Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 488433 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #855 on: February 17, 2013, 09:50:53 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Im really debating something so i have to ask what is the value(round-wise first, second etc.) of someone who scores 18 ppg but shoots .401%(17 shots a game and 4.6 free throws a game to get 18) and .232 3P% and earns $11 million an year?

Well, Im assuming the player is bringing more to the table. How's his defense? Rebounding? Passing? How tall is he?
It's Monta Ellis.

Good defender and rebounder at PG position. Liability at SG. Good passer for SG. Dodgy one for PG. 6-3 with elite athleticism.

If you can put Monta in a situation where you can minimize his negatives and optimize his strengths, he is a very valuable player. He could be really good for a few teams.

I agree, Who. That's why he's on the block. For the right team, he can make the difference.

« Reply #856 on: February 17, 2013, 09:51:44 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Im really debating something so i have to ask what is the value(round-wise first, second etc.) of someone who scores 18 ppg but shoots .401%(17 shots a game and 4.6 free throws a game to get 18) and .232 3P% and earns $11 million an year?

Well, Im assuming the player is bringing more to the table. How's his defense? Rebounding? Passing? How tall is he?
It's Monta Ellis.

Good defender and rebounder at PG position. Liability at SG. Good passer for SG. Dodgy one for PG. 6-3 with elite athleticism.

What would you say early second?
I think late first early second is good value.

On the right team, I think he could make sense even a bit higher in the first round.

Preach.

« Reply #857 on: February 17, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

It's Monta Ellis.

If you can put Monta in a situation where you can minimize his negatives and optimize his strengths, he is a very valuable player. He could be really good for a few teams.

I agree, Who. That's why he's on the block. For the right team, he can make the difference.

Yup i agree also question is Who, whats is the right team for Monta as you said there is very few i mean for Monta to succeed does the team need to fit his needs?

« Reply #858 on: February 17, 2013, 09:57:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

It's Monta Ellis.

Yup i agree also question is Who, whats is the right team for Monta as you said there is very few i mean for Monta to succeed does the team need to fit his needs?

Someone that can

(1) Allow Monta to defend the PG position
(2) Work around his lack of PG skills offensively. Most likely either by coupling him with a big PG (who can defend SGs) or a playmaking wing (who can share ball-handling and playmaking responsibilities).

Need both elements to make Monta work at a high level.

Otherwise, Monta is best as a sixth man combo guard type.

« Reply #859 on: February 17, 2013, 09:57:55 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I'm contemplating moving TP and TD.  I'll listen to offers, but I'd need multiple picks, coupled with a young guy on a small contract.

« Reply #860 on: February 17, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

It's Monta Ellis.

Someone that can

(2) Work around his lack of PG skills offensively. Most likely either by coupling him with a big PG (who can defend SGs) or a playmaking wing (who can share ball-handling and playmaking responsibilities).

Jrue Holiday seems like a fit.

« Reply #861 on: February 17, 2013, 09:59:28 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm inclined to believe for Monta to be at his best, he needs to be a PG again.  Put him next to a SG who plays D and is a solid spot up shooter.

« Reply #862 on: February 17, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I'm inclined to believe for Monta to be at his best, he needs to be a PG again.  Put him next to a SG who plays D and is a solid spot up shooter.

He can be a combo guard
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #863 on: February 17, 2013, 10:02:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Me either, but I do think at least this elevates him above 'the eye test says he sucks', no?

The truth is probably somewhere in between.

I really just don't care for his skillset, and I'm always wary of these undersized, wiry, athletic guys. Feels like there's just been SO many of them that have shown flashes without ever becoming truly effective.

Yeah, Im not so sure about that. I wonder which guys youre talking about. There is the baby-eater in the central conference, but his body type isn't really all that similar to thompsons. There is the pogo-stick 4/5 in Canada, but he's playing pretty well right now. There is the 3/4 in the Atlantic who is actually a 4 that I played this summer, but he's smaller than Thompson, and he's been very effective.

I guess Im not really sure who you're talking about.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #864 on: February 17, 2013, 10:02:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

It's Monta Ellis.

Someone that can

Jrue Holiday seems like a fit.

Monta could do a good Wade impersonation in Miami too.

Bonus points if Miami could couple Monta (PG) and LeBron (SF) with a good ball-handling, passing and jump-shooting two guard. That guy in Orlando would be perfect. 

« Reply #865 on: February 17, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

He can be a combo guard

Avery Bradley would be a really good compliment for Monta.

« Reply #866 on: February 17, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Wait a second... you guys are saying Monta has a LACK of point guard skills? What Monta are we looking at? O_o O.o O-o
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #867 on: February 17, 2013, 10:04:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Wait a second... you guys are saying Monta has a LACK of point guard skills? What Monta are we looking at? O_o O.o O-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzpUz1UJNiQ
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #868 on: February 17, 2013, 10:05:43 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Are Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings a good combination?

« Reply #869 on: February 17, 2013, 10:06:58 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

He can be a combo guard

Yes, but combo guards are 6th men types usually.  I'm inlcined to believe Monta is still a capable enough passer to be a full-time PG if he had a wing who can create his own offense.

I'm not so sure Monta would be too accpeting of a bench role.