Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484041 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #825 on: February 17, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Why is IP getting so much hate this draft?  :o

« Reply #826 on: February 17, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Hmmm...now I see the type of analysis that led you to trade for Deron Williams and keep Howard over Kobe..

The knives are out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S3LxVXVP8M

« Reply #827 on: February 17, 2013, 08:45:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Horrible offensive inefficiency? Based on what kimosbe?
How about a TS% below 50% for his career before that guy that got hurt went down? How about a FG% below 46% before that guy went down? How about a career FT% of 60%?

Anyone else want to label that horrible offensive efficiency for a 6'9" PF? He's a PF that takes nearly 10 shots a game to average 11 points!!!

Ha. So you're excluding all the games where the team demanded that he step up his level of play and elevate his game.

Hmmm...now I see the type of analysis that led you to trade for Deron Williams and keep Howard over Kobe..
Okay let me add those games back in. Thompson's career stats, even those games where his team demanded him to step up and perform, because Lord knows the Cavs weren't expecting him to step up and perform before someone got hurt, are:

47% FG%
0% 3PT%
59.9% FT%
50.1% TS%

Sorry people, I didn't mean to mislead you into thinking his offense was as bad as I stated. It's a miniscule better than I let on.

« Reply #828 on: February 17, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
You're right. We have already dissected Deron Williams and Tristan Thompson. Let's talk about Josh Smith and all his limitations.... ;D

Besides, if we talk about IP's team now, its just that much less we have to do it later, hopefully ;) :D

« Reply #829 on: February 17, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

How about a TS% below 50% for his career before that guy that got hurt went down? How about a FG% below 46% before that guy went down? How about a career FT% of 60%?

Anyone else want to label that horrible offensive efficiency for a 6'9" PF? He's a PF that takes nearly 10 shots a game to average 11 points!!!

Ha. So you're excluding all the games where the team demanded that he step up his level of play and elevate his game.

Okay let me add those games back in. Thompson's career stats, even those games where his team demanded him to step up and perform, because Lord knows the Cavs weren't expecting him to step up and perform before someone got hurt, are:

47% FG%
0% 3PT%
59.9% FT%
50.1% TS%

Sorry people, I didn't mean to mislead you into thinking his offense was as bad as I stated. It's a miniscule better than I let on.

In fairness, with young guys it doesn't always make a lot of sense to look at career numbers. 

Thompson gets credit for his recent play.  He's been producing pretty well, and his team has actually won more games with Zeller starting than it did with Varejao.  That's partially because Thompson has stepped up.

(That's the last nice thing I say about IP's team this year, unless it's to pimp Kyrie.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #830 on: February 17, 2013, 08:59:13 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Getting hot in here

Me likey!!!

Hopefully ya'll keep your clothes on though.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:05:46 PM by KGs Knee »

« Reply #831 on: February 17, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Getting hot in here

me likely!!!

Hopefully ya'll keep you clothes on though.

You likely?

« Reply #832 on: February 17, 2013, 09:05:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

47% FG%
0% 3PT%
59.9% FT%
50.1% TS%

In fairness, with young guys it doesn't always make a lot of sense to look at career numbers. 

Thompson gets credit for his recent play.  He's been producing pretty well, and his team has actually won more games with Zeller starting than it did with Varejao.  That's partially because Thompson has stepped up.

(That's the last nice thing I say about IP's team this year, unless it's to pimp Kyrie.)
Very true.

And again, this just goes back to defending what I thought was an innocuous claim that Thompson was a third rounder in this draft. I actually think he has a very good upside, like a certain rookie on the Celtics that will go un-named. I just don't think right now, he's great or his offense is that good.

And BTW, there's no malice here, just stating what I think.

« Reply #833 on: February 17, 2013, 09:06:45 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Getting hot in here

me likely!!!

You likely?

Oh boy, the spelling police are out. ::)

« Reply #834 on: February 17, 2013, 09:08:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Getting hot in here

me likely!!!

You likely?

I think he just misunderstood the "me likely" not realizing you meant "me likey" meaning you liked the back and forth.

« Reply #835 on: February 17, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Getting hot in here

me likely!!!

You likely?

I think he just misunderstood the "me likely" not realizing you meant "me likey" meaning you liked the back and forth.

oh ok yea it didnt make any sense thats why i asked

« Reply #836 on: February 17, 2013, 09:13:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Getting hot in here

me likely!!!

You likely?

Well I can promise you I'll be keeping MY clothes on.  :o

« Reply #837 on: February 17, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Perfect storm, really.

Two controversial picks - Bynum, who is a huge physical specimen. A great post defender, and he's offensively intelligent in that he knows his offensive limitations (he smartly always runs right to the tin in transition and aside from an occasional 3 pt attempt, generally sticks to what he's good at). On the other hand, he's injury prone and there's some evidence to support the fact that Bynum really just doesn't care much.

Thompsons one of those guys where the eye says one thing, and the stats say another. The stats support that he's a really good young player, but the eyes see someone who looks like he sucks (and might be getting numbers just being on a bad team).

And on top of that IP's a great politician. So I think some people are probably being proactive before the IP spin machine starts throwing out statistical links that I never click on.

« Reply #838 on: February 17, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

47% FG%
0% 3PT%
59.9% FT%
50.1% TS%

Well, Id say he had a tough rookie season adapting as a big man to the NBA game (like just about all big men), and is starting to show his promise this year. And this year, over 53 games and an admittedly slow start, he's got a better true shooting % than LaMarcus Aldridge.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #839 on: February 17, 2013, 09:21:05 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Perfect storm, really.

Two controversial picks - Bynum, who is a huge physical specimen. A great post defender, and he's offensively intelligent in that he knows his offensive limitations (he smartly always runs right to the tin in transition and aside from an occasional 3 pt attempt, generally sticks to what he's good at). On the other hand, he's injury prone and there's some evidence to support the fact that Bynum really just doesn't care much.

Thompsons one of those guys where the eye says one thing, and the stats say another. The stats support that he's a really good young player, but the eyes see someone who looks like he sucks (and might be getting numbers just being on a bad team).

And on top of that IP's a great politician. So I think some people are probably being proactive before the IP spin machine starts throwing out statistical links that I never click on.

lol at the last part ;D