Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484210 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #2790 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:08 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Trade:

San Antonio trades 5.20, 5.26
Portland trades 6.17, 8.6, 10.17

Utter highway robbery here folks. Cats and dogs, living together.

Can we count on the commish to veto this?

Not tonight. I'm sure Roy will look at it tomorrow.

I know part of CelticsFan's motivation to move the picks is cuz he won't be available to draft at those times, or probably won't. Which is understandable to some degree why you might be willing to lose out on a trade a little, but c'mone mane.

I suppose that is understandable from a motivation standpoint, just seems like someone got taken advantage of here.

Personally, I would just let myself get skipped, and then make sure to make those picks sometime before midnight.  Essentially you'd be turning the 5.20 and 5.26 into the 5.27 and 5.28.

Just my two cent, and I really don't know all the details.  Last I'll say about it.

« Reply #2791 on: February 22, 2013, 12:47:11 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
They'll sort it out, keep calm and carry on, erryone.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2792 on: February 22, 2013, 07:57:01 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Lets get ready to rumblleeeeeee
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2793 on: February 22, 2013, 08:10:12 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Congrats to IP. Pregnancy is a joy, but a stressful joy. Great news.

In terms of the deal, it's terrible, and I can see why other GMs feel a bit bamboozled. Still, 1) Itrust there was no collusion, and 2) this draft is for fun. No veto. If the GMs want to renegotiate to smooth things over with their peers, I have no objection.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2794 on: February 22, 2013, 08:14:10 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Good morning CB!

Can we (or do we) have an updated pick schedule for today? Still looking for an earlier 5th
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #2795 on: February 22, 2013, 08:16:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Good morning CB!

Can we (or do we) have an updated pick schedule for today? Still looking for an earlier 5th

Did you and Rondo agree on a trade last night? I never got a second confirmation.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2796 on: February 22, 2013, 08:19:09 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Congrats on the news IP. 

saw the name options proposed and I think a better name would be Pierce Indeed Proceed because I know your kid will be a PIP   ;D
Just don't name him/her Lucky Indeed Proceed because I know you don't want no LIP.

I could just go on for days with this but congrats on the test results!

« Reply #2797 on: February 22, 2013, 08:19:27 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Last night I had a trade proposed to me, i accepted, sent to the commisioner and planned out the my draft strategy for the day.  the person that proposed it has now backed out. 

If anybody wants to know more details so they know not to do business with the person in the future feel free to email me.  Edgehead2287@yahoo.com
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2798 on: February 22, 2013, 08:37:02 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Top of the mornin to ya! No picks but still here to watch
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #2799 on: February 22, 2013, 08:50:44 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Last night I had a trade proposed to me, i accepted, sent to the commisioner and planned out the my draft strategy for the day.  the person that proposed it has now backed out. 

If anybody wants to know more details so they know not to do business with the person in the future feel free to email me.  Edgehead2287@yahoo.com

For you to be that mad it seems like you were getting a bargain if anything i think you should move on this happened to me also and i was mad but oh well you move on

« Reply #2800 on: February 22, 2013, 08:53:30 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

For you to be that mad it seems like you were getting a bargain if anything i think you should move on this happened to me also and i was mad but oh well you move on

Not really mad about the value I was getting in the trade, mad that somebody would do that.  Its not something I would consider doing, infact I have rethought trades but still gone through with them because I was a man of my word. 

Others on the board here can attest to that.

« Reply #2801 on: February 22, 2013, 08:54:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Eh.  I'd say just let it go.  My take is that folks shouldn't back out of deals that they've agreed to.  At the same time, this is for fun, and it was another one of those deals that's right on the verge of veto territory (although it would have been approved.)  At the end of the day, there's no real harm done other than some wasted time and a loss of trust.

« Reply #2802 on: February 22, 2013, 08:55:10 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

See it DOES happen. Roy can confirm the deal sent to me was very lopsided
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #2803 on: February 22, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I won't be here at pick time so I'll go now.

New York will bolster their perimeter shooting by grabbing Randy Foye and his 42.4% 3 pt shooting.  Randy will start at the 2 situationally and do some spot PG work too.

« Reply #2804 on: February 22, 2013, 09:04:57 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

See it DOES happen. Roy can confirm the deal sent to me was very lopsided

2 wrongs don't make a right my friend.  Does happen, but it shouldnt.  Oh well, im ready to move on.

I have sent my list for pick 5.5 to Start Orien since I will be in a meeting.