Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 487871 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #960 on: February 17, 2013, 11:56:05 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I hope you guys like playing against a full court press, cuz AB and Wall are pretty [dang] good at it.

I got those two, plus two firsts (albeit late ones).  I'm building for the future, and the future looks bright.*

*I gotta get those two to get solid jumpers, or else the future's going to be full of bricks AND brightness.

Well it makes sense you have two 1st rounders but if im correct you have no 2nd rounders nor 3rd rounders, right? so thats kind of tough, im hoping youre going into an all out rebuilding mode as there is still some young gems

Two 1st rounders are better than one 2nd rounder and one 3rd rounder though. After round one, it's going to be tough to find quality starters.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #961 on: February 17, 2013, 11:56:23 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Can someone do me a favor and put both the Wall trade and the Duncan trade in one post without the quote script? It's a PITA to do in my phone, and Indont want the trades to get lost in the shuffle.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #962 on: February 17, 2013, 11:56:52 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Trade Confirmed:

Spurs Trade: Tony Parker, 3.28

For

Wizards Trade: John Wall

I don't really follow this trade for Washington.

Gotta trade Beal, right?

High draft pick (8th I think) in the first round. Parker and a high pick is an interesting duo to build around. Swap Beal for something useful and they could have a nice team there.

I would've thought building around John Wall would've been a lot of fun though. Nice young player to build around.

« Reply #963 on: February 17, 2013, 11:57:07 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Not wild about John Wall and Bradley together. It puts a lot of pressure on your frontcourt to supply jump-shooting. Limits one's options in terms of who you can slot alongside them.

I'd love to see Wall in a pick and roll centric offense surround by shooters. A nice four out one in offense. With his explosive quickness and dribble penetration, Wall would be a nightmare to contain.

that is type of team im going to try to build around Jrue

Except Jrue's not the same calibre of player off the bounce as Wall.

« Reply #964 on: February 17, 2013, 11:58:29 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I was actually set on going young in this draft, but the opportunity to get Parker was too good to pass up.  He's arguably the most overlooked star in the league (look up his numbers this year, seriously), he's still only 30 and he's affordable.  Couldn't say no to that.

Also, I'm looking to deal Beal aka Eric-Gordon-but-actually-healthy for a pick or a big man.  Hit me up if you're interested. 

« Reply #965 on: February 17, 2013, 11:58:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I'm more curious as to what direction the Spurs go with parker and bradley and two later firsts

Gonna be tough to add a quality big man that late in the 1st round.

Yeah, that would be my main concern.

« Reply #966 on: February 18, 2013, 12:01:41 AM »

Offline airbelinelli

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • Derrick Rose is year-to-year
Still here looking to deal if anyone is interested... deals just havent worked out for me so far
CB Draft: Golden State Warriors - 14.23
PG: Bledsoe/Lin/ Harris
SG: Beal/ Henderson/ Ingram
SF: Winslow/McDermott/
PF: Turner/ Acy / Hernangomez
C: Adams/ Turner/ McRoberts
DKC Nets: http://tinyurl.com/h5mdvwj

« Reply #967 on: February 18, 2013, 12:02:05 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Trade confirmed:

Spurs send: Tim Duncan, 2.28, 4.28

to

Celtics for: Avery Bradley, 1.20, 5.20

Trade Confirmed:

For

Combined: the Spurs trade both keepers, and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders for John Wall, Avery Bradley, 1.20, and 5.20
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #968 on: February 18, 2013, 12:02:17 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Not wild about John Wall and Bradley together. It puts a lot of pressure on your frontcourt to supply jump-shooting. Limits one's options in terms of who you can slot alongside them.

I'd love to see Wall in a pick and roll centric offense surround by shooters. A nice four out one in offense. With his explosive quickness and dribble penetration, Wall would be a nightmare to contain.

that is type of team im going to try to build around Jrue

Except Jrue's not the same calibre of player off the bounce as Wall.

I would go with a more Detroit Pistons circa 2004 type team around Jrue Holiday + Josh Smith.

« Reply #969 on: February 18, 2013, 12:03:57 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I'm more curious as to what direction the Spurs go with parker and bradley and two later firsts

Gonna be tough to add a quality big man that late in the 1st round.

Yeah, that would be my main concern.

I've got a quality big in mind who will definitely be available at the end of the first round.

I'll probably get a swing man with the other first.  I have two or three in mind.

Then, I can find a stretch four in the fifth round.  There's plenty to choose from in the NBA.

I'm rebuilding, looking for small contracts, but also guys who can be future assets based on development.

« Reply #970 on: February 18, 2013, 12:04:51 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Trade confirmed:

to

Trade Confirmed:

For

« Reply #971 on: February 18, 2013, 12:07:56 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

Trade confirmed:

to

Trade Confirmed:

For

So to put it in simpler terms
John Wall-starter potential star
Avery Bradley-starter-potential semi star
1st rounder
5th rounder
1st rounder-potential star

« Reply #972 on: February 18, 2013, 12:11:37 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Combined: the Spurs trade both keepers, and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders for John Wall, Avery Bradley, 1.20, and 5.20

When put in this perspective, this doesn't look so good for the Spurs.

It's possible, but gonna take a little luck and wise drafting with those 2 late 1st's.

« Reply #973 on: February 18, 2013, 12:13:06 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

When put in this perspective, this doesn't look so good for the Spurs.

It's possible, but gonna take a little luck and wise drafting with those 2 late 1st's.

I know exactly who he is getting for both 1st thats if they are still available
as for the 5th rounder i dont know but it will be a nice rebuilding team

« Reply #974 on: February 18, 2013, 12:13:36 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Also, per Andrew Bynum, and alleged 'hate', keep hatin, haters. Bynum pulled down 18 and 12 last year, clearly the second best center in basketball. Yes, he's been injured this season, but my main building block is Kyrie Irving, a young man who at a tender age of 21 is barely scratching the surface of his talent. I'm not just playing for this season, I'm playing for the future as well. So I've of the opportunity to buy low on a 25 year old center who is locked up long term, to pair with my 21 year old all-star and my 22 year old 15 and 10 power forward.

So I guess Im not really sure where the hate comes into it. 18 and 12, 60 TS%, already got an allstar appearance. Even if he doesn't play a game til next season (which will not be the case, I believe he'll be playing by the end of the month), how is it not a no-brainer to acquire him?

Because, what if he comes back next season and gets injured again? That's the trend.

Or what if he spends his summer bonus on the new Cool Ranch Tacos and comes back 200 pounds heavier? You're telling me you don't think this guy could be the next Eddy Curry? I had 3 guys listed as undraftable, he's one of them.

If you're building for the future, why not just keep the injured center you have already? At least that guy has a clear passion for the game, and a much improved offensive game before he went down.

The guy I had before was a tad bit overrated. He's already 30, with his own extensive injury rap sheet, and nowhere near the dominating force Bynum is.

Because that's what Bynum is. Offensively he's the most dominating center in basketball.

And Bynum's love of the game has served him pretty well thusfar. Sure, maybe he's not KG or anything, but remember, he played with Kobe, and Kobe sucks the fun out of everything.

So if he gets injured, that sucks. True, it could happen with anyone (Dwight Howard, for instance, is about as healthy as an asbestos sandwich the past 2 seasons), but it has been a disturbing pattern up until last year, and resurfaced this year. So if he shows up out of shape, that sucks. But a lot of guys show up out of shape that can be turned around. Shaq, for one. Paul Pierce, for another.

But if he's remotely healthy, if he's remotely healthy around the playoffs, I've got the best young center in basketball, the best young PG in basketball, and a promising hustle monster at the 4.

Like I said, he was, based on performance alone, the second best center in basketball last year, and the most dominant offensive center in the league. And he's supposed to be back by the end of the month. Maybe. Probably. Maybe.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner