Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484271 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #780 on: February 17, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So I just finished my spreadsheet for this draft after not having one for the first time during the CB Draft.

Its got the 11 round draft with draft positions, all teams with owners listed, those teams keepers and/or current players, a list of every available player from the NBA this season, my roster with a salary cap breakdown, and a list of what I think are the top available 20 players at each position.

If you don't have one I'm more than willing to email this to you.

« Reply #781 on: February 17, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
He does remind me of one of those players that could just continue this downward trend and just become irrelevant. It was a year ago people still could mention him in the same breath as CP3 and now he's being looked at with a whole new tier of PGs
He could still come back and make it but he's a big question mark to me especially on his contract

Ya, this is how I feel about him too. Just a gut feeling, but I had him as an undraftable player.

Yup. Not quite undraftable, but not a guy I felt great about.
I don't agree. His "inefficient" shooting numbers this year are as good as or better than Jrue Holiday, Russell Westbrook, Rajon Rondo, Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, and a ton others.

You guys are right that Williams isn't 1A with Chris Paul and Derrick Rose anymore because of a couple poor seasons, but I think he's bouncing back this year and is still pretty easily a top 5-6 PG in the league

You don't agree that I didn't feel good about Deron Williams coming into the draft?

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, DEMON!!

(Kidding, I just love when replies syntax don't really make sense)

But, I stand by Rondo and Holiday having better seasons.

Westbrook V Rondo:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rondora01&y1=2013&p2=willide01&y2=2013

Rondo's FG% is higher, his assist to turnover is better, his rebounding is better. His TS% is lower however, so there's that.

Jrue is much closer, but his FG% and 3pt% numbers are better, he's scoring more per 36 and shooting better despite a much more demanding role on his team than Williams's, and defense is undeniably better. His assists are also higher. Williams has him in turnovers and TS%, but the TS% at least is a product of his free throw shooting.

I'm not saying Williams is having an abjectly bad year. I'm saying his year is a far cry from elite.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #782 on: February 17, 2013, 04:06:10 PM »

Offline airbelinelli

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • Derrick Rose is year-to-year
On a completely separate note an ITK who prefers to remain anonymous said dont be surprised if there's motion in Denver before the end of the day 
CB Draft: Golden State Warriors - 14.23
PG: Bledsoe/Lin/ Harris
SG: Beal/ Henderson/ Ingram
SF: Winslow/McDermott/
PF: Turner/ Acy / Hernangomez
C: Adams/ Turner/ McRoberts
DKC Nets: http://tinyurl.com/h5mdvwj

« Reply #783 on: February 17, 2013, 04:07:53 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
So I just finished my spreadsheet for this draft after not having one for the first time during the CB Draft.

Its got the 11 round draft with draft positions, all teams with owners listed, those teams keepers and/or current players, a list of every available player from the NBA this season, my roster with a salary cap breakdown, and a list of what I think are the top available 20 players at each position.

that'd be awesome. joelougee1219@gmail.com
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #784 on: February 17, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
so who falls further, MKG or K. Leanard?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #785 on: February 17, 2013, 04:10:43 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
so who falls further, MKG or K. Leanard?

MKG

« Reply #786 on: February 17, 2013, 04:12:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

that'd be awesome. joelougee1219@gmail.com
Sent it out to you. Good Luck!!!

« Reply #787 on: February 17, 2013, 04:15:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
So that you new guys know, it is an unwritten rule during these drafts not to talk about players that haven't been drafted or picked.

I mean talk about Deron Williams or Kevin Durant or Kyrie Irving or Josh Smith all you want. They have been picked. But until they've been picked, we try our hardest not to talk about the other players.

« Reply #788 on: February 17, 2013, 04:46:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So that you new guys know, it is an unwritten rule during these drafts not to talk about players that haven't been drafted or picked.

Fair enough, makes sense.

I could easily see people trying to intentionally play down a players value to cause them to fall in the draft.  Or on the other hand, talk up a players value, tricking someone else into drafting a player too soon.

A little underhanded I suppose.

« Reply #789 on: February 17, 2013, 04:53:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I could easily see people trying to intentionally play down a players value to cause them to fall in the draft.  Or on the other hand, talk up a players value, tricking someone else into drafting a player too soon.

The tricky thing about playing down a player's value is that eventually, you might end up having to defend them. So if you play down a player's value (like for instance, if this draft were competitive, and I faced the Sixers in the first round of the playoffs with a team built around Kyrie Irving as its best player, I'd be pretty screwed.*

*For those new or forgetful, I dramatically played up Jrue Holiday's seemingly superman-like ability to defend Kyrie Irving this past summer in the CB Draft.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #790 on: February 17, 2013, 04:56:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

The tricky thing about playing down a player's value is that eventually, you might end up having to defend them. So if you play down a player's value (like for instance, if this draft were competitive, and I faced the Sixers in the first round of the playoffs with a team built around Kyrie Irving as its best player, I'd be pretty screwed.*

*For those new or forgetful, I dramatically played up Jrue Holiday's seemingly superman-like ability to defend Kyrie Irving this past summer in the CB Draft.

I guess you need to work on the art of talking out of both side of your mouth.

Oh wait  8)

« Reply #791 on: February 17, 2013, 04:58:29 PM »

Offline airbelinelli

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • Derrick Rose is year-to-year

Then you better hold on to Tristian Thompson....
CB Draft: Golden State Warriors - 14.23
PG: Bledsoe/Lin/ Harris
SG: Beal/ Henderson/ Ingram
SF: Winslow/McDermott/
PF: Turner/ Acy / Hernangomez
C: Adams/ Turner/ McRoberts
DKC Nets: http://tinyurl.com/h5mdvwj

« Reply #792 on: February 17, 2013, 05:05:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
You know last year I had Cleveland and picked Kyrie and Varejao and at the time, AV just went down for the season, but Cleveland had no one else worth picking.

Its not easy having a team where one of your picked players isn't even amongst the top 60 players in the league. You start off with a fairly decent handicap. For that reason I am not a big fan of the salary cap since many of these teams that have less than stellar second players also have the lowest cap to work with.

Then again this isn't a competitive exercise but still, it makes it tougher for 6-8 teams in the league.

« Reply #793 on: February 17, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923

Leave IP alone.

« Reply #794 on: February 17, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Do me a favor and send one my way.

roy@celticsblog.com

I haven't analyzed this draft at all, and I know that you and I view most players similarly.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes