Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 482343 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #690 on: February 17, 2013, 08:15:26 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Another trade:

Hawks send
Josh Smith

76ers send

I haven't paid close enough attention to the talent on the board at #9 to determine if I like this trade.  My first inclination is to like it better for the Hawks.

Also is that the only trade you got?

« Reply #691 on: February 17, 2013, 08:27:50 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Also is that the only trade you got?

Yes.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #692 on: February 17, 2013, 08:44:08 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Another trade:

Hawks send
Josh Smith

76ers send

I haven't paid close enough attention to the talent on the board at #9 to determine if I like this trade.  My first inclination is to like it better for the Hawks.

I like the move for Atlanta. Not wild about Horford and Josh Smith together. Hard to find the extra firepower needed to make them title-worthy. I think restructuring around Horford and two firsts is a better prospect for Atlanta's chances.

For Philly, I think a lot will depend on that early 2nd rounder. If someone slips and they get strong value there, I think this works out well for Philly. If not, then they were probably better off sticking with the two firsts. A risky move.

« Reply #693 on: February 17, 2013, 09:13:59 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Thanks guys, I think I should be able to build a pretty good team with horfod and 3 firsts
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #694 on: February 17, 2013, 10:02:40 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Damian Lillard is using the prize money from his All-Star weekend Skills Challenge victory to open a food cart with LaMarcus Aldridge that serves marionberry pancakes a la mode until 2 AM.

This killed me

« Reply #695 on: February 17, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Thanks guys, I think I should be able to build a pretty good team with horfod and 3 firsts

The Sixers might've given up a wee bit too much, but I think overall it's a good trade for both teams.

I really like the Holiday - Smith pairing. Smith's basically a rich man's version of Thad Young. Lot of fun there.

Looking at my board 1.9 will be a player equal to smith or maybe a little bit less talented. But fit wise, I think it'll be MUCH, much better. And if I'm the Hawks I definitely choose to build around Horford.

« Reply #696 on: February 17, 2013, 10:13:08 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Also, you guys, just cuz a player is a good slam dunker doesn't mean he's a good NBA player. So stay the heck away from Terrence Ross, OK?!

« Reply #697 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:56 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Also, you guys, just cuz a player is a good slam dunker doesn't mean he's a good NBA player. So stay the heck away from Terrence Ross, OK?!

Oh I'll draft him. I really will. I liked his game ever since I saw him play in Washington.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #698 on: February 17, 2013, 10:26:45 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923

He's on my board for the first round so you better act fast.

« Reply #699 on: February 17, 2013, 11:15:38 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

He's on my board for the first round so you better act fast.

Ha, I probably can't take the kid. Wouldn't be a good fit for Bradley, but I do love his game. Wanted to root for him last night, but ended up rooting for the thing to end quickly so I could play Streets of Rage

« Reply #700 on: February 17, 2013, 11:19:29 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Great trade for Atlanta. They already had the 5th pick and now the 9th and 16th while simultaneously getting rid of Smith.

First 16 picks are going to have the most transcendental stars as well as the biggest bargains for talent in the draft.

Rondo made the right move and got the best out of this trade. Question for ronaldo, what is so special about Josh Smith to give up those first rounders? Are you really better off now that Bynum and your first rounder are gone or with Smith and no first rounders?

I'm leaning towards rather having Bynum because I just don't see Philly as being a contending team and think building towards next year would be better, but maybe not. What's everyone else think?

Was Philly better off Bynum/Holiday/original picks or Smith/Holiday/3 2nd rounders? I guess an argument can be made for both.

« Reply #701 on: February 17, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Atlanta is gonna be stacked.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #702 on: February 17, 2013, 11:28:59 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Maybe it's just cuz this is the first time I've drafted in the second half of the Pick 2 draft, but anyone else feel like there's less good players available?

« Reply #703 on: February 17, 2013, 11:31:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Maybe it's just cuz this is the first time I've drafted in the second half of the Pick 2 draft, but anyone else feel like there's less good players available?
Its about the same, and I've drafted all over the Pick 2 draft.

And don't forget, players slip. Well they have in the past, this CB Draft it almost never happened but with the salary cap, I'm thinking players will slip.

« Reply #704 on: February 17, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Its about the same, and I've drafted all over the Pick 2 draft.

And don't forget, players slip. Well they have in the past, this CB Draft it almost never happened but with the salary cap, I'm thinking players will slip.

same here