Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484750 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #750 on: February 17, 2013, 02:21:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Would love to pick up a big man (please, no C that are currently out and have been hurt 5 of the last 6 seasons)

He's talking to you IP

« Reply #751 on: February 17, 2013, 02:21:14 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Portland is listening to offers on Skills Champ Lillard. PM Rebus and Lucky.

« Reply #752 on: February 17, 2013, 02:22:18 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
You know who would be great with Holiday and Smith?

Andrew Bynum. Smith is a bit of a stretch 4, and elite defensively for the position, Bynum also an elite defender and a flat-out banger. Match made in heaven.

Somebody regrets the Bynum trade.

If opposing GMs are smart, they will make you pay for your mistake.  (5 major injuries in the past 6 seasons.)

I wasn't going to offer Bynum to the sixers, they don't have the pieces for him, silly.

I don't regret the Bynum trade at all, other than I'm going to hate the draft Monday and Tuesday.

Had the opportunity to get an elite player to pair next to Kyrie Irving for what was fundamentally a 3rd and 4th round pick. You take that when you get it.
I can understand this.

I had two elite players but they don't play well together so I decided one had to go.

That I got rid of the older player with the obnoxious contract and still was able to pick up a top 4 PG, save $10 million and increase my late 4th rounder to a mid 3rd rounder was a bonus in my eyes, because as you said, I still wanted to add another elite player and was able to. At this stage, when you don't have a top 6-7 pick in the draft, that is huge.

I'd say we both should be happy with our deal.

I'm thrilled to have Kobe and Lopez, while still having a top 15 pick.

« Reply #753 on: February 17, 2013, 02:23:16 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Can a player who likely will not play this year be considered elite? If I draft Hakeem Olajuwon and claim he's still elite, does it make it so?

« Reply #754 on: February 17, 2013, 02:23:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Second of all, I'm just picking up the beat where others have left off. I'm not the first guy to say he's the second best center in basketball.

Tell me, what are Hollinger's efficiency stats for Bynum this season? ;)

(In fantasy land, I do love the idea of Bynum and Irving together.  Of course, in fantasy land I love the idea of a dominant Greg Oden and Shaun Livingston together, too.)

According to Hollinger's stats, one Brook Lopez is rated out as the best center this year.  ;D

Noticed that. Punched myself in the face a few times, but I didn't wake up. Must be real?
If it says it on the internet it must be true.

Funny, I always thought the best centers in the league could average more than 7 rebounds a game though

« Reply #755 on: February 17, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Would love to pick up a big man (please, no C that are currently out and have been hurt 5 of the last 6 seasons)
He's talking to you IP

Haha, yeah. I figured. The fact that he wasn't talking about a coach-killing lockerroom malcontent PG who has underperformed a max contact on a level not seen since Allan Houston was a huge tipoff.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #756 on: February 17, 2013, 02:25:38 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I think what will be easiest for Roy, and the other commishes who might have to approve trades is send in confirmations for trades like this:

Lakers send Howard and Williams($36.72 million)

Cleveland sends Bynum and Irving($22.27 million)

Lakers salary $22.27 million...cap $99.3 million

Cleveland salary $40.61 million...cap $70.1 million

That way both GMs can check each others numbers and the likelihood of a mistake lessens.

I'd agree the onus should absolutely be on the individual GM's to keep track of their own cap number.  Seems kind of important for this excercise.

« Reply #757 on: February 17, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

He's talking to you IP

Haha, yeah. I figured. The fact that he wasn't talking about a coach-killing lockerroom malcontent PG who has underperformed a max contact on a level not seen since Allan Houston was a huge tipoff.

I probably don't need one of those either.

« Reply #758 on: February 17, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Willing to trade 1.1 for a player and picks or to move back a little bit. I really have to be overwhelmed to deal 1.1 though.
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #759 on: February 17, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
You know who would be great with Holiday and Smith?

Andrew Bynum. Smith is a bit of a stretch 4, and elite defensively for the position, Bynum also an elite defender and a flat-out banger. Match made in heaven.

Somebody regrets the Bynum trade.

If opposing GMs are smart, they will make you pay for your mistake.  (5 major injuries in the past 6 seasons.)

I wasn't going to offer Bynum to the sixers, they don't have the pieces for him, silly.

I don't regret the Bynum trade at all, other than I'm going to hate the draft Monday and Tuesday.

Had the opportunity to get an elite player to pair next to Kyrie Irving for what was fundamentally a 3rd and 4th round pick. You take that when you get it.
I can understand this.

I had two elite players but they don't play well together so I decided one had to go.

That I got rid of the older player with the obnoxious contract and still was able to pick up a top 4 PG, save $10 million and increase my late 4th rounder to a mid 3rd rounder was a bonus in my eyes, because as you said, I still wanted to add another elite player and was able to. At this stage, when you don't have a top 6-7 pick in the draft, that is huge.

I'd say we both should be happy with our deal.

I'm thrilled to have Kobe and Lopez, while still having a top 15 pick.
I agree. It worked out well for both of us. I just couldn't have Kobe and Dwight on the same team. Someone had to go and I was going to get my best offers early, not late, so I pulled the trigger.

Lopez is actually a good match with Kobe.

« Reply #760 on: February 17, 2013, 02:30:11 PM »

Offline airbelinelli

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • Derrick Rose is year-to-year
If people need to shed salaries, other people could hold out for a better offer so its really important to stay under
CB Draft: Golden State Warriors - 14.23
PG: Bledsoe/Lin/ Harris
SG: Beal/ Henderson/ Ingram
SF: Winslow/McDermott/
PF: Turner/ Acy / Hernangomez
C: Adams/ Turner/ McRoberts
DKC Nets: http://tinyurl.com/h5mdvwj

« Reply #761 on: February 17, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

He's talking to you IP

Well Williams is a coach killing malcontent but I don't know about under performing a max contract to the extent you mentioned. Eddy Curry, Gilbert Arenas, Rasheed Lewis might fit better into that argument.

« Reply #762 on: February 17, 2013, 02:30:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Funny, I always thought the best centers in the league could average more than 7 rebounds a game though

You know, I'd normally agree with you. But, between the Nets quiet success this year, Lopez's efficiency...he's not looking so bad.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #763 on: February 17, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

He's talking to you IP

Well Williams is a coach killing malcontent but I don't know about under performing a max contract to the extent you mentioned. Eddy Curry, Gilbert Arenas, Rasheed Lewis might fit better into that argument.

Williams isnt playing so great this year

« Reply #764 on: February 17, 2013, 02:34:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I'm guessing Kyrie must have the best production (however you want to quantify that) per dollar this season.

I think I've come to accept he is already a near super-star in this league.  I just can't continue to ignore the obvious.

Just really ticked me off how little he gave my Dukies his one season there.