Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484185 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)
« Reply #3270 on: February 24, 2013, 06:02:55 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Fun fact about Ryan Anderson: Among qualifying power forwards (IE, those who play at least 6 minutes per game), he ranks 7th in estimated wins added (EWA) with 6.7. That means its estimated he adds nearly 7 wins per season over what the average NBA power forward would contribute. The guys ahead of him are Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, LaMarcus Aldridge, David Lee, David West, and Paul Millsap.

Did you guys also know that even on a bad team like New Orleans, Ryan Anderson still outscores opposing 4's by 8 points per 48 minutes, and limits his man to just a 13.5 PER, while chipping in a PER of 19.0 himself? Were you aware that on the Magic, next to a more dominant center, his numbers were usually better?

Ryan Anderson, the ideal guy to put next to your coveted center to take your team to the next level. He ain't cheap, but he's on the block, and I will move him. Separate yourself from the pack, be a lead dog. Go out and get Ryan Anderson.

Well, you have a top-2 dominant Center on your team, so why are you trading Anderson?

Seems like someone may be doubting said center's chances of a comeback ;D

No, just figuring that I've got something people want, and seeing what I can get for him. I don't doubt Bynum coming back, but I do doubt my ability to find the talent I want to round out my team with the remaining picks.

So I think I can afford to lessen my talent at the 4 if it means I'm getting a return I feel is favorable.

Ryan Anderson is probably one of the best players in the league to put with Bynum. I dunno what you're looking for, short of LeBron

Its why i drafted him. He also happens to be an ideal 4 for lots of other teams too. That's why I'll probably trade him.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3271 on: February 24, 2013, 06:09:43 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Fun fact about Ryan Anderson: Among qualifying power forwards (IE, those who play at least 6 minutes per game), he ranks 7th in estimated wins added (EWA) with 6.7. That means its estimated he adds nearly 7 wins per season over what the average NBA power forward would contribute. The guys ahead of him are Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, LaMarcus Aldridge, David Lee, David West, and Paul Millsap.

Did you guys also know that even on a bad team like New Orleans, Ryan Anderson still outscores opposing 4's by 8 points per 48 minutes, and limits his man to just a 13.5 PER, while chipping in a PER of 19.0 himself? Were you aware that on the Magic, next to a more dominant center, his numbers were usually better?

Ryan Anderson, the ideal guy to put next to your coveted center to take your team to the next level. He ain't cheap, but he's on the block, and I will move him. Separate yourself from the pack, be a lead dog. Go out and get Ryan Anderson.

Well, you have a top-2 dominant Center on your team, so why are you trading Anderson?

He's just trying to trick some unsuspecting GM into a bad deal for his mediocre PF.

He's targeting Kawhi.  I guarantee it.

Let's just say that the asking price for Anderson  is high, really high, too high
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #3272 on: February 24, 2013, 06:11:02 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Carlos Boozer will be excellent in the Triangle.

Very similar to an old Karl Malone in terms of his skill-set offensively with his high BBIQ, strong passing, tough screens, strong two point jump-shooting and solid finishing around the basket. Excellent fit.

It is Brook Lopez that I be worried about in the Triangle. A non-passer like B.Lopez at center in an offense that relies so heavily on it's center to move the ball. Bad combination. Not a Phil Jackson player for me. It is going to take a lot of growth from B.Lopez for him to make it under Phil.

I think Matt Barnes had a lot of trouble with the Triangle too when he was in LA. Didn't he complain about the Triangle? That he had problems learning it? It was too different to other offenses in the league? That he didn't understand it well enough.

« Reply #3273 on: February 24, 2013, 06:12:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

He's just trying to trick some unsuspecting GM into a bad deal for his mediocre PF.

He's targeting Kawhi.  I guarantee it.

Leonard ain't happening, moved on. Couldn't find a deal.

But for the record, my mediocre next to your center in place of your power forward makes your team a better one. Better offense (more suited to running the triangle with Lopez), better defense (you'll be able to defend power forwards at an NBA level now), and he's cheaper.

So even though Boozer has better DRtg and DWS numbers THIS SEASON, and for his entire career, you're telling me Anderson is the better defender?

« Reply #3274 on: February 24, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
I think Ryan Anderson might be the new Kyle Lowry of IP :o
Pick 2 Heat: 

« Reply #3275 on: February 24, 2013, 06:16:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think Ryan Anderson might be the new Kyle Lowry of IP :o

Hatin on Kyle Lowry is for losers. He'll bounce back.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3276 on: February 24, 2013, 06:19:18 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Very similar to an old Karl Malone in terms of his skill-set offensively with his high BBIQ, strong passing, tough screens, strong two point jump-shooting and solid finishing around the basket. Excellent fit.

It is Brook Lopez that I be worried about in the Triangle. A non-passer like B.Lopez at center in an offense that relies so heavily on it's center to move the ball. Bad combination. Not a Phil Jackson player for me. It is going to take a lot of growth from B.Lopez for him to make it under Phil.

I think Matt Barnes had a lot of trouble with the Triangle too when he was in LA. Didn't he complain about the Triangle? That he had problems learning it? It was too different to other offenses in the league? That he didn't understand it well enough.

Barnes is the one guy in my line-up I am not in love with.  Ideally, I'll find a better starting SF here shortly.  I'm not going to ask him to do anything besides play defense, rebound, and hit ocassional 3's.  He's perfectly capable of doing all three, just better suited to a bench role.

Lopez should be fine, in my opinion.  He's fairly equal to Bynum on the offensive end.

« Reply #3277 on: February 24, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
So for the month of February Jeff Teague has averaged

18 points
9 assists
2 rebounds
1 steal

all while shooting 50%

not saying I'm looking to trade him, just saying  ;D

Edit: oh yeah, all that for a measly 2.4mill a year
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3278 on: February 24, 2013, 06:36:44 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Also, for those of you shopping for a PG, In the month of February Kemba Walker is averaging

17 points
5 assist
3 rebounds
1.7 steals

oh and there's this little snippet from rotoworld

Walker is on fire, scoring at least 24 points in three straight games, is shooting lights-out, and the Bobcats are showing no signs of reeling him in. He's had a great season and along with Greivis Vasquez, has been one of the most pleasant point guard surprises of the season
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3279 on: February 24, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Also, for those of you shopping for a PG, In the month of February Kemba Walker is averaging

17 points
5 assist
3 rebounds
1.7 steals

oh and there's this little snippet from rotoworld

Walker is on fire, scoring at least 24 points in three straight games, is shooting lights-out, and the Bobcats are showing no signs of reeling him in. He's had a great season and along with Greivis Vasquez, has been one of the most pleasant point guard surprises of the season

Yea, Greivis!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3280 on: February 24, 2013, 06:39:50 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Offensively he was a mess in the triangle.

Neither him or Artest ever seemed to really figure it out.

« Reply #3281 on: February 24, 2013, 06:43:42 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
Kawhi Leonard/Gerald Wallace on the block for your starting PF
Pick 2 Heat: 

« Reply #3282 on: February 24, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
A piece of advice for some of the new gm's, and feel free to ignore me if you want.   If you propose a trade consider it like yahoo fantasy sports, once it's proposed, if the proposal is accepted the deal is consummated.  Once it is accepted is not the time that you consider whether or not you want to do it or shop for better offers
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3283 on: February 24, 2013, 07:05:08 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
A piece of advice for some of the new gm's, and feel free to ignore me if you want.   If you propose a trade consider it like yahoo fantasy sports, once it's proposed, if the proposal is accepted the deal is consummated.  Once it is accepted is not the time that you consider whether or not you want to do it or shop for better offers

Which is why I generally use vague teams when I'm proposing a term. "Hypothetically..." , "How do you feel a trade centering around...."

« Reply #3284 on: February 24, 2013, 07:07:10 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton

Which is why I generally use vague teams when I'm proposing a term. "Hypothetically..." , "How do you feel a trade centering around...."

Exactly you have to word it carefully
Pick 2 Heat: