Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484136 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)
« Reply #3255 on: February 24, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm willing to trade my coach pick and my 11th rounder for Popovich or Thibs

No trading coaches picks.  (I know you picked already, but somebody inevitably asks this question.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3256 on: February 24, 2013, 05:00:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
AB_Celtic is on the clock until 8am.  If he picks, the next person has until 8am, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3257 on: February 24, 2013, 05:15:59 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Bored, looking to make a trade, I'd Like a starting PF, could part with kawhi if you play your cards right. :o
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #3258 on: February 24, 2013, 05:45:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Fun fact about Ryan Anderson: Among qualifying power forwards (IE, those who play at least 6 minutes per game), he ranks 7th in estimated wins added (EWA) with 6.7. That means its estimated he adds nearly 7 wins per season over what the average NBA power forward would contribute. The guys ahead of him are Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, LaMarcus Aldridge, David Lee, David West, and Paul Millsap.

Did you guys also know that even on a bad team like New Orleans, Ryan Anderson still outscores opposing 4's by 8 points per 48 minutes, and limits his man to just a 13.5 PER, while chipping in a PER of 19.0 himself? Were you aware that on the Magic, next to a more dominant center, his numbers were usually better?

Ryan Anderson, the ideal guy to put next to your coveted center to take your team to the next level. He ain't cheap, but he's on the block, and I will move him. Separate yourself from the pack, be a lead dog. Go out and get Ryan Anderson.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3259 on: February 24, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Fun fact about Ryan Anderson: Among qualifying power forwards (IE, those who play at least 6 minutes per game), he ranks 7th in estimated wins added (EWA) with 6.7. That means its estimated he adds nearly 7 wins per season over what the average NBA power forward would contribute. The guys ahead of him are Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, LaMarcus Aldridge, David Lee, David West, and Paul Millsap.

Did you guys also know that even on a bad team like New Orleans, Ryan Anderson still outscores opposing 4's by 8 points per 48 minutes, and limits his man to just a 13.5 PER, while chipping in a PER of 19.0 himself? Were you aware that on the Magic, next to a more dominant center, his numbers were usually better?

Ryan Anderson, the ideal guy to put next to your coveted center to take your team to the next level. He ain't cheap, but he's on the block, and I will move him. Separate yourself from the pack, be a lead dog. Go out and get Ryan Anderson.

Well, you have a top-2 dominant Center on your team, so why are you trading Anderson?

Seems like someone may be doubting said center's chances of a comeback ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3260 on: February 24, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Well, you have a top-2 dominant Center on your team, so why are you trading Anderson?

No, just figuring that I've got something people want, and seeing what I can get for him. I don't doubt Bynum coming back, but I do doubt my ability to find the talent I want to round out my team with the remaining picks.

So I think I can afford to lessen my talent at the 4 if it means I'm getting a return I feel is favorable.

« Reply #3261 on: February 24, 2013, 05:49:58 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

He's just trying to trick some unsuspecting GM into a bad deal for his mediocre PF.

He's targeting Kawhi.  I guarantee it.

« Reply #3262 on: February 24, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

He's just trying to trick some unsuspecting GM into a bad deal for his mediocre PF.

The PF is not mediocre, but the C is tied for least points scored, least rebounds, least assists, least blocks, and least steals this season.

At least he's not fouling as much...?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3263 on: February 24, 2013, 05:51:39 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

good sales pitch lol if I had a center such as Dwight I may give you a call.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3264 on: February 24, 2013, 05:53:08 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
6.1 is on the block folks...if your guy is still out there gimmie a PM

considering some deals already proposed for it but will listen to all offers
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3265 on: February 24, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would be very reluctant to part with Ryan Anderson on a team with Kyrie Irving (dribble penetration) and Andrew Bynum (post threat).

Ryan Anderson would have such a massive effect on that team's offense with his prolific and accurate long distance shooting at the big forward position.

R.Anderson makes it so difficult for any opposing team to send effective help defense onto Kyrie's dribble drive game and/or A.Bynum's low post scoring. It's that lack of help defense and/or inability to help and recover that is so key. Creates so many higher percentage scoring opportunities not just for himself but for others.

« Reply #3266 on: February 24, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

He's targeting Kawhi.  I guarantee it.

Leonard ain't happening, moved on. Couldn't find a deal.

But for the record, my mediocre next to your center in place of your power forward makes your team a better one. Better offense (more suited to running the triangle with Lopez), better defense (you'll be able to defend power forwards at an NBA level now), and he's cheaper.

« Reply #3267 on: February 24, 2013, 05:59:47 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
IP, if you need a third team to get a deal done, Portland will be your marionberry.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3268 on: February 24, 2013, 06:00:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I would be very reluctant to part with Ryan Anderson on a team with Kyrie Irving (dribble penetration) and Andrew Bynum (post threat).

Ryan Anderson would have such a massive effect on that team's offense with his prolific and accurate long distance shooting at the big forward position.

R.Anderson makes it so difficult for any opposing team to send effective help defense onto Kyrie's dribble drive game and/or A.Bynum's low post scoring. It's that lack of help defense and/or inability to help and recover that is so key. Creates so many higher percentage scoring opportunities not just for himself but for others.

And folks, that's why my price tag is so high. Its not my fault I got to draft him. The draft works in mysterious ways.

« Reply #3269 on: February 24, 2013, 06:01:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

No, just figuring that I've got something people want, and seeing what I can get for him. I don't doubt Bynum coming back, but I do doubt my ability to find the talent I want to round out my team with the remaining picks.

So I think I can afford to lessen my talent at the 4 if it means I'm getting a return I feel is favorable.

Ryan Anderson is probably one of the best players in the league to put with Bynum. I dunno what you're looking for, short of LeBron ;D

Scoring from everywhere!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]