

for

Lebron/Howard

See what your saying is if someone else does it then i can do it, two wrongs dont make a right

I don't remember writing those words. My point was it's not an isolated incident by or against one person. It's not ideal for anyone involved.

And what;s the difference between offering player A and B as opposed to asking how they feel about doing a trade for players A and B? Both sound like an offer to me and I know this can be confusing. Perhaps work in a draft rule regarding trade talk lingo?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)