Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484387 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #840 on: February 17, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »

Offline airbelinelli

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • Derrick Rose is year-to-year
I think the people I'm most scared of are the ones that havent said a word yet and are just waiting in the wings... the next few days are going to be really interesting
CB Draft: Golden State Warriors - 14.23
PG: Bledsoe/Lin/ Harris
SG: Beal/ Henderson/ Ingram
SF: Winslow/McDermott/
PF: Turner/ Acy / Hernangomez
C: Adams/ Turner/ McRoberts
DKC Nets: http://tinyurl.com/h5mdvwj

« Reply #841 on: February 17, 2013, 09:28:12 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think right now, the most interesting thing I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out is Rondo's Hawks.

I mean, THREE 1st round picks?  How does that even happen?

« Reply #842 on: February 17, 2013, 09:29:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
On the earlier discussion of Deron Williams ...

Deron Williams has been playing better as of late. His scoring efficiency is up around 58% since the New Year (20 games). Well above average mark. Deron got off to a bad start but it looks like things are at least trending upwards for him.

I think there is another bump Deron's game (offensively) could see with a better coaching staff and a more skilled power forward offensively alongside Brook Lopez.

« Reply #843 on: February 17, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Thompsons one of those guys where the eye says one thing, and the stats say another. The stats support that he's a really good young player, but the eyes see someone who looks like he sucks (and might be getting numbers just being on a bad team).

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I can quote David Thorpe:

Tristan Thompson, Cavaliers | Sophomore
TT is quietly putting together a nice Most Improved Player campaign. He is learning how to finish shots, making free throws better, and playing like the athlete he was in college. He has the talent to be one of the league's top rebounders and a double-double guy for the next eight seasons. He should also be a plus defender, capable of guarding either big position as well as stretch 4s, thanks to his agility.

That was under 'Likely to make one or more all-star game', with Damian Lillard, Bradley Beal, and a player not yet selected. (The only players above are Kyrie, Anthony Davis, and Andre Drummond)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #844 on: February 17, 2013, 09:36:12 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Thompsons one of those guys where the eye says one thing, and the stats say another. The stats support that he's a really good young player, but the eyes see someone who looks like he sucks (and might be getting numbers just being on a bad team).

TT is quietly putting together a nice Most Improved Player campaign. He is learning how to finish shots, making free throws better, and playing like the athlete he was in college. He has the talent to be one of the league's top rebounders and a double-double guy for the next eight seasons. He should also be a plus defender, capable of guarding either big position as well as stretch 4s, thanks to his agility.

That was under 'Likely to make one or more all-star game', with Damian Lillard, Bradley Beal, and a player not yet selected. (The only players above are Kyrie, Anthony Davis, and Andre Drummond)

I'm not the biggest David Thorpe fan.

« Reply #845 on: February 17, 2013, 09:36:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I really like Tristan Thompson's defensive potential.

Great blend of size, strength, quickness, agility and leaping ability. Physical talent is extremely impressive. Shows a strong comfort level defending face up bigs and perimeter bigs as well as the capacity to defend physical forwards in the post. Impressive range in the different types of forwards he can cover defensively.

As he gets more experience, he has a chance to become a really special defensive player.

« Reply #846 on: February 17, 2013, 09:38:40 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I'm not the biggest David Thorpe fan.

Me either, but I do think at least this elevates him above 'the eye test says he sucks', no?

Well at least I'm assuming David Thorpe has watched more Tristan Thompson than either of us. I might be wrong.

« Reply #847 on: February 17, 2013, 09:41:44 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Im really debating something so i have to ask what is the value(round-wise first, second etc.) of someone who scores 18 ppg but shoots .401%(17 shots a game and 4.6 free throws a game to get 18) and .232 3P% and earns $11 million an year?

« Reply #848 on: February 17, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Im really debating something so i have to ask what is the value(round-wise first, second etc.) of someone who scores 18 ppg but shoots .401%(17 shots a game and 4.6 free throws a game to get 18) and .232 3P% and earns $11 million an year?

Late first, early 2nd ... maybe a little higher to a team who needs an extra scorer badly.

« Reply #849 on: February 17, 2013, 09:45:07 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Me either, but I do think at least this elevates him above 'the eye test says he sucks', no?

The truth is probably somewhere in between.

I really just don't care for his skillset, and I'm always wary of these undersized, wiry, athletic guys. Feels like there's just been SO many of them that have shown flashes without ever becoming truly effective.

« Reply #850 on: February 17, 2013, 09:46:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Well, Im assuming the player is bringing more to the table. How's his defense? Rebounding? Passing? How tall is he?

« Reply #851 on: February 17, 2013, 09:47:15 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Well, Im assuming the player is bringing more to the table. How's his defense? Rebounding? Passing? How tall is he?

Below average defender, 6 ft 3 in

« Reply #852 on: February 17, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

It's Monta Ellis.

Good defender and rebounder at PG position. Liability at SG. Good passer for SG. Dodgy one for PG. 6-3 with elite athleticism.

If you can put Monta in a situation where you can minimize his negatives and optimize his strengths, he is a very valuable player. He could be really good for a few teams.

« Reply #853 on: February 17, 2013, 09:48:49 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

It's Monta Ellis.

Good defender and rebounder at PG position. Liability at SG. Good passer for SG. Dodgy one for PG. 6-3 with elite athleticism.

What would you say early second?

« Reply #854 on: February 17, 2013, 09:50:38 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

It's Monta Ellis.

What would you say early second?
I think late first early second is good value.

On the right team, I think he could make sense even a bit higher in the first round. Probably be overpaying a bit but it could still work out well.