Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484609 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #2430 on: February 20, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Funny, it seems like not nearly as many trades going down today

I think there were a flurry of trades in the first few days while people figured out where they were going with their team.  Now, most people have a direction in mind and things aren't quite so crazy.

My guess is that there will be another flurry of trades in the middle-to-end of the draft as people realize that they're stuck up against the cap and near to clear some money, or are way underneath the floor and need to eat a bad contract.  In the meantime, people are putting feelers out here and there but otherwise seem content to finish out their team through the draft.

well said. it just seemed funny how active people have been up until today. you're likely right though.
I think this is a pretty good assessment.  I think there'll be more people looking to get under the cap than up to the min.  I think that's when you'll see the teams that have plenty of cap space be able to squeeze a good deal from those that have to choose between trading for lesser/cheaper talent or picking a vet min guy that's only playing at a vet min level

« Reply #2431 on: February 20, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Funny, it seems like not nearly as many trades going down today

Cuz I haven't been sending any PMs out  ;D ;D ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2432 on: February 20, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Suns trade boozer 4.1

Nets trade Leonard 4.24

Confirmed.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2433 on: February 20, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Suns trade boozer 4.1

Nets trade Leonard 4.24

Confirmed.

This deal works out well for both teams

Nets: get a good starting PF
Suns: reduce cap space by 13 million

« Reply #2434 on: February 20, 2013, 06:45:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Suns trade boozer 4.1

Nets trade Leonard 4.24

Confirmed.

I don't like that for New Jersey. Individual talent downgrade. A dodgy defensive big man alongside B.Lopez is a bad fit. Plus, it's a load of extra salary (for an inferior player).

Excellent move for Phoenix. Kawhi Leonard is a great fit alongside D-Wade on the wing. A very athletic and active defensive duo on the wings. Plus, Dragic at the point. Terrific perimeter defense all round. Gortat in the paint as a defensive anchor and shot-blocker. They should have a very strong defensive unit.

« Reply #2435 on: February 20, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Suns trade boozer 4.1

Nets trade Leonard 4.24

Confirmed.

I don't like that for New Jersey. Individual talent downgrade. A dodgy defensive big man alongside B.Lopez is a bad fit. Plus, it's a load of extra salary (for an inferior player).

Excellent move for Phoenix. Kawhi Leonard is a great fit alongside D-Wade on the wing. A very athletic and active defensive duo on the wings. Plus, Dragic at the point. Terrific perimeter defense all round. Gortat in the paint as a defensive anchor and shot-blocker. They should have a very strong defensive unit.

Wait did you just say that Kawhi is better than Boozer? Of course i might have read wrong but if you said that than you're wrong at this stage Boozer is better than Kawhi but Kawhi does have a lot of potential

« Reply #2436 on: February 20, 2013, 06:51:59 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Not a fan of that for NJ
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #2437 on: February 20, 2013, 06:52:29 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
All players available  8)

« Reply #2438 on: February 20, 2013, 06:53:13 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I concur with Who, Leonard is a better fit. Boozer doesn't fit well with Lopez as both are poor defenders. Plus Boozer is overpaid in this game at 15 million.

« Reply #2439 on: February 20, 2013, 06:54:18 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I think Kawhi was a great pickup. Boozer has a pretty toxic contract for anyone who doesn't ABSOLUTELY need him
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2440 on: February 20, 2013, 06:55:21 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
I think Kawhi was a great pickup. Boozer has a pretty toxic contract for anyone who doesn't ABSOLUTELY need him

I agree with this, the thing is though Brooklyn can afford Boozer since they have $13 more million than most of us :(

« Reply #2441 on: February 20, 2013, 06:56:09 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222

I needed to shed money, kawhi was too good to pass up, plus I can just slide Gerald Wallace to PF, I liked boozer but with salary caps turned on I had to move him or I'd have no bench
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #2442 on: February 20, 2013, 06:57:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Suns trade boozer 4.1

Nets trade Leonard 4.24

Confirmed.

Wait did you just say that Kawhi is better than Boozer? Of course i might have read wrong but if you said that than you're wrong at this stage Boozer is better than Kawhi but Kawhi does have a lot of potential

Yes, I did.

Kawhi is in that Shane Battier (at his peak) type zone where even as a role player he is more valuable than many low level stars.

Like Battier, Kawhi hardly puts a foot wrong on the court. Almost every contribution he makes to his team is a positive one.

A guy like Boozer, the positive contributions he makes may be higher than Kawhi's but so too are his negative contributions (his lousy defense) and the net contributions (positives minus negatives) for me brings less to the table than Kawhi does.

« Reply #2443 on: February 20, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

I needed to shed money, kawhi was too good to pass up, plus I can just slide Gerald Wallace to PF, I liked boozer but with salary caps turned on I had to move him or I'd have no bench

I don't like the PF in your sig at all, he needs to be a SF (whether off the bench or in a big lineup with your 3). You need a real PF who's cheaper and can make jump shots
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #2444 on: February 20, 2013, 07:00:46 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

I don't like the PF in your sig at all, he needs to be a SF (whether off the bench or in a big lineup with your 3). You need a real PF who's cheaper and can make jump shots

Gerald Wallace is actually a pretty effective PF well at least last year he was i dont know about this year